The Traveler

Rainbow

Cadet
Anybody reading this book? Picked it up b/c I heard that the author wanted to remain uknown since he "lives off the grid." It's actually what the book is about too - a group of travelers that escape having social security numbers, drivers licenses, surveillance cameras, etc. Kind of a cool concept. I wonder if there are people out there that really do live like this and why?

Anybody reading this book? Picked it up b/c I heard that the author wanted to remain uknown since he "lives off the grid." It's actually what the book is about too - a group of travelers that escape having social security numbers, drivers licenses, surveillance cameras, etc. Kind of a cool concept. I wonder if there are people out there that really do live like this and why?

Yeah, I'm in the process of listening to the book right now. Gotta love audible. So far so good. It's supposed to be a part of a 3 book trilogy. I like it.

Yeah, I'm in the process of listening to the book right now. Gotta love audible. So far so good. It's supposed to be a part of a 3 book trilogy. I like it.

Oh it's on tape? Or your cell phone. That's really cool. How are the voices of the travelers? I heard they might be making a movie out of this too. I'm curious to see who they would cast.

Oh it's on tape? Or your cell phone. That's really cool. How are the voices of the travelers? I heard they might be making a movie out of this too. I'm curious to see who they would cast.

iTunes has a partnership with Audible, which provides ebooks.

Oh i see. I need to get into that. I first need to start purchasing Itunes. Well how was the book on Audible. Do you think it's more compelling hearing the voices rather than reading the book?

Oh i see. I need to get into that. I first need to start purchasing Itunes. Well how was the book on Audible. Do you think it's more compelling hearing the voices rather than reading the book?

That's a personal taste. A lot of people prefer to sitdown and read. Me, I prefer to listen, because reading takes too much time and my head hurts if I stare at a book for too long. And having to turn the pages and hold the book, and all that nonsense, and the fact that you can't do anything else while you are reading it, that's just not for me. I"m usually too busy, and when I do have time, I prefer to spend it going out with friends. But I also enjoy getting into different books, I just don't wanna spend the time reading it. So I buy audio books so that I can sit at work and listen while I write code, or on my way back from work, sitting in traffic and all that.

And of course you know ,if a book sucks, it's not like I spent all that much effort reading it. So it's OK for a book to suck, and I'm more inclined to branch out and try different flavors. But that's just me.

Back