The Truth Revealed

the beginning was very good!!!!! cant wait 4 more!!! what happened 2 jack?? (would gladly accept spoilers lol)

Okay guys thanks for all the support, now here's chapter 2!!!! Enjoy and please more feedback!!!!!

Chapter 2:

Two weeks later Sydney Bristow walked into the CIA Ops building. The procedures were all too familiar. Everyone gave her looks. Everyone was stunned to see her. She felt like she was here just a few days ago, like nothing happened.

She made her way through the parade of stares to the conference room. It looked exactly the same. Come to think of it, most of the things, along with people in the building, were the same. Not much had changed over 2 years. This made her upset because it made her feel left out and scared of knowing the truth.

As she sat down in her usual chair, she heard the door open slowly. She took a deep breath, mentally preparing for what would come next: the barrage of questions to which she had no answers, the yelling and the pleading. She was not looking forward to it.

To her surprise, Vaughn walked through the door with his head looking directly at the floor. His actions were almost the exact same ones he did when he came to meet her in Hong Kong. She shuddered slightly at the thought of that night two weeks ago.

He came close to her and stood beside the desk. She didn’t look at him, she was too afraid she’d notice something she didn’t want to see. He tried to grab her attention by clearing his throat, but after a couple tries it was obvious she wasn’t going to respond.

“Um, Sydney, there’s something we need to talk about. Something personal. If you don’t mind we can….” He stopped as Kendall coming into the room interrupted him. Marshall, Carrie, Dixon and Weiss followed him. They all sit down and their eyes go immediately to Sydney, who was slouched in her chair staring at her folded hands in front of her.

Kendall started the meeting. “Alright people, we’d all like to welcome back one of our best agents, Sydney Bristow. I think I’d be speaking for all of us to say that welcome back Sydney, we all missed you.” He said as he slowly paced the room.

Sydney was surprised at his kindness, but figured it was too good to be true. She was their best agent and Kendall just wanted to use her. They just wanted to get as much info out of her and toss her to the side. While she was thinking this, Kendall was going on about how much the agency missed her. Yeah, missed me to go on missions and almost get killed. I wonder if they even made any progress on finding me or my mother or Sloane. I wonder if they even cared.

At that point, Sydney was tired of jumping to her own conclusions and feeling sorry for herself. She sat slightly up in her chair and perked up to listen to Kendall. He was going over what they were going to do with her. She caught the end. “Agent Bristow will have to undergo regression therapy to hopefully find some answers.” He then went on to describe what was going to happen after that. Sydney toned back out. She studied the room, trying to get her mind off the terrible pain she was going through.

She noticed a few new things, a new clock, and a new chair where Kendall was sitting. She continued to look around and then she noticed people. Dixon was the same. He was sitting straight up, with his hands firmly placed under his chin. He was listening with all his might. He noticed Sydney looking at him and turned and gave her a smile. This made her feel so much better.

She turned and looked at Vaughn. He was almost the exact same as Dixon. He was concentrating hard. She looked at him with hurt eyes and hoped her wouldn’t notice her. He didn’t.

He moved his hands from his lap to up on the desk, and he did something that made Sydney sick. He laced his fingers together and fiddled with his wedding ring. Sydney watched him do this for a few minutes, but she couldn’t take it anymore.

“I’m sorry, I can’t stay here, excuse me.” She said as she left out the door, leaving them all confused. Vaughn sighed. He knew it was because of him. What else would it be?

Sydney ran out of the Conference room and towards any available spot she could hide. She was having trouble finding one. She sat down at a random desk, and hoped no one would come up to her and say ‘That’s my desk, excuse me’. If that happened, she’d have to hurt them. That would not be pleasant. She was way to frustrated to take any more of this.

Back in the Conference room, Vaughn slowly stood up and started to leave to go see her. Weiss quickly stood up and put his hands out. “No, I’ll handle this. You stay here.” He said as he ran out of the room behind her. Vaughn only protested slightly, but realized he was right. Sydney probably didn’t want to talk to him right now.

Weiss ran out and looked around. After only a few seconds he noticed her slumped over a desk, sobbing her eyes out. He walked quickly toward her. She tried to wipe the tears from her eyes and cheeks so no one would notice them, but it wasn’t working.

Weiss slowed his run to walk as he reached Sydney. He pulled up a chair and sat beside her. She tried to compose herself to talk to him. “I...I couldn’t stay in there. I can’t look at him wearing that…that ring. It’s like he wears it to taunt me.” She finally got out.

