Horror The Vampire Diaries

Azhria Lilu

Captain
Another new vampire series, this time based on the books by LJ Smith. In short it's about a popular high school girl who becomes involved with two brothers - unaware that both are vampires.. one good, one evil.

This premieres in the US on 10th September on CW.

Possibly something that ITV2 could pick up to run when supernatural concludes its 5th and possibly final season?

Unfortunately we don't get CW here in Aruba, but this is one show I'm interested about ... so hopefully I'll be able to catch it somehow ...

I just watched the premiere episode of The Vampire Diaries on the CW Network. It aired on Thursday, then repeated Sunday.

I saw Ian Somerhalder, who played "Boone" on Lost, as the bad older brother vampire.

From Wikipedia:
The plot revolves around Elena Gilbert, a young heroine who is the object of passion for two vampire brothers—one good, one evil—who are at war for her heart and for the souls of her friends, family and all the residents of the small town of Mystic Falls, Virginia.The series premiered on The CW Network on Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 8 p.m., filling the network's previous Smallville slot, and on Canada's CTV at 7 p.m. The show will premiere in early 2010 on ITV2 in the UK and from December 2009 on Mya in Italy. It will be paired with Supernatural as part of a horror-themed night. The show will also be screened on GO! in Australia from October 2009.

This will be a mainly a chick's show.

http://www.digitalsp...-draws-48m.html
'Vampire Diaries' premiere draws 4.8m
Sunday, September 13 2009, 4:03am EDT

By Dan French, TV Reporter

Thursday night's Vampire Diaries series opener pulled in the largest ever audience for a CW premiere, according to the latest figures.

The show, which stars Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley as warring vampire brothers, pulled in 4.84m during the 8pm hour.

Elsewhere at 8pm, Big Brother 11 took 7.62m for CBS, and reruns of ABC's Grey's Anatomy and Fox's Bones logged 3.97m and 4.28m respectively.

Reruns dominated the 9pm hour: Fox's Fringe interested 3.5m, Grey's Anatomy had 4.51m for ABC, and 7.43m watched CSI on CBS. Over on The CW, the season premiere of Supernatural logged 3.39m, down from last year's 3.96m.

Later, at 10pm, reruns of CBS's The Mentalist and ABC's Private Practice managed 8.05m and 3.46m respectively.

NBC's NFL Kickoff, which saw the Steelers take on the Titans, averaged an all-conquering 18.85m between 8.30pm and 11pm.

Has anyone watched this yet? I was wanting to give it a go, but my parents changed our TV plan. I havent looked for somewhere to watch it online yet but I've been wondering.

Does it feel like it's sailing on the "vampire hype" so to speak or is it a good series to watch?

As a chick, I'm definitely a fan. Boone ("Damon") is easily my favorite character. Yes, he's brooding and scheming a lot, but it works well. AND keeps the show interesting.

Hmm looks like that was the US showing as stupid ITV have not announced a date yet and syfy I think have won the bid for The Originals which starts on the 22nd Oct I think... so can't wait :D

Back