The Summer to Remember

i love it really its really cool, cant wait ti see the reaction of sydney and vaughn s parents !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awhh ther going to tell them?

loveing the update

thanks for the pm :smiley: :smiley:

awhh ther going to tell them?

loveing the update

thanks for the pm :smiley: :smiley:

:eek:ldhi: Hi everyone! Good afternoon. You guys are in for a treat today...a 1,028 word chapter that extends about four pages in Microsoft Word. So, please R&R and enjoy! Another update tomorrow sometime.

-erin :smiley:

P.S. PM's are working so much better. That makes it so much easier. *knocks on wood*

Chapter Ten
Vaughn led Sydney and her friends inside the Weiss’ house to meet Eric and his parents.

“Eric and Mrs. Weiss, I’d like you to meet Sydney, our new neighbor and her three friends, Francie, Hallie, and Jackie.”

Eric stated.

“Hi Sydney, Francie, Hallie, and Jackie, pleased to meet you all. Please make yourself right at home,” Mrs. Weiss said. She was the type of person who welcomed everyone with open arms.

“Thank you very much.” Sydney replied.

“Mrs. Weiss, what would you like us to do to help?” Vaughn asked.

“Ummm…well…could you put out the ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, buns, plates, and silverware out on the deck please? Also any other condiments you find in the fridge.”

“Alright. Girls, you could do that right?”

“Yeah, no problem.” Sydney answered for herself and her friends.

“Alright, I’m going to go help Eric with the grilling.”

“Okay.”

The girls took the things from the kitchen counter and put it on the table close to the grill. They had been busy up until the first guest arrived, Eric and Vaughn’s friend Ryan. Soon after that, Sydney counted a total of twenty-five people. The four friends, Sydney, Francie, Hallie, and Jackie all split off and talked to the people they knew on the account that they were all from their high school.

Once it got dark out a majority of the group went down by the fire pit and sat in the lawn chairs. Sydney decided that she would join the group after helping Mrs. Weiss clean up the deck. Sydney was in the kitchen washing some dishes when she heard two girls talking.

“I wonder why Lauren isn’t here. Her and Vaughn were practically inseparable last summer.” One girl said.

“Don’t you know? They broke up after he found out that Lauren was cheating on him.”

“No. Wow.”

“Yes. There’s more. I heard that Vaughn is dating some girl who’s here tonight.”

“Get out!”

“Nah…I wanna know who the lucky lady is.”

“I know,” Sydney spoke up from the kitchen.

“Who?”

“Me.”

“You?” the girls asked puzzled.

“Yeah, he asked me out yesterday. By the way my name is Sydney Bristow.”

“Nice to meet you Sydney. I’m Regina and this is Melanie, Mel for short.”

“Hi. Well I best be on my way out to the bonfire. Please, don’t tell anyone about Vaughn and me. We’re trying to keep it on the ‘DL’…down low.”

“Okay. Nice to meet you.” Regina replied.

“See you around.” Mel added.

Sydney walked out to the large porch and saw Vaughn waiting for her.

“Hey Syd.”

“Hey.”

“Do you want to do something fun?”

“Sure, but I guess it depends.”

“Okay, well the Weiss’ have these awesome swings and the one in the middle stretches all the way up to this very deck. Since we were nine years old we would pull the swing up to here and swing all the way down. So you wanna try?”

“I suppose.” Sydney said nervously.

“Great!”

Vaughn ran down the deck stairs and grabbed the swing and ran up the landscaping till he reached the deck.

“Hold on to the swing Syd,” Vaughn instructed and then ran up the stairs, “Now, I’m going to hold on to the swing while you get up and sit on the swing and hold on to the railing. When you’re ready, tell me and I’m going to push you off the railing. Okay?”

“Alright,” Syd said as she sat down on the swing on the railing, “GO!”

Vaughn pushed her off. Sydney was screaming bloody-murder and everyone was laughing from below.

Ryan walked up and saw his buddy Vaughn, “Hey Vaughn.”

“Hey Ryan! Did you see how scared Syd is?”

“Yeah.”

“It’s payback for yesterday!”

“What did she do to you to deserve to pushed off the railing?”

“She kept pushing me off tubing yesterday.”

“Oh…you two flirt a lot whether you realize it or not.”

“Yeah, we have a tendency to be like that.”

“Have you asked her out yet?”

“Yes.”

“And…”

“She said yes.”

“Good for you man.” Ryan said as he hit Vaughn’s back.

“Thanks.”

They saw Sydney walking up the stairs.

“So…how was it?” Vaughn inquired.

“Pure torture, but it was fun.”

“Good. Ryan this is Syd, Syd this is Ryan.”

They exchanged ‘hellos’ and shook hands.

“So are you up to more fun Syd?”

“H*ll yes!”

“Good. Follow Ryan and I.”

Sydney followed the two guys. This time they went to a swing closer to the bonfire. Sydney heard an “owow!” made by no one other than her best friend Francie Calfo.

“Okay, Sydney I want you to stand firmly in the middle of the swing. We’re going to push you and one by on we’re going to jump on to the swing. Then, if you want to you can try.”

“Sounds good enough.” Sydney replied.

“Believe me, it’s more fun than it sounds,” Ryan said reassuring her.

Ten minutes later Sydney was the one jumping on and off laughing. Once Sydney was satisfied they joined everyone around the fire. Sydney sat on Vaughn’s lap. Of course there were plenty of inquiries if they were dating and they just smiled.

Around two in the morning they all got engaged into a fierce game of bean bags. Then finally around three a.m. Sydney, Vaughn, Francie, Hallie, and Jackie returned to their houses.

Sydney and Vaughn decided they would stay up to watch the sun rise and the girls decided to go to sleep.

After saying goodnight, they went to Eric’s house to help clean up. They all finished cleaning up around four-thirty. Sydney and Vaughn left and proceeded to the Vaughn’s pier. The whole way there Sydney and Vaughn held hands. Vaughn led her onto the pontoon.

“Vaughn, I’m cold.”

“Hold on baby,” Vaughn said as he opened up one seat and pulled out a massive blanket.”

“You called me baby…I like that.”

“Here baby.” Vaughn said as he help up the blanket and sat down and covered Sydney and him up. She rested her head on his shoulder and he on her head.

It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

PM LIST---Please check your username to make sure it's correct.
6helterskelter6
Alias_Angel
Alias lover 818
aliaschick347
AliasSydney502
angels_fire_88
Carney4ever
Chicketepee
crazy for alias
dandan
derevkointraining
Donniegirl