Sci-Fi The UFO Incident (1975) Betty & Barney Hill

Tom

An Old Friend
The UFO Incident ( 1975 )
The UFO Incident: Through memory flashbacks accessed by hypnotic regression, depicts the alleged UFO abduction of Betty and Barney Hill on September 19, 1961 in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Upon returning from a trip into Canada, Betty (a social services worker in Portsmouth, New Hampshire) and Barney (a postal employee in Boston) are plagued by crippling anxiety and nightmarish visions. Turning to Dr. Benjamin Simon for help in piecing together the happenings of that night, the Hills enter into therapy and independently relate a most unearthly tale.

https://images.{...}/thumbs/21996_The_UFO_Incident_1975.jpg https://www.{...}/images/ribbon_watched.png
  • Currently 3.49/5
(37 votes)
Ratings: IMDB: 7.1/10 Metascore: N/A RT: N/A
Released:
October 20, 1975
Runtime: 92 mins
Genres: Drama History
Countries: USA
Director: Richard A Colla
Actors: Barnard Hughes Beeson Carroll Dick O'Neill Estelle Parsons James Earl Jones Joey Stefano Lou Wagner Vic Perrin

Anyone think Jame Earl Jones' job in this helped land him Star Wars?
Did he do this movie while Star Wars was being made or right before his voice performance?
"After work I stop by George Lucas' place and do some voice overs for a film he's workin on.
I voice this guy named Darth, what kinda name is Darth?"

That's the year I came to this planet.
'Proof strange things happened in 61'

Anyone think Jame Earl Jones' job in this helped land him Star Wars?
Did he do this movie while Star Wars was being made or right before his voice performance?
"After work I stop by George Lucas' place and do some voice overs for a film he's workin on.
I voice this guy named Darth, what kinda name is Darth?"

That's the year I came to this planet.
'Proof strange things happened in 61'
maxresdefault.jpg
Yeup, mmmhmm, yeup....

Although I was young I remember this incident being on TV quite a bit and it has been rehashed many times. What makes it credible to me is that back in the 60's they gave very specific coordinates for the star the aliens said they were from. At that time they checked the latest star charts but found no such star.

A decade or more later a newer telescope (radio I believe) did find a star precisely where they said, down to the arc second. There is no way this couple could have known that accurately where to find the star unless they had been told. Otherwise you have to believe them guessing the coordinates is the greatest stroke of luck in all of human history.

Although I was young I remember this incident being on TV quite a bit and it has been rehashed many times. What makes it credible to me is that back in the 60's they gave very specific coordinates for the star the aliens said they were from. At that time they checked the latest star charts but found no such star.

A decade or more later a newer telescope (radio I believe) did find a star precisely where they said, down to the arc second. There is no way this couple could have known that accurately where to find the star unless they had been told. Otherwise you have to believe them guessing the coordinates is the greatest stroke of luck in all of human history.
Yeup, I saw that on the History channel, they had a cool 57 chevy. It seemed fakey to me, but you never can tell....