The things you do . . .

Azhria Lilu

Captain
Walkers have been promoting their crisps for the past few months - one of the flavours they've been promoting is Pickled Onion. When I was a kid, this was my ultimate favourite flavour and I haven't seen them for years so thought they'd stopped making them. Of course, because I was seeing adverts for them everyone, I just had to have a packet!

Could I find anywhere in the Midlands that sells them? Could I hell! Supposedly Asda was supposed to stock them, I rang up three stores in the area and was told they didn't have that particular flavour. I heard a rumour that Home Bargains had them, so gave them a call only to be told no. I even asked the owner of the local shop if he could get me some - he said his wholesaler didn't have them :(

I don't know about anyone else, but once I get it into my head that there's a particular flavour of something/food I have to have.. I just can't settle until I've had it... I contacted Walkers and they insisted that Asda should sell them, when I told them of my conversation they seemed baffled and said they'd look into it.... Queue mild excitement, maybe I'd get those crisps afterall!

But no, nothing came of that..

Eventually I found them... on Ebay! Now, I like buying stuff from ebay but not food :D So I continued in my quest - and of all the places I could find them.. there they were... on the one store I spend half my life on, but hadn't considered. . . Amazon!

So, this morning a delivery came.. in a huge box... with another box inside it... packed with 48 packets of Pickled Onion Crisps.....

View attachment 24582

And now I find myself clock watching.... because right now it's far too early to be eating crisps :D

How far have you gone to fulfil an obsession?

Attachments

• pickled-onion.png
    pickled-onion.png
    664.8 KB · Views: 89
All that work for salted, baked, bread?

I've gone very far to try and fulfill an obsession, but I never seem to get the results I'm looking for.

Back