“Sydney, you should talk to him. I know this is hard for you, but look at it from his view. He was a wreck. He wasn’t himself. You should have seen him.” He said, looking at the floor.

“Did…Did anyone even look for me?”

“Are you joking? Vaughn didn’t even sleep for 2 weeks. He was looking for you everyday, all day. Sydney, no one could stop him. All he wanted to do was find you. He never stopped looking for you. Never.”

This made Sydney cry even more. How could she think like that? Vaughn wouldn’t forget her that easily. She had been so blinded by the present situation to think about the past 2 years. She knew what she had to do. She had to talk to him. She wanted to find the truth about him and Alice and what happened over the last 2 years. Weiss was a good medium, but he didn’t know all that Vaughn knew.

She turned to Weiss. “Thank you so much. I don’t know what I could have done without you. But I have to talk to him.” She said with a purpose. She got up and started to walk back to the Conference room. Weiss grabbed her elbow and forced her to turn around back to him.

“Sydney, please take it easy on him. Try to understand it from his point of view.”

She nodded and smiled. She walked into the Conference room and took a very deep breath.

~~~~ Shammi, keep it going!

Author:Shammi, the eleven year old!!

Chapter 3

Sydney walked back into the debriefing room with a new
confidence.

"Is everything alright, Agent Bristow?" Kendall asked with
an arched eyebrow.

"Everything is fine, sir."

"Good. Let's continue."

Once again she didn't listen to a word that Kendall said.
Her mind was on other things. She would finally be able to
talk to Vaughn about his marriage. She knew that she would
be heart broken after their talk, but she was still anxious
to find out everything.

She looked around the room again. This time, at one
particular person:Vaughn. He actually managed to make her
sick to her stomach twice in one day. What he did enraged
her even more:he took off his wedding ring.

Almost immediately after the meeting was done, she
approached him.

"You're right. We do need to talk. Meet me at the warehouse
in 30 minutes."

It surprised her at how coldly she said it. It was like she
was talking to a prisoner.

"Are you going to be able to come?" she asked sweetly in a
desperate attempt to try to cover up all the fury inside
her. But, she failed. Her eyes gave away everything. She
didn't even blink the whole time she talked to him. And
Vaughn could have sworn her eyes had turned to a bright red
too.

"Yeah...sure."

*_*_*

Twenty minutes came and went while Sydney prepared herself
for what would come of her talk with Vaughn. She couldn't
get rid of the butterflies in her stomach as the minutes
ticked by. Finall, she got into her car and drove to the
warehouse.

While Sydney's stomach was churning, Vaughn's was doing the
exact same thing. He knew he wanted to talk to her, but he
didn't know it was going to be this hard. He got here 10
minutes earlier so he could recite everything he was going
to say out loud.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard footsteps
drawing near. He got up from the crate he was sitting on. He
got the courage to to speak first.

"Hi."

Sydney just stared at him with her arms folded tightly
across her chest. About 10 seconds later she finally spoke.

"Why did you take off your ring?"

His head faced the ground now. "I thought that it would be
difficult for you to look at it, so I took it off."

"You took off your wedding band so that poor little Syd
wouldn't feel bad? Well, you just made me feel even worse.
Vaughn, I don't need your pity."

"You're right. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry."

"How did you and Alice end up together again?" she asked all
of a sudden. She didn't even realize that her voice was
choking with emotion. And when she did, she refused to look
him in the eye.

"Uuummm...well, one day she called me. It was a year after
you went missing. I ended up telling her everything. She
helped me through the whole thing...and I love her for that.

"When we were in Hong Kong, you said that they called you
back to explain. What did they call you back from?"

He coughs slightly now. "We were at our honeymoon."

Her had is still bent down now. Her eyes were now watery,
and Vaughn noticed it.

"Look, I know this must be hard on you-" Her head shot up
now.

"Do you really know, Vaughn? Do you really know how I feel?
Do you know what it's like to have someone tell you that
you've been missing for two years of your life? Then, find
out that the person you love is married to someone else? The
love of your life. See, I thought you loved me too. But,
obviously I was wrong."

"Syd, of course I loved you! How could you even think I
didn't?
You're acting like I found myself a wife the second I found
out you disappeared! I didn't. I didn't sleep or shower for
days. I killed myself for a year. I died when Kendall
pronounced you dead. Then, finally there was some color in
my life. And aren't you acting a little hypocritical? You
got over Danny just as fast as I got over you!"

"How can you even compare that to this?! I had a body to
prove that Danny was dead! You just knew that I was missing.
