The Tomorrow Series

Bubbles

Those piercing baby blues
They're by John Marsden and yes, he's an Australian author but these books are internationally recognised

Here are the titles:

#1 - Tomorrow, When the War Began
#2 - The Dead of the Night
#3 - The Third Day, The Frost
#4 - Darkness, Be My Friend
#5 - Burning for Revenge
#6 - The Night is for Hunting
#7 - The Other Side of Dawn

And in the Ellie Chronicles:

#1 - While I Live

So just wondering... has anyone read them? Did you like them? I think they're really good, and I'm in the middle of reading the series for the second time :blush2:

If you haven't read them, I highly recommend them to you!

i juts finished Darkness, be my friend- i rent them out from the library and they don't have number 5 and 6 but they have 7! i'm going insane because they don't have anything on John Marsden at the bookstores, so i can't even buy it!

it's sooo maddign because i love this series :D it's awesome!

I remember the huge fuss about them when the series began in about 1992. I have read most of them, and had to go and re-read them a few months ago for a Children's Literature course. They are fantastic books, but I think John Marsden should have stopped after about the fourth book. The quality slipped a bit after that, and I don't like that after we invested so much time feeling into the characters' stories that he changed them so dramatically by the end.

But it's a great series - very Australian.

secret_agent_angel said:
i've read them all and i LOVE THEM :love:
do u know if there going to be another book in the ellie chronicles???
[post="1481685"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
^ I've actually asked John Marsden this when he came to our school and his response was to laugh, and a "We'll see"

Natalia said:
I remember the huge fuss about them when the series began in about 1992. I have read most of them, and had to go and re-read them a few months ago for a Children's Literature course. They are fantastic books, but I think John Marsden should have stopped after about the fourth book. The quality slipped a bit after that, and I don't like that after we invested so much time feeling into the characters' stories that he changed them so dramatically by the end.

But it's a great series - very  Australian.
[post="1481696"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
^ That's a valid point and I agree with it... but nevertheless, they still do make some excellent reading

[quote name='Vaughn's Baby Girl' date='Sep 7 2005, 05:51 AM']is the ellie chronicles supposed to be after the war has ended? :confused:
[post="1482178"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]
Yes, it's set almost immediately after the war ends, and some serious incidents happen that affect Ellie's life forever

Bubbles said:
^ That's a valid point and I agree with it... but nevertheless, they still do make some excellent reading
[post="1482854"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I still love the series. I just would have preferred for it to end when it was at its best.

And anything that gets young people reading is good. So many bookshops are closing down because nobody reads anymore.....

I know the changes were realistic. But it was just such a letdown. It was so exciting when I started the series, but in - I think it was 1997, when the fourth book came out, I felt let down. It never was quite as good after that.

Or maybe I just grew out of the books.

I love this series! And i agree with nat, the first half of the books were my favourite, but i still love them. I actually really love the 3rd one.. i remember that, but i havent read them in so long what i forget what happens specifically in the other ones. What was the one with the horses??

I reckon the best scene written was the train scene :thud: I was like literally holding my breath during that one

i've read them all and i love them!!! they're my favorite series ever! seriously. my favorite series EVER. i think they're so incredibly good. i read them all in swedish when my swedish teacher introduced me to the series, and then i fell in love with them so i bought them all in english and now i'm reading them all in english, working on a killing frost at the moment. and they're so incredible, oh my god.
and then i bought "while i live" in swedish because they didn't have it in english but i haven't read it yet because i wanna read the whole series again before i read it. =)
but they're amazing, they really are. i can't pick a favorite. at least not yet. =)

Back