Foodies The Thanksgiving Dinner Menu Thread

Tom

An Old Friend
What are you having for Thanksgiving Dinner?

I'm still pondering. No ham this year, just a turkey for sure but pondering all the goodies that will go with it.

Turkey w/Gibblet Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Stovetop Turkey Stuffing (Got sick one year from cooking stuffing inside the turkey)
Cream Corn
Yeast Rolls

Those are a given. Still working on the relish tray and desserts.
I'm thinking.

Pretzel Breadsticks warmed and cut up with a nice Cheesy Fondue
Deviled Eggs
Red Hots, Pepperoni & Boudin Sausages cooked & cut up for the Fondue Tray
Spicy Cajun Pickled Green Beans
Pickled Red Beets
Dill and Sweet Pickles
Green & Black Olives
Olive Brushetta on Toasted French Bread Squares
Store bought Pumpkin Pie w/Whipped Cream
Angel Food Cake with Raspberry Cream Topping
Cucumbers, Sweet Onions, Tomatoes Cheddar & Mozerella Cheese with Raspberry Blush Basalmic Vinegar Splash
My Famous Citrus Punch
Pickled Sweet Cherry Peppers

It's supposed to be 70 degs and clear Thursday, might do something on the grill. Expecting 9 of us in my little apartment.

It's supposed to be 70 degs and clear Thursday, might do something on the grill. Expecting 9 of us in my little apartment.
A Thanksgiving in warm weather would throw me off for a little bit.

Sounds like you've got quite a feast planned!

Store bought Pumpkin Pie w/Whipped Cream
Nothing wrong with store pie; I absolutely love the Costco pumpkin pie and look forward to the Fall season when they start offering it. I'll be heading out Wednesday to pick one up. Just about everything for the family dinner will be made from scratch but the Costco pumpkin pie is a must have. :D

A Thanksgiving in warm weather would throw me off for a little bit.
Yeah, There are still flowers blooming and all the trees are green. No leaves here. But then, there are no salt encrusted roads either. I do miss the Fall weather a little bit but those harsh lake effect winters I love not dealing with.
The nights get cold (46 degs) and I have my central air set to heat (72 degs). It's a different kind of cold. About 10 miles north there is usually Ice. The Gulf keeps my place ice free but the cold still creeps in. My apt is designed for cooling so when it gets cold my floors get cold. Still better than wading thru feet of snowfall.

Decided to add a cheese & cracker tray and a homemade punch.
Doing a bbq pulled-pork appetizer for the cracker tray too.
Picked up some fire-roasted tomato bruchetta for it too.

Been working all day opening up counter space for all the activity tomorrow. Found some of my plastic serving trays cracked - had to throw them away and hit the dollar store. Captured some metal trays there - might last a bit longer. I didn't realize till today I had no deviled egg server - lol.
Also picked up some little gifts for the grandkids.

I didn't realize till today I had no deviled egg server - lol.
While surfing for ideas I came across somebody who made Deviled Eggs out of red beet pickled eggs. That is something I may now have to try, maybe after the holidays as an experiment.

Gunna have to take a trip to the outlet mall soon. Hit up the Kitchen Collection for some...

* Sample (Tasting) spoons
tasting-spoons-9232817.jpg

* Fondue Forks
il_340x270.452089026_529i.jpg

* Sample picks
bamboo-appetizer-forks.jpg

* Crockpot warmer
lg348840.jpg

* Chef's Hat (Already got the apron)
31puqsh6gaL._SX300_.jpg

Kitchen Collection - Small Appliances, Bakeware & Kitchen Gadgets | Kitchen Collection

Back