You and I both know the difference between missing and dead.
And, it took me two years to start dating. It took you two
years to get married. No one mourns the death of someone
they 'love,' finds a woman, falls in love again, then gets
married all in two years!!"

By now she was crying. Tears were streaming down her face
like a river. There had been an uncomfortable silence
between them now.

Finally, she couldn't take it anymore. She wiped off all her
tears and sniffed slightly.

"I'm sorry. I have to go now."

She left Vaughn standing there with glassy eyes and a big
headache.

*_*_*

When she got into her car and looked at herself in the
mirror, she was surprised to see how puffy her eyes were.
They were bloodshot too. It almost disgusted her to see how
much control Vaughn had over her. She dabbed at her eyes
furiously so she could banish the tears falling on her face.
She couldn't stop crying because she couldn't stop thinking
of him. So, she turned on the radio to keep her mind off of
him. They put an old song on now. But, as she listened to
the lyrics, she only cried more.

(Celine Dion-To Love You More)
Take me back into the arms I love
Need me like you did before
Touch me once again
And remember when
There was no one that you wanted more

Don't go, you know you'll break my heart
She won't love you like I will
I'm the one who'll stay
When she walks away
And you know I'll be standing here still

I'll be waiting for you
Here inside my heart
I'm the one who wants to love you more
You will see I can give you
Everything you need
Let me be the one to love you more

See me as if you never knew
Hold me so you can't let go
Just believe in me
I will make you see
All the things that your heart needs to know

I'll be waiting for you
Here inside my heart
I'm the one that wants to love you more
Everything you need

And some way all the love that we had can be saved
Whatever it takes, we'll find a way

Believe in me

I will make you see
All the things that your heart needs to know

I'll be waiting for you
Here inside my heart
I'm the one who wants to love you more
Everything you need

She almost got herself into an accident because she was blinded by the tears in her eyes. Everything was blurry.

Finally, she got to Eric's apartment. Luckily, he was already there. She needed someone so she could so she could talk to them. She couldn't keep everything inside, she needed to let it all out.

"Syd, how did I know that you'd be crying by the time you got back?"

Sydney ignored his comment and sat on the couch where Eric was making room for her.

"God, it was horrible!"

"What happened?"

"Well, I didn't take it easy on him like you told me to because he just got me so mad. He took off his wedding band because he felt sorry for me. It was like some kind of pity fest, or something."

"Come here."

She took his offer and leaned into his chest where she cried on his shoulder.

"I just don't want to talk about it now." She continued to sob more and more.

"Shhh....everything's going-ok, everything's not going to be okay, but....it's just that I hate seeing you like this. Everybody does."

Hey, did you know that Marshall and Carrie are engaged?" he asked, trying as hard as he could to cheer her up. Apparently, it worked.

"Really? How come no one told me?"

"I don't know."

He could already see her brighten up because her tears subsided and she looked up with a smile on her face.

"When did Marshall propose?"

"Right before you came back."

"I wish I was there to see him do it," she said with a laugh.

"Yeah....Hey, listen Syd, I gotta go now. I'll be back in an hour or two. Okay?"

"Where are you going?"

"A date. Sorry I didn't tell you about her before. You had...other things on your mind."

"What's her name?"

"Emily Hanson."

"How long have you been dating?"

"About four months now."

"Ohhh, so you guys are serious?"

"Yeah."

"Have a great time."

"Bye."

"Oh, and Eric?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks," she said simply.

"Anytime, Syd."

She definately felt a little happier now. She knew that Eric could cheer her up.

But, then she remembered-her regression therapy started the next day. Now, she was feeling anxious.

*_*_*_*

Sydney listened to Dr. Barnett talk for what seemed to be like hours, but were actually minutes.

Then, the therapy began.

"Okay Sydney, when I count to five, tell me where you are and what's happening."

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5.....What's happening?" Dr. Barnett asked slowly.

"Oh my God....." was all that came out of Sydney's face.

I know, I'm evil! :devil: :devil: I never thought that a cliffhanger would feel so good!! Sooo, I'm gonna need reviews! REVIEWS, REVIEWS, REVIEWS!!!
Oh, and anyone like the song?? I picked it out myself!!

~Shammi~ :redhair:

That was great syd could never take it easy on him once she lost her temper! Can you PM me once you post the next chapter?
~ASH~

That's a great chapter!!!! But hey you're 11 and tease us with such evil cliffhangers??? ;) that's unfair! :D ( Don't take me serious-I'm just kidding)
But it's really an evil cliffhager so please post more soon :woot:

p.s. thanks for the PM!!!!!

Back