Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was okay

• It wasn't that good

• It was terrible!

• Total voters
J.J was talking about how he hated the third season, but i thought it was very good. It had all that suspense with Lauren, and even though it wasn't the best I liked it.

well i guess he's looking back and realizing all the mistakes he made with it last year... but hey every show will have a bad season. personally i thought it was still great, maybe not the best, but still very awesome. i loved hating lauren :D

As I said in other post I think JJ made a season completely different from the others. I can't say it was not a good one as I enjoyed it, but when I first saw it I felt really bad about the Lauren & Vaughn relationship (I've just assumed it) and about the NSC Director (too disgusting to myself)

That's the reason why I said S3 was OK but ... i'm starting to be sorry for not saying it was Good. Alias deserves this qualification and more :P

I voted 'it wasn't that good'. All in all I wasn't too impressed with it. I still couldn't wait for a new episode, and I bought the boxed set (but that's just because I love Alias).

I just felt everything was soo disjointed last season. I hated the Vaughn/Lauren fiasco, because it was very out of character for him, and I didn't like the way Vaughn was portrayed. I also didn't like how whiny they made Syd. It was understandable at first...but good grief, her crying almost every episode got really old.

I also think that I look at season 3 differently now that I've seen almost all of season 4. Season 4 has been quite good (in my opinion) and I've really enjoyed most of the episodes. Because of that, it makes season 3 look that much worse.

It was okay. The story wasn't as continuous as the first two seasons. There weren't as many cliffhangers, which is what I think makes Alias great.

I thought it was good, but not the best. I just happened to think the whole plot line with Syd missing for 2 years and how season 3 explained it was clever.

At the time I didn't really like it, but now I look back on it, it wasn't that bad.
I actually quite enjoyed it in the end.
I mean some of it was really bad but other bits of it were good too.

I very much loved to hate Lauren too!

Julesters said:
well i guess he's looking back and realizing all the mistakes he made with it last year... but hey every show will have a bad season. personally i thought it was still great, maybe not the best, but still very awesome. i loved hating lauren :D
[post="1339340"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

What article are you referring to? I'd be interested in reading his comments.

But I can see why he in particular would feel that way because I don't think his plans worked out the way he wanted, the main new character (Lauren) never solidified, continuing characters were bent out of shape, some major plots stalled while others spun out of control and threads had to be tied together in haphazard and unconvincing ways, and they were left with a mass of messy details that pointed in uninteresting and/or difficult directions.

I said it wasn't that good. You have to look for and concentrate on the good moments.

Jamison said:
I also think that I look at season 3 differently now that I've seen almost all of season 4.  Season 4 has been quite good (in my opinion) and I've really enjoyed most of the episodes.  Because of that, it makes season 3 look that much worse.
[post="1339940"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I actually feel the opposite way. I was so upset with season 3 not so much because of the premise but because of the way it was handled. Vaughn and Lauren's relationship really should have been handled differently, for start, to make it seem more real (both the original love they felt and the falling apart) instead of just feeling like way to foil Syd and Vaughn. And they really struggled to redefine the premise of Alias, since they had done away with SD-6 (the primary premise of S1&2) and since they couldn't get Lena Olin back.

But as I've watched season 4 and returned to clips of season 3, I think that season 3 is definitely improving in hindsight. For shippers there were some great S/V moments, and there had to be some kind of transition from the SD-6 centered world of seasons 1 & 2 to the new APO world of season 4. Season 3 didn't manage the transition gracefully, but it did do it.

Andy said:
I thought it was good, but not the best. I just happened to think the whole plot line with Syd missing for 2 years and how season 3 explained it was clever.
[post="1340317"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ugg, this was the part that I thought sucked the most. Everyone's got the right to their opinion though. I just thought that Syd should have pieced it together clue by clue, w/ a major breakthrough just filling in the gaps of what she'd already figured out, instead of Kendall just showing up mid-season and saying 'here ya go, this is the answer'. And it wasn't even that good of an answer . . . I mean really, what purpose did Syd's disappearance serve the story arc besides separating her and Vaughn? And what purpose did the source of the separation - Lauren - serve the overall story arc at all? It was like this big pointless sidetrack.

It *could* have been good, they *could* have done some good things with Lauren, but they didn't.

Alias_rocks_87 said:
At the time I didn't really like it, but now I look back on it, it wasn't that bad.
I actually quite enjoyed it in the end.
I mean some of it was really bad but other bits of it were good too.
[post="1341753"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ditto.

gypsy_silk said:
Ugg, this was the part that I thought sucked the most.  Everyone's got the right to their opinion though.  I just thought that Syd should have pieced it together clue by clue, w/ a major breakthrough just filling in the gaps of what she'd already figured out, instead of Kendall just showing up mid-season and saying 'here ya go, this is the answer'.
[post="1343245"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree, that would have been a little cooler but I personally thought it was fitting without being too confusing or tiresome. I also thought Lauren's part was implemented quite well with the whole throwback to what happened to Jack with Irina.

I really enjoyed all of Season 3. I can understand the problems that people had with it when I read them, but I never saw them as problems personally. I took every episode as it came and enjoyed every minuted of them all.

I loved Season 3! Lauren is probably always going to be my all time favorite character! She was so evil and awesome. I hope that she some how comes back. Her and Irina working together would be great.

gypsy_silk said:
Ugg, this was the part that I thought sucked the most.  Everyone's got the right to their opinion though.  I just thought that Syd should have pieced it together clue by clue, w/ a major breakthrough just filling in the gaps of what she'd already figured out, instead of Kendall just showing up mid-season and saying 'here ya go, this is the answer'.  And it wasn't even that good of an answer . . .
[post="1343245"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I was surprised that so many people loved this episode so much and ranked it so highly among season 3 eps. But I guess they were so relieved to have any answer after so long and so much frustration that they were too happy to notice that Sydney didn't find it herself and it was kinda undramatic. Surely they could find some creative way around that problem . . .

I really liked S3 and im happy i bought it although any1 who saw it, told me not 2!
I even liked parts of it more than S2!

Back