The Terminal

SecretAgentMan

Caution: Beware of Male
Drama and Comedy

2 hrs. 08 min.

An immigrant (Hanks) fleeing the war that ravages his tiny Eastern European homeland finds himself stuck in the terminal of one of New York City's airports when the time of his landing coincides precisely with the point at which the war causes his nation of origin to no longer exist, meaning that his passport and paperwork are no longer valid. As a man without a home, he takes up residence in the terminal itself, befriending the staff of the airport, and falling in love with an airline flight attendant (Zeta-Jones).

Release Date: June 18th, 2004 (wide).

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for brief language and drug references.

Distributor: DreamWorks Pictures

Starring: Tom Hanks, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Chi McBride, Stanley Tucci, Diego Luna
Directed by: Steven Spielberg
Produced by: Steven Spielberg, Walter F. Parkes, Laurie MacDonald

Trailer

Reviews

Tom is a great actor and Catherine great actress ... but I don't know ... this movie doesn't seem to impress me nor give me the urge to watch it ... ;)

She's such a diva. I read somewhere that she thought she should have gotten the part of Satine in Moulin Rouge and not Nicole Kidman. What a crock - that was the final straw for me and Catherine Zeta Jones.

i listened to the reviews on this movie this morning, the movie got hit hard. The critics weren't really impressed with Tom Hanks, or Catherina Zeta Jones. I personally, wasn't extremely impressed with the previews, so i doubt i'm going to see this movie.

I think this looks great... and it is semi-based on a true story.

The actually thing is about a man from Iran who had all of his documnets lost somewhere in Paris whilst he was waiting for a plane to England (possible it was on a train) he had no proof of his succesful application for an English citizenship nor his Iranian passport and since there was a political change all records were some how lost. He has been stuck in Charles de Gaulle airport for 12 years, after 10 he was offered French/Iranian dual citizenship but refused it saying he wanted to be recognised as now being English.

I saw it. It had some laugh out loud funny moments to die for, but in the end it was completely and utterly pointless, and the plot was so weak, I could push it over with my little finger. It fell flat. :thinking:

Sadly, coz I love Diego as well. :love: And I don't mind his mustache... ^_^

Les

OasisSparrow said:
i kinda want to see this. i think it's based on a true story or something. I read something like it before
indeed it is, I posted it in an earlier post if you want to check it out

ehgripo said:
I think this looks great... and it is semi-based on a true story.

The actually thing is about a man from Iran who had all of his documnets lost somewhere in Paris whilst he was waiting for a plane to England (possible it was on a train) he had no proof of his succesful application for an English citizenship nor his Iranian passport and since there was a political change all records were some how lost. He has been stuck in Charles de Gaulle airport for 12 years, after 10 he was offered French/Iranian dual citizenship but refused it saying he wanted to be recognised as now being English.
Actually, I think he developed a phobia of leaving the airport after he had been there for 10 years, and now he's afraid to leave.

the idea for this movie was stolen. I hope the Iranian man gets money or some credit. Spielberg should have made the movie based on his life instead of creating a different character.

SecretAgentMan said:
the idea for this movie was stolen. I hope the Iranian man gets money or some credit. Spielberg should have made the movie based on his life instead of creating a different character.
Well, it's "loosely" based on a book about him, I think. The movie, however, is not really his story just the story of someone else in his situation.

As a movie, though, I liked it.

i really want to see this movie. i think it looks fantastic. i've heard nothing but great reviews for it and i can't wait until it's released here.

:D

My sister saw it and said it was terrible. However, she is the same person who hated Moulin Rouge and House of Sand and Fog. :thinking: What are the critics saying?