Drama The Village (2004)

SecretAgentMan

Caution: Beware of Male
Title: The Village

Tagline: There is no turning back

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Thriller

Director: M. Night Shyamalan

Cast: Bryce Dallas Howard, Joaquin Phoenix, Adrien Brody, William Hurt, Sigourney Weaver, Brendan Gleeson, Cherry Jones, Celia Weston, John Christopher Jones, Frank Collison, Jayne Atkinson, Judy Greer, Fran Kranz, Michael Pitt, Jesse Eisenberg, Charlie Hofheimer, Scott Sowers, Zack Wall, Pascale Renate Smith, Jordan Burt, Jane Lowe, Charlie McDermott, Robert Lenzi, Willem Zuur, Liz Stauber, Tim Moyer, Sydney Shapiro, Mia Rose Colona, Chloe Wieczkowski, Sydney Wieczkowski, M. Night Shyamalan, John Rusk, Joey Anaya, Kevin Foster

Release: 2004-07-30

Runtime: 108

Plot: When a willful young man tries to venture beyond his sequestered Pennsylvania hamlet, his actions set off a chain of chilling incidents that will alter the community forever.
The Village (2004)

Drama, Romance, Science Fiction/Fantasy and Thriller

2 hrs. 00 min.

Set in rural Pennsylvania in 1897, this is the story of the small village of Covington (population 60) surrounded by a woods inhabited by a race of "mythical creatures," and the romance that blossoms between Kitty (Greer), the daughter of the town's leader (Hurt), and Lucius (Phoenix), a young man who questions the policy of keeping Covington's citizens completely confined to the village.

Release Date: July 30th, 2004 (wide).

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for a scene of violence and frightening situations.

Distributor: Touchstone Pictures

Starring: Judy Greer, Bryce Dallas Howard, William Hurt, Joaquin Phoenix, Adrien Brody
Directed by: M. Night Shyamalan
Produced by: Sam Mercer, Scott Rudin, M. Night Shyamalan

Trailers

Reviews

I am actually gonna see it tonite with my boyfriend ... will let you know tomorrow if I liked it or not ... but I am guessing I will ... :cool:

i want to see this one alot! i love M. Night Shyamalan.. his movies are always awesome.. i think i'm going next week. it looks freaky , but really good.

I just came back from the movie. Very good. If you liked M. Night Shymalan's other films then you'll definitely enjoy this one. I don't want to say anymore to ruin the film.

SecretAgentMan said:
I just came back from the movie.  Very good.  If you liked M. Night Shymalan's other films then you'll definitely enjoy this one.  I don't want to say anymore to ruin the film.
[post="940827"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I haven't seen it yet, but a friend of mine saw it and he knows how I get when people tell me how the movie ends before I see it ... so I got so mad at him when he tells me the ending, who done it and what was happening ... and I am like ... shut your f***ing mouth ... I am gonna see the movie so, shut up ...

Now I know what's gonna happen before seeing it ...

Sorry, that sucks....it is still worth seeing. Maybe you'll catch hints and clues that you wouldn't see if you didn't know the ending.

Alias_Gay said:
I haven't seen it yet, but a friend of mine saw it and he knows how I get when people tell me how the movie ends before I see it ... so I got so mad at him when he tells me the ending, who done it and what was happening ... and I am like ... shut your f***ing  mouth ... I am gonna see the movie so, shut up ...

Now I know what's gonna happen before seeing it ...
[post="943475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

what a fool. The end was almost the best part of the movie.

Ooohh I saw this friday night. I loooove it! My mom thought I had read spoilers for it because I predicted one of the twists :lol:
Saaam nooway his twists are what makes his movies so great ^_^
Ivy was amazing! This was her first movie if Im not mistaken. Shes Ron Howards daughter right??

Vaughn_Lovah said:
Ooohh I saw this friday night. I loooove it! My mom thought I had read spoilers for it because I predicted one of the twists :lol:
Saaam nooway his twists are what makes his movies so great ^_^
Judy Greer was amazing! This was her first movie if Im not mistaken. Shes Ron Howards daughter right??
[post="944621"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah she's Ron Howards daughter. I did enjoy her acting and Adrien Brody.

Yeah his twists are what make his movies good but he needs to try something different for once!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database