The sun will shine again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, here is my new story.
I hope you'll like it.
The story itself hasn't been completely finished yet but I'm going to try and update every Monday :D
Just as before, I won't be sending out pm's for individual updates.
I do apologize for not being able to send out a pm to let you know that a new story has been posted but I don't have much time right now.

Enjoy reading!!
Part One(below) Part Two Part three Part Four

The Sun Will Shine Again

~part one~

The sun had barely awoken on that first Saturday morning of November when Michael Vaughn woke up in his Los Angeles home but while the soft rays of sunlight started their morning game of iluminating everything it ran past on its way, the beauty of it wasn't noticed by Michael.

But then again, how is one possible to enjoy the beauty of nature when you're about to say goodbye to someone you loved so much and who you will never see again?

For the last four years, Michael Vaughn had had to deal with saying goodbye to a lot of people and everything it felt as if he had to part with a small part of himself.

It had all started four years ago when his best friend Thomas Williams died in a car accident on his way to meet him for their monthly hockey evening and ever since, bad luck had taken possession of Michael Vaughn's life and it seemed as if it would go on forever.

Michael had barely gotten over the death of his best friend when a year later his mother died of cancer.
Since the day his mother died, it seemed as if he had lost his father too because no matter what he did to try and cheer his father up, nothing seemed to work and today, three years after the death of Elisabeth Vaughn, William Vaughn had decided to go back to his beloved wife.

Sighing heavily, Michael finally got out of bed and it was only then that he noticed that his wife Lauren Reed wasn't laying in bed.
Figuring she had already gone downstairs, he too made his way to the kitchen.

Walking into the kitchen, he saw Lauren stand near the kitchen sink with her cellphone and cup of coffee in her hand, the same ritual as every other day.

Noticing him standing there, she quickly finished her conversation and turned towards him.

"Morning."
"Morning. You got up early."
"Well if I want to catch my plane at eight, I will have to hurry."
"So you're really going to get through with this huh?"
"Michael, we talked about this before. I have an important job, they can't miss me. The entire future of the company is on my shoulders."
"Do you know what I don't understand Lauren?"
"Now what?"
"Whenever something in your family happens, everyone around you has to just drop everything and comfort you but what you don't seem to understand is that others need comfort too once in awhile."
"Look, I have an important meeting today which I have to go to and that's it."
"Yeah, an important meeting that you can have anytime you want. Of course that that is more important than your father-in-law's funeral, who you can only attend once."
"We're not having this conversation again Michael, we had it for more than two weeks and I'm sick of it. I'm very sorry for your loss but I'm not going to the funeral. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a plane to catch."
"Sure."
"I'll be back in two days."

And without saying a proper goodbye or a kiss, she picked up her bag and was out of the house and frankly, he no longer cared because for the last six months, their marriage had been nothing but a mere formality.
The love they had once felt for each other had been long gone.

:blush:

OMG WHAT AN F-N BITCH

Seriously a JOB more important then your father-in-laws funeral
SHE IS F-D
Honestly
Ahhh he needs to divorce her RIGHT NOW
Dude Im in shock denial and everything under the sun how the hell did he marry her in the first place
ahhh and where is Syd we need Syd to come and bitch slap lauren outta Vaughns life
It is so sad, first his friend then his mother then his father and then his marriage all dead
Dude this is allready great
I hope lots of people come and read this but AA seems to be a dead zone at the moment

Hey everyone,

I hope you are all doing ok?
I'm very well, thanks for asking Amy :D

Thanks everyone for reading and I'm really glad you like it.

~part two~

When Michael arrived at church that morning, he was amazed at how many people had actually come to say a final goodbye to his father and even though he didn't know half of them, for a moment he didn't feel all alone anymore.

The ceremony was very short but powerful and while the coffin was carried out of the church, Michael took his place at the church entrance to greet those who came to give him their condolances.

A lot of people had already come to see him to say how much they had loved William and the more people that came, the harder it got for Michael because no one had asked that entire morning how he was feeling.
It seemed as if he was just a stranger who they wanted to get away from as fast as they could.

And just as he thought that he couldn't take it any longer, he heard the sweetest voice he had ever heard behind him and while he only heard one word, it did more to him than all the other words he had heard that entire morning.

"Vaughn."
And when he turned towards the sound, all else seemed to dissapear and the only one present were himself and his best friend Sydney Bristow.
"Syd."

And no other words were needed because as they looked at each other, tears started floating and they were in each other's arms in an instant.

