Sci-Fi The Tomorrow People

In the states, on the early Nickelodeon channel (around 1980 I think), there used to be a weird sci-fi type of show called "The Tomorrow People".

I thought it was a great show for a kid, but of course now, I consider it pretty cheesy.

Cool opening track though, in my opinion.

I don't supposed if anybody knows if these episodes are available anywhere but youtube?

Dave, if you watched it on Nickelodeon in the early '80s then it was reruns of the original '70s British show that you were watching. In the early '90s another version of it was produced by the original series creator Roger Price with the same premise but with different actors and some changed story elements.

I don't think I ever saw it, either version. In the '70s & '80s we did not have cable TV so my program watching as a kid was limited to broadcast TV. That mean a lot of PBS imported shows like Doctor Who, Blake's 7, and UFO, but I don't recall the Tomorrow People at all.

I loved this show. growing up in Canada, YTV use to play a lot of great shows from the UK (Young ones, Bottom, Tomorrow People, Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, ECT,) and then when they got more popular it was mainly at at night. My early teenage years were getting home before midnight to watch these.
Great show and i really miss it, never got into the remakes.

I used to love this program, it was one of the must watch programs I had as a kid. along with Doctor who, Grange hill etc :smiley:

I must admit watching it now it does seem very cheesy, but then with the level of effects and CGI around these days alot of the older shows do seem a little lame, but in their day they were fantastic

They're remaking it (again) starring Stephen Amell's (Star of Arrow) cousin in one of the lead roles.

Revenge alum Robbie Amell, cousin of Arrow‘s Stephen Amell, has landed one of the lead roles in The Tomorrow People, the CW drama pilot from Arrow boss Berlanti andVampire Diaries EP Julie Plec.

The superhero drama, adapted from the 1970s UK series, follows several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution. Each of them posses special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with each other telepathically. Together, they fight evil.

Amell will play a character (coincidentally) named Stephen, a tormented young man who longs to be normal and is relieved when he learns that he’s not crazy, but rather part of a group of genetically superior Tomorrow People.
Pilot Scoop: Revenge Actor Robbie Amell Is One of The CW's Tomorrow People

What do you all think of this series? I think it is improving as it plays out - more plots and sub-plots but the basic concept of a sudden jump in evolution producing a human with enhanced powers such as teleportation and clairvoyance {able to read minds} is a classic sci-fi concept and they do it well in the series.

Back