The Things We Hide

So... a very unique combination has come about... Katy/Ashee... *gulps*
This is by - Me (shotput25ash) & Katy (KrzyKty57789) *Eh, props to me for typing that right!*
Rated - PG-13, slightly R for...hah its part Katy - whatd you expect?
Disclaimer - We dont own a thing *whines*

So...without anything more (I think I got it all)

The Things We Hide

Chapter One-

Sydney tapped her fingers on the steering wheel, a nervous habit of hers slowly making its presence known once more. She let her eyes wander to the rear view mirror as she watched Nadia feed the baby her bottle.

“I still can’t believe Mum’s actually letting us ride down here together with Hailey, that must have taken all her self-will.” Nadia smiled up at her sister.

“That’s only because their car was full.” Sydney replied rolling her eyes. “You know Mum never lets Hailey out of her sight.”

“Oh, I know.” Nadia laughed.

“Besides, I’m still getting over the shock of Dad letting me drive his car. I wonder what Mum did to convince him.” Sydney said as she began to flip through the radio stations. “You know, just for moving us out to Hicksville I should program rock stations in here.”

“He’d kill you…” Nadia laughed as she looked out the window. “It’s not going to be that bad anyway, right?”

Finally, after having followed their parents from New York City, to Trenton New Jersey, they arrived in a small neighborhood with houses that looked practically identical to one another. The front yards were right out of a Home Living magazine, and quite frankly it made Nadia want to puke.

“We can not live here.” She complained to her parents.

Jack only shot her a death glare, and watched as his wife picked Hailey up out of the car. “We are living here.” He told them both firmly, only to receive Nadia’s eyes rolling the opposite direction.

“Tell me why again?” Sydney smiled sweetly, yet her voice was full of sarcasm. “Because, there has got to be a perfectly good reason to uproot your whole family and move them to the middle of no where at the start of your daughter’s senior year.” She shot both her parents a look before storming into the house.

Both Irina and Jack stared at their daughter. “Eh, don’t look at me.” Irina sighed heavily and watched as yet another one of their children became frustrated with the situation.

“You sure this is a good idea?” she asked her husband quietly.

“It’s better then the hell we were in back there.” He replied with his tone flat. “Besides, what other choice did we have?”

“Jack, we could have…”

“Don’t.” he cut her off simply.

“I know.” Irina sighed again. “We should get inside before the baby gets burnt.” She placed a kiss on the top of Hailey’s head, and inside they went.

~*~

“I’m going to go for a run.” Sydney informed her family as she came jolting down the stairs later that evening. “Maybe I can find something interesting around here.”

“Want company?” Nadia asked her, silently begging for an excuse to leave the presence of her parents.

“You promised you’d help with Hailey tonight.” Irina told her simply.

“Mum, come on. A run?” Nadia narrowed her eyes. “What harms it going to do?”

“Fine, go.” Jack told them both. “But your mother and I have to meet someone tomorrow morning, so you’re watching her, understood?” He asked his daughter, well, more of told her.

“Yea, whatever, fine.” Nadia replied as she rushed out the door, Sydney on her heels.

The sisters began their run at a slow pace, but it began to pick up speed a little as they neared the end of the road. After being in silence for a few minutes, Sydney finally spoke up.

“Stop being so cruel to them.” She told her little sister plainly. “They’re just doing what they thinks best.”

“Sure.” Nadia replied with her voice flat, as she began breathing heavily. “I just want to go home.”

“Why? So you can screw up again?” Sydney asked her, coming to a dead halt.

“They didn’t give a felgercarb about what I did!” Nadia argued. “They were too wrapped up in their straight A student.” She grumbled.

“No, no, no, no. You can not blame this on me!” Sydney told her firmly. “Now why don’t you go home and apologize to them. I’m sure they could use a little reassurance that hopes not completely lost.”

“Hope never was lost, thank you.” She replied sarcastically.

