The Triangle -- New sci-fi mini-series in 2005

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
December will mark the premiere for a new show on the Sci Fi Channel called "The Triangle". The mini-series was given the green light earlier this week. Variety indicate that producers Dean Devlin Bryan Singer and screenwriter Rockne O'Bannon are behind the show.

It has been described as a contemporary tale involving scientists and investigators from different fields who come together to figure out the truth behind the Bermuda Triangle.

I don't know why they always have to explore the Bermuda Triangle. All they need to do is ask me, I know the secret.
Large deposits of magnatite caused by an atomic meltdown of Atlantis has created a void in the Earths magnetosphere enabling aliens to harvest our technology to be returned on the opposite side of the Earth in the past. The only reason we have no evidence is because they mistakenly transported the technology too far into the past and it was destroyed because the Earth was still a molten ball of fire.

KW802 said:
But why would aliens harvest our technology?! :P
Its part of the 1 million year hazing for admission into the Intergalactic Existence Society.
or
They're Bullies!:wettrout:

why make new series like that instead of resurrecting Psi Factor?

these show producers got to stop churning out new programs that dissapear after a few series and just stick to decent ones like Psi Factor, Now and Again and Brimstone. good stories, decent fans, then they just cut them! it is all down to marketing, they should figure out ways to sell to multiple networks and countries, instead of selling to one channel to be shown at restricted times and if that channels viewers don't watch it enough, then its not a case of "the end of the world is nigh" but the show can stay alive globally

Mr Destructo said:
why make new series like that instead of resurrecting Psi Factor?
In this case I think the success of Lost on ABC is going to mean that we'll be seeing a lot of shows in the next season or two that deal with people on islands. :(

i refused to watch that after reading the blurb on Tv Tome website. just sounded so naff.

only thing islands are good for is dropping criminals off to segregate them. more hardcore sci-fi like The Final Cut (robin williams) needs to be looked at by the producers who have finally got comfortable with sci-fi as as a money making genre

Back