The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

Jinnie

Chronic Lurker
I have loved Conan for years. He hasn't quite gotten his groove back, but it's interesting to watch him develop every night. Dave is so skeevy and has been a real jerk to Conan ever since the switch. I'm rooting for you, Irish!

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertain...onan-OBrien-Injured-During-Show-61613957.html
Conan O'Brien Injured During "Tonight" Taping
- O'Brien hits his head during show, is treated at hospital
By CAITLIN MILLAT
Updated 5:23 AM EDT, Sat, Sep 26, 2009

Conan O'Brien was hit on the head during the taping of his NBC show Friday evening, prompting the network to air a rerun of the show rather than the episode that was planned to air that night.

O'Brien was hit in the head during a stunt while taping the show, a rep from NBC told TMZ Friday.

"Tonight, NBC will broadcast a repeat of 'The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien.' Conan hit his head doing a stunt and and the show was not finished," the rep said.

O'Brien also issued a statement through NBC saying that he was taking the incident lightly.

"Last thing I remember was enjoying the play with Mrs. Lincoln, and the next thing I knew I was in bed being served cookies in juice," O'Brien's statement read.

O'Brien was examined Friday at a hospital. NBC declined to comment on his condition.

The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien - Conan's final show

Conan had a few barbs for NBC, but he said that he intended his show to be a celebration. He thanked Announcer/Sidekick Andy Richter by saying he would be Andy's sidekick next week.

First guest was Tom Hanks. But due to his commitment to the Haiti Earthquake Relief Telethon, he had his interview prerecorded. It only became evident after then end of his interview when we go a camera shot of the audience, the seats nearly empty except for studio staff and crew.

'The Office' star Steve Carrell did a sketch as an NBC representative who was doing a survey of NBC employee Job Satisfaction with Conan. The actor asked Conan if he would work for NBC again and whether his experience was positive, very positive or extremely positive. Conan said it was just positive and as for whether he would return to NBC, he responded that he "couldn't answer right now."

Neil Young performed the appropriately titled "Long May You Run". Wow, that was a magical moment and a heartfelt sentiment. The internet is full of positive comments and tears.

Conan's final remarks was thanking to NBC for hiring him and giving him the chance to host the Tonight Show.

He told the audience not to be cynical over his end; he hates cynicism. He said that he is proud of everything he did at NBC.

The final was Will Ferrell performing as a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute performer singing 'Freebird' with Conan playing Rhythm guitar. ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons was in the band, as was Beck. Ferrell's wife Viveca Paulin played "His lady friend, Dawn".

As the Freebird jam portion approached, Ferrell brought out a cowbell to play as a nod to the Saturday Night Live sketch "More Cowbell!" Conan is enjoying playing some of the lead parts. Conan is free of NBC.

A good way to go out with his head held high. Bravo Conan.