Drama The Village (2004)

Alias said:
I swear I was shocked frozen when Noah stabbed Lucious, and when Ivy came in and found him and started crying...and she said "i can't see his color." OMG I started getting teary eyed! That was SO SAD!
[post="957075"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think that was the best part of the movie ... I almost cried too :(

Magnolia said:
I REALLY am in love with this movie. At first I thought that I didn't like it, but now I want to see it again :D

There are a few turns that I had NO IDEA were coming, and quite a few times that I thought I might have needed to change my underwear ;)

To me, this movie was different from M. Night's other films (that I have seen) and I was very impressed. It is beautifully shot and the acting is incredible.

I'm gonna try to go see it again in the next few days ;)
[post="948519"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree with you completly! although I loved the movie the instant the lights came back on in the theatre!

I didnt really want to go see this movie at all, because well, I just get freaked out easy by his movies. I couldnt sleep for awhile after sixth sense, didnt go see unbreakable and have only seen bits and pieces of signs, so when my friends said we are seeing the village i was like :blink:

Yes i jumped at the obvious places but I just loved everything from the score(wow anything featuring violin and minor keys wins my heart! ^_^ ) And I loved that it wasnt really that scary but more of a suspense thriller. And I just loved how everything occured. Ivys sister was hilarous while talking to Lucius! :lol: Then Ivy and him were oh so adorable. I dont know i just loved the different characters then the twist was very good because i love symbolic twists that really make you think. I loved how it was politically and socially driven. And how they thought it was okay to send her because she wouldnt be able to see keeping the village safe. Which raises a good question: was it the right move to keep going on as the village?!

everyone that i have talked to that has seen didnt really like it at all. As far as I am concerned its either you love it or hate it. I love it! :D

Alias_Gay said:
I think that was the best part of the movie ... I almost cried too  :(
[post="957095"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I did cry! And i agree it was the best part. The camera angles and the music and her holding him was just perfectly executed!

Victoria King said:
I did cry! And i agree it was the best part. The camera angles and the music and her holding him was just perfectly executed!
[post="957105"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yes, it was done brilliantly ... (y) (y)

svfan4ever said:
I saw this opening weekend...the ending was kinda um...retarded :lol:
[post="960141"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

it was said that the ending was the twist ... but it wasn't ... I mean, come on you knew Ivy would not tell a soul ... and I am sure she wouldn't even tell Lucius ... so the secret of the village would still be safe ... well, till someone else tries to kill anyone else and then that someone would wanna save him/her and go into the woods ... :thinking:

Was not a twist ... :Ph34r:

Alias_Gay said:
it was said that the ending was the twist ... but it wasn't ... I mean, come on you knew Ivy would not tell a soul ... and I am sure she wouldn't even tell Lucius ... so the secret of the village would still be safe ... well, till someone else tries to kill anyone else and then that someone would wanna save him/her and go into the woods ...  :thinking:

Was not a twist ...  :Ph34r:
[post="960340"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I was talking about the twist that they all moved from you know where to live in um...a you know...and ivy went you know where and the guy thought she was crazy...

The guy was nice to help her though :mellow:

Wow...didn't even understand myself there :lol:

Quiet Disaster said:
Now I don't know if I want to see this... Hmm...
[post="960341"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

it really wasn't worth it for me. if you really want to see it, i'd wait until it comes on video. it isn't worth the price of theatres.

I thought this movie was fabulous! It took storytelling and visual direction to whole new levels. Sure, the scripts wasn't as snappy as say, 'Signs,' but it was still overall a great movie. I think that some people don't like it because they don't wait for the plot to develop on its own. In society today, it's all about instant gratification, and few are willing to wait and learn about the characters before the action kicks in. I thought it was scary, exciting, sad, funny... I loved it! Plus, my sister's friend's sister was the lead... Bryce Dallas Howard (who was absolutely FABULOUS if you ask me ;)).

8/10 (y) (y) (y)

I saw it yesterday. It was cool and great. I really didn't think that would happen that way.

Did you see M. night Shyamalan's reflection in the guardhouse ? He is the man who's reading the newpaper !

svfan4ever said:
I was talking about the twist that they all moved from you know where to live in um...a you know...and ivy went you know where and the guy thought she was crazy...

The guy was nice to help her though :mellow:

Wow...didn't even understand myself there :lol:
[post="961707"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

OH, that one ... stop confusing me ... :blink:

OMG ... strangest things have happened ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

and Sophie ... yeah, it was him ... :cool: