The Truth Changes Everything

Sabella

Cadet
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>A/N - Ok so this is the first non-alias fic I've posted here, so yeah I'm a little nervous, in fact massively nervous, because I don't know that it's that good :nervous: :blush2: So please read and review and tell me your honest opinion cos if it's not good I won't carry it on :thinking: And obviously I don't need a disclaimer cos this is all mine :P </span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Dedication - To all my friends and family, well mostly my friends that have supported me over the years, thank you, I love you more than words can express :blush: </span>

Chapter 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A girl, about 5 foot 5 inches, with chestnut brown and greyish green eyes walked into her bedroom. She looked around, half her shelves were empty, half her wardrobe was empty, half her stuff was gone. Her face deteriorated, until her mouth hung open.
“Leigh!” She shouted at the top of her voice, puffs of steam were practically fuming from her ears.
She ran down the stairs, rational thought had been erased. She swung the door open to the lounge where she knew Leigh would be.
“Leigh?” She said in a contained voice.
The woman looked over from the TV program she was watching to the girl standing before her. She tossed her long, fake blond hair behind her shoulder and smiled, almost as if she knew what was coming.
“What happened to all my stuff?” The girl demanded, pushing her long, wavy, chestnut hair behind her ears, trying to keep calm.
“Oh that, well I got rid of your old stuff, I thought you’d want some more room for your new things” The woman explained, grinning.
“Why?!? You know that stuff is precious to me!” The girl shrieked, “What did you do it for? Out of spite?”
“Mia, me and your father took you into the house, we brought you up, we didn’t have to” The woman glared at her.
“He’s not my father and you are not my mother!” Mia answered forcefully, “And you certainly can’t think that I’m gonna let you use my adoption against me!”
“Don’t you dare talk to me like that” Leigh replied, almost hissing, “I’m more your mother than she is, she didn’t care about you at all, she gave you up as a baby for adoption, you’re bloody lucky me and John decided to let you in, let you feed off us for 15 years, let you live in this house, eat our food, use our money!”

That was the moment, the moment that Mia decided that she couldn’t and wouldn’t put up with this any longer. She had to get out, she didn’t know hoe or where, all she knew was that she had to leave and soon.

Mia lay on her bed, she remembered that day with clarity. Looking back things hadn’t changed, she still had daily fights with her ‘parents’ and she was still miserable as hell. It had all changed the day after her 13th birthday when her supposed ‘mother’ had told her she was adopted. It had been the shock of her life. She was outraged, furious not because she was adopted but because they had lied to her for 13 years about it. She had been living a lie all of her life, and that’s why she hated them. Ever since then her parents had used it against her. It was always their answer to everything. Her ‘sister’ had teased her about it and told the whole of their school. Her life was wrecked by it; there was only one thing left, her best friend, Cara. Cara had helped her through it, and Mia was very grateful for this, she was always there whenever Mia needed her.

Mia leapt out of bed and grabbed her diary. It had been three years since she found out. Three years of wanting to leave, and now she only had a couple of days till the dream came true. She picked up a piece of paper she had printed from a website, she grinned. Mia looked at it for a couple of minutes before putting it down and looking at her wages. She had enough. She had worked extremely hard at her waitressing job so that she could carry out her plan. She smiled and popped her debit card into her purse. She looked at her watch, tomorrow was the day her GCSE results came out, she knew it was the final stage. She was so happy; this was it the day she had been waiting for was nearly here. She sighed there was one bad aspect she still hadn’t told Cara, she had told Cara her plan but she hadn’t believed Mia would do it, so she had left it. Now it was actually happening, how would she react, would she try and stop her? These were all thoughts that haunted Mia. She shook her head, it was late and she decided that she could no longer worry about it. She leapt back onto her bed, pulling her duvet over her, laying her head softly on her pillow. She knew that tomorrow was the pivotal day and that she needed rest. Mia closed her eyes and cleared her mind, drifting softly to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*claps*
its realllly goood!!
put me on the pm list!!! :D
you shouldn't be nervous... this is so amazing! (y)

~steph xxx

woaw :mellow:
what a start! (y)
no kidding! :eyebrow:
poor Mia she's living in hell :(
and her 'mother' omg I just want to snap her :angry:
how can she? 🐟
So Mia's gonna run away? :thinking:
woaw it's freaky
Can I get a pm? :Please:
:jump: :smooch:

Sci :watsup:

*claps*
its realllly goood!!

you shouldn't be nervous... this is so amazing!

But I was, I was incredibly nervous -_-

woaw
what a start!
no kidding!

Yay :D

poor Mia she's living in hell

Yeah I know :console:

and her 'mother' omg I just want to snap her
how can she?

Doesn't everyone :angry: :angelic:

So Mia's gonna run away?

You'll see :P

PM list

cute_as_candy
Scialet
Vaughn's Baby Girl
rjalias
Cai

you're welcome doll! when are we getting a new chapter of swee surender?

LOL, I can never get away from it can I :rolleyes: :lol:

Hey can you PM me with a new chapter. Its really a good start.

Yeah sure, I'll add you (y)

*whispers to Steph* I think maybe she did spike it a little... Just a little ;)

BELLA-DUDEY! This is awesome! :woot: I wonder where this is gonna go!! Hehe!! *jumps up and down* You need to PM me, 'kays?

Poor Mia... Mia's character isn't based on you... Is it? :thinking: :blink:

Her adoptive parents sound meeeeeaaan <_< Well we haven't met her 'dad', but her 'mum'... Grrrrr. But at least she can leave soon! *giggles* Cos Mia's a big girl now!

*thumbs up* This rocks!! :D

Cai
x

BELLA-DUDEY! This is awesome! I wonder where this is gonna go!! Hehe!! *jumps up and down* You need to PM me, 'kays?

Thank ya, I shall sit through my classes today and try to think of some ideas for the next chapter, cos I haven't wrote any of it yet -_- I will add you to PM list :smiley:

Her adoptive parents sound meeeeeaaan Well we haven't met her 'dad', but her 'mum'... Grrrrr. But at least she can leave soon! *giggles* Cos Mia's a big girl now!

Yep they are mean :angry: But yeah Mia's 16, nearly 17 (y)

*thumbs up* This rocks!!

Thank ya Cai :hug: :blush:

xxx

This is SO good!! I love it!! :D
You shouldn't be nervous!
You MUST continue! (y)

I feel so sorry for Mia!! What her 'parents' did to her was so horrible! :(

Could I pretty please with a cherry on top get a PM?

This is SO good!! I love it!!
You shouldn't be nervous!
You MUST continue!

Could I pretty please with a cherry on top get a PM?

Sure I'll add you (y)

PM list

cute_as_candy
Scialet
Vaughn's Baby Girl
rjalias
Cai
totally4alias10

Yeah sure, and ooh I nearly finished beta-ring for you, I think I'll have it done by the end of tommorow is that ok Mary?

PM list

cute_as_candy
Scialet
Vaughn's Baby Girl
rjalias
Cai
totally4alias10
littleangel

Back