Minutes long, they just stood there and while everyone else seemed to look at them, neither one of them seemed to notice it but finally they pulled back.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were living in New York?"
"I do but I read about your father's death in the paper a few days ago and I thought you could use some company."
"Thanks."
"You're welcome."
"So where are you staying?"
"At my mom's. She asked me to give you her condolances. I'm so sorry about your dad, he was always so kind to me."
"That's because he loved you as a daughter."
"I know it's strange but I always saw him as a dad to me too."
"He would have loved to hear that."
"Yeah. So where is Lauren? I don't think I saw her sitting in church."
"That's because she's not here."
"What? Why?"
"She is the head of a fashion company and she had a meeting today and it was important for the company's future."
"And what about your future? You just lost the only parent you had left."
"She's...she's different than you and I and no matter what I say, she just doesn't listen."
"How can you live like that?"
"I've been doing it for six years already and somehow I seem to manage it, I just don't know how."
"Oh Michael..."
"I guess you just learn to live with it."

And just as she was about to say something, Michael was interrupted by an old friend of his father and a few others.
By the time Michael was able to talk to Sydney again, an hour had gone by and when the last guests had gone home again, he found her sitting at the fountain in front of the park near the church.

"Hey, sorry about that."
"It's okay, you had to do it."
"Yeah, sadly I did. Hey, everyone has gone home and Lauren isn't coming back until Monday so in stead of going back home alone and get depressed, do you maybe want to go for a drink or something?"
"I'd love to."
"Great."
"Where do you want to go?"
"The skating rink?"
"Deal."

And both got up and took a taxi to the local skating rink.

Hello????
He knows Syd so how the hell is he with Lauren?
Honestly I can't fathom it! Lauren is a self centered major bitch and Syd is the FRIEND who travels across the country to make sure he is ok.
To quote greys (and change it a bit)
Syd/Addison to Vaughn/Burke: I think I speak for all the women in this room when I say dump her. Dump Lauren and marry me.

This is so great I cant wait for the next installment

I know that you are all wondering as to why Michael is still staying with Lauren and why he doesn't go straight to Syd but there are reasons for that.
Reasons you will learn about in further chapters.
Both Michael and Sydney have a past they can't just get over with but in time they will learn things about each other they hadn't knew before and their relationship will get even more intense and beautiful :smiley:

I know that you are all wondering as to why Michael is still staying with Lauren and why he doesn't go straight to Syd but there are reasons for that.
Reasons you will learn about in further chapters.
Both Michael and Sydney have a past they can't just get over with but in time they will learn things about each other they hadn't knew before and their relationship will get even more intense and beautiful :smiley:

I can't believe I didn't reply to this yet.

Don't you dare make us feel sorry for Lauren. She is being very heartless by not supporting Michael in his time of need. She should be at the funeral.
I think that negates whatever happened in the past.

Lauren is so cold about William's death and she puts work ahead of her husband. However, I think there's more to it. I think the phone call wasn't for work, it was another man- work is just an excuse for Lauren to get away and meet him.

Chris

~part three~

They didn't say much to each other on the way to the skating rink but as soon as they had put on their skates and took their first steps on the ice, every emotion they had felt just bursted loose in a wave of words.

"I can't believe it's been six years already since I last came here."
"Seven years."
"What?"
"Seven years because you came to my wedding and that was six years ago and you had moved a year before that."
"You're right."
"I missed you."
"I missed you too."
"Can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"What happened that we just lost track of each other? I mean, we were friends from when we were five and suddenly twenty years later, we just stopped being so close."
"Moving out to go and live in New York and leaving everything I loved behind was the hardest thing I had ever done but I also knew that I had to. I couldn't stay here any longer, it brought up too many painful memories and in order to learn how to deal with them, I had to go on with my life and start again. And somewhere along the way, we just lost each other."
"I kept hoping that one day you would just come back and I really thought you had come back for good when my mom died but then you left again. I still hope you will come and live here again."
"Maybe one day I will be able to do that again."
"Make sure to let me know okay?"
"I will. Hey Vaughn?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm glad you wanted to come here again."
"Me too."
"Do you still remember that we used to come here every weekend just to skate and feel free?"
"Yeah, I still come here sometimes to hold on to some memories but it's not the same without you here."
"I know, I keep saying that to myself too everytime I pass the skating rink in New York on my way from work. Sometimes I just walk in to enjoy the freshness of the ice and to think but I always get so sad afterwards because I keep thinking about all those days we spend here together."
"Promise me that you'll come more often to Los Angeles. Now that I found you again, I don't want to lose you again."
"I promise."
"Good, now let's see if you still know how to skate."
"Are you implying that I forgot how to skate?"
"No, I'm just saying that I will still kick your ass."
"Let's see about that."

And as they started skating over the ice just to see who the fastest was, all previous emotions of pain and loss were forgotten and suddenly they both realised just how much they had missed being around each other and sharing everything.

I like that, no matter where either of them are, they look for a place that reminds them of happy times. Now that Michael's marriage is falling apart, hopefully Sydney will come back more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back