The Tsar Bomb (1961)

Hmm, wish I could see the pics in this post. Dead links?

Anyways, the Tsar Bomb was the subject of this flash fiction that I wrote a few years ago:

MEETING VANYA

I just finished reading Soviet Strategic Aviation in the Cold War by Yefim Gordon. In the book, Lt-Gen. A. A. Plokhov, commander of the 106th TBAD, reported this about the aircrew that dropped the Tsar Bomb and their exposure to its deadly radiation during the test:

Gunner/radio operator Pavlenko died 3 or4 months after the 1961 nuclear test. He was the leading gunner/radio operator in the division. The other crew members, too, died one by one.

Hmm, wish I could see the pics in this post. Dead links?

Anyways, the Tsar Bomb was the subject of this flash fiction that I wrote a few years ago: MEETING VANYA

I just finished reading Soviet Strategic Aviation in the Cold War by Yefim Gordon. In the book, Lt-Gen. A. A. Plokhov, commander of the 106th TBAD, reported this about the aircrew that dropped the Tsar Bomb and their exposure to its deadly radiation during the test:

Gunner/radio operator Pavlenko died 3 or4 months after the 1961 nuclear test. He was the leading gunner/radio operator in the division. The other crew members, too, died one by one.

Howdy Viktor Kuprin, I just posted this thread, sometimes it take a little while for it to work (I've noticed). However, a few people from other countries told me that they have trouble or can't recieve Youtube links. I felt awful when I heard the air crew died not long after the bomb test. You have me interested in your Tsar bomb story, I'd like to check it out.