The Things We Hide

Here it is.. the end for real. :( PMs will be out eventually.

This has been a fun ride.

And I hope you all enjoy the end. :hug:

[Epilogue]

“Sweetie, sit still,” Sydney whispered into her two year old daughter’s ear. She heard Michael chuckle quietly to himself in his seat beside her.

Madison continued to wiggle, her dark brown hair flailing in her mother’s face. “Madison Nicole,” Sydney said firmly, causing Madison to stop in her mother’s lap.

Michael shook his head, placing a hand on Sydney’s knee. “Chill, this is a good day. Your little sister is getting married. Just go with the flow of things.”

Sydney looked at him in disbelief. “Oh yeah,” Sydney rolled her eyes at her husband.

The small family was silenced from glares from both Jack and Irina. Eric couldn’t help but laugh from his position at the alter where he stood alone. He was certainly marrying into an interesting family, to say the least.

The whole church hushed as Hailey began to march down the aisle, throwing clumps of flowers happily.

Once Hailey was safely at the end of the aisle, the wedding march began and the audience in the church stood at once.

The back door opened and Nadia stood in a brilliant white dress. She slowly began to march down the aisle, a smile that could light up the whole room.

She reached the alter and took Eric’s hand, smiling over her shoulder at their daughter.

It was just the three of them standing there as a family.

Nadia and Eric decided that they didn’t want a wedding party, they just wanted it to be the two of them and Hailey as the flower girl.

The minister cleared his throat and began. Just a few minutes and a pair of repeated vows later, Eric and Nadia were pronounced husband and wife.

They kissed for the first time as husband and wife, then pulled Hailey into a three-way bear hug.

Madison giggled as she watched her aunt, uncle, and cousin at the front of the church.

It had taken a lot to get to this point in their lives. They dealt with pretending Hailey wasn’t Nadia’s daughter, then lying to everyone. Then Sydney and Michael’s relationship - their young marriage, having a baby at nineteen, school and stress. Jack and Irina also had to deal with having their youngest daughter being married at twenty, but the older couple was happy as long as their daughters were happy - and Sydney and Nadia clearly were happy.

Jack and Irina watched on as both son-in-laws danced with their granddaughters at the reception.

The bride and her sister were smiling happily as they giggled and watched their husbands.

Sydney walked towards Michael and kissed him softly, before the couple and their daughter began to dance to the slow song coming from the speakers.

Nadia walked over to her father, “Daddy, may I have this dance?” she asked, throwing her head back and laughing.

Jack smiled and laughed, standing up and moving to the dance floor to dance with his youngest.

Irina watched on, then ‘umphed’ when her youngest granddaughter came running over and plopped in her lap.

She looked up to see Sydney and Michael with their arms around each other, dancing cheek-to-cheek.

Madison giggled in her grandmother’s lap, playing with the gold chain that rested against Irina’s chest. “Mommy and Daddy...” she giggled, pointing at her smiling parents.

“Big sissy!” she continued, giggling again.

That caught Irina’s attention, and her eyes snapped down to her granddaughter’s, hoping to get more information, “What, Sweetie? Why’d you say ‘big sissy’?”

“Me big sissy!” Madison rolled her eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Irina frowned seeing that she had inherited that habit from her mother already, but her frown immediately perked upwards when she realized what Madison was saying. She was going to be a grandmother again.

Irina had hoped Sydney and Michael would at least wait a few more months until they had graduated college before trying for another baby, but she was still thrilled for the couple.

A moment later Sydney and Michael walked over, hand-in-hand, matching dimpled smiles on their faces.

Irina smirked, “So Maddy was just telling me that she was going to be a big sister. Would you like to tell me something?”

Sydney blushed slightly, while Michael picked up his daughter from her grandma’s lap. “You were supposed to keep that a secret, silly goose,” he teasingly reprimanded, playfully resting his forehead against hers.

Irina just raised an eyebrow, waiting for a response.

Sydney grabbed Michael’s hand once more, “Well, we just found out a couple weeks ago, and we were going to wait until after Nadia’s wedding so we didn’t steal her thunder or anything.”

Irina grinned, “Well, your secret is safe with me.”

“Thanks Mom,” Sydney grinned too, leaning down to hug her mom.

Their moment was interrupted by the clanging of a knife against a glass, signaling a toast. They all looked up to see Eric with his arm around Nadia’s waist and Hailey in his lap.

Eric began, “I just wanted to thank everyone for coming. The last three years haven’t been easy as a lot of you know. Handling a kid and starting college is not a good mix, but we made it and our family is stronger than ever now.” Eric paused, “Okay, before I get too sappy, I’m going to stop... Enjoy the food and the open bar! Thanks again for coming. We love you all!” Eric exclaimed before turning off the microphone and setting it back on its stand.

“They’re so happy.” Irina grinned.

Sydney agreed, “They are.”

“I think they’re as happy as we are,” Michael smiled, leaning across his chair to kiss his wife softly. When they were done, he nuzzled her nose and rested his forehead against hers.

“Not quite,” Sydney grinned, kissing his lips sweetly once more.

Madison giggled from her spot in Michael’s lap, “Ewwww.. kissing icky.”

Michael and Sydney chuckled. Sydney reached over and tickled her side playfully, “I hope you still say that in twenty years.”

“And I really hope she’s nothing like her mother in fifteen years,” he teased, “Or else we’ll have a big problem on our hands.”

Sydney gasped indignantly and swatted his shoulder.

Irina laughed at the couple, before looking up to see her Nadia and Eric, and Jack and Hailey dancing - all with smiles on their faces.

This was the life Irina had dreamed about for her family; after a rough beginning she couldn’t have been happier that things turned out wonderful in the end.

^_^

Michael and Sydney chuckled. Sydney reached over and tickled her side playfully, “I hope you still say that in twenty years.”
i can totally imagine michael owning a shotgun and showing it to madison's future boyfriends.

sure... go ahead and end this ONE day after the last alias finale, ever. sure. you do that. well, obviously, you did do that.

i liked the ending. [there! that's all you're going to get. no more crazy vaughn-man stories, not even for old time's sake, okay?

okay. that's cool. thank you and have a good day.]

:D

Aw, cutest ending ever.

I am so happy for all of them.

Nadia and Eric totally deserved their perfect life, and so did Sydney and Vaughn. God knows they had a hard time getting there. :D

This was one of the first fics that I found here at AA, and it's so sad to see it ending. :( But it was a perfect ending, so that's good... but still sad.

~Anja

Awwww!!! :love:
-I loved it!! I'm glad it ended with Nadia and Eric getting married and Syd and Vaughn having another baby!!!
I knew it would all work out in the end!!! :angelic:
-Great update!! LOVED IT!!!!

You did great. Perfect ending :D
Everything turn out right, everyone is alive (have some doubts about Michael-Jack you're going -yo-be-a-grandpa-again talk) and there will be one person more :D
So really doog ending. Pity it's over now (n)

Aww... that's such a sweet ending. :love: Everyone ends up happy. :D

Thanks for a wonderful story and keeping us entertained and guessing with the plot of this story. :smiley:

Back