“Oh, sure. Never, once… yep. Not any of the times when you snuck out, or when you didn’t even come home!” The anger in her voice could be clearly shown. “So, moving out here wasn’t for your best interest. They thought about me the whole time then, that’s it. They didn’t want you to turn out all right, they were just worried about their perfect daughter!”

“Yea, you’re perfect.” Nadia snickered.

“Don’t bring that up.” Sydney warned her.

“Why not?” She asked stubbornly.

“Because it’s not important!” Sydney screamed.

“Ugh, sometimes you can be the most annoying person I’ve ever met!” Nadia shouted as she ran off in the other direction.

“That’s because you know I’m right.” Sydney muttered as she kept on the other way.

Sydney continued with her scan of the neighborhood and finally decided to head home. It was getting reasonably cooler out, and she was simply in a tank top. Not to mention, the sun that was shining brightly earlier was starting to sink on the horizon.

When she was only a few houses down from her own, she spotted someone standing in the front yard of the house next to hers. A very shirtless male someone, to be exact. Sydney laughed slightly to herself, but kept on going, only to be stopped by water being squirted from a hose right before her next step.

“Oh, God, I’m so sorry.” The mystery man apologized, walking towards her.

“It’s alright, but I’d prefer not to get soaked before dinner.” She smiled at him, and looked at the hose suspiciously.

“I was watering Mrs. Walker’s flowers, but Jenny came out and started talking to me. I didn’t even see you…” He tried explaining. “I’m Michael by the way.”

“Sydney.” She nodded, “But, I really need to get back before my parents send out a search party.”

“Alright, well, I’ll see you around then.” Michael smiled one last time before Sydney ran up her front steps, disappearing behind closed doors. “Hmm.” He sighed to himself.

“You like her.” Jenny poked her big brothers side playfully. “You like her.” She giggled.

“I just met her.” Michael argued back.

She just raised her eyebrow. “Your point?”

“I just met her, I cant like her.” He explained.

“You think she’s hot.” Jenny laughed at him.

“Oh, scram.” He held the hose warningly in front of his little sister.

“You wouldn’t dare.” She narrowed her eyes at him.

Michael grinned and aimed the hose at her, squirting her with water, and chasing her across the yard as Sydney laughed from behind the safety of her window.

That be it... :smiley:
-Ash & Katy

first...but second?!?!
awww... I LOVE it so far!!
I cannot wait to read more.
Although I hate how Nadia & Syd are bickering but hey..they're sisters its what sisters do. :lol:
thanks so much for the pm & can you continue pm'ing me!!!
Thanks!

Michael without a shirt.hmmm..
NICE visual.
*starts drooling*

-kait

:Ph34r:

A very shirtless male someone, to be exact. Sydney laughed slightly to herself, but kept on going, only to be stopped by water being squirted from a hose right before her next step.

“Oh, God, I’m so sorry.” The mystery man apologized, walking towards her.

“It’s alright, but I’d prefer not to get soaked before dinner.” She smiled at him, and looked at the hose suspiciously.

“I was watering Mrs. Walker’s flowers, but Jenny came out and started talking to me. I didn’t even see you…” He tried explaining.
very nice first encounter ;) ^_^ (y)

Michael grinned and aimed the hose at her, squirting her with water, and chasing her across the yard as Sydney laughed from behind the safety of her window.
cute! :love:

i think this is going to be good. and since you guys are writing it, they're going to get together pretty quickly.... :D

HEE! LAUR LOVES IT!!

I think Nadia ran away (y) *giggles*

Now... how are Syd and Vaughn gonna meet up again?

:Ponder:

:angelic:

*bounce*

Need more! Please PM me when you update, Ash!

Lauren

That was great ... hehe poor Syd and Nadia small town living ... oh and Hailey is there sister ??? ... awww Vaughn is soo cute ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

I really like this fic!! A shirtless Vaughn......🤤 Very nice visual! And yes Vaughn!! You do like her!!! You know you do! Jenny is right!!

Can I be added to the PM list??? Thanks a bunch! ~Karen

Back