The Walking Dead for OUYA game system

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Telltale game has announced that they are working on porting their successful The Walking Dead game to the OUYA android gaming system. (y)

WD_ouya.jpg

Exciting times ahead... Telltale is partnering up with the good people at OUYA to bring The Walking Dead to OUYA!

All 5 episodes in The Walking Dead: Season One AND the 400 Days DLC will be available on OUYA at the same time later this year. Even better, the whole of Episode 1 will be completely free to try! We're not planning to stop there either – Season Two of the game will be on OUYA as well.

We have an OUYA set up in the office and the team's been discovering tons of great games from developers large and small, trying out a bunch of games we wouldn't normally be able to trial. We're all thrilled to add The Walking Dead to the mix on this platform!

New to OUYA? You can find out more about the console here. [/quote]​

Maybe when I get the OUYA I'll finally play this all the way through lol
Are the OUYA systems still selling good? I know they were released with a lot of attention but they seemed to have quickly disappeared after that.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I think Julie Uhrman (CEO) stated they did better than expected. When I went to the GameStop Expo she stated in an interview that more in demand features will be coming up in the next few updates. She couldn't officially say it, but she pretty much confirmed a deal with netflix and hulu. I haven't followed Ouya as of late, but if it's not out plan on it! If this is the case it's a cheap sorta streaming device now. Sales could go up around christmas with the release of that.

I'd keep an eye on it but MadCatz is making the mojo and some big honcho at gamestop is a partner or investor in the GameStick.

I played Ouya and Gamestick. Gamestick has my vote now. The controller is convenient and solid. The Ouya looks great, but the controller is terrible *I think a recent update allows use of xbox 360 or ps3 controllers*. If you're going to make a console, be sure to put effort into a controller! The controller is an object that every gamer gets very.... "intimate" with and if the relationship is no good, they won't play.

OUYA is a little bit of a joke now that Microsoft and Sony are taking indie developers in. Julie received constant and sometimes humorous insults at the gamestop expo. She rolls with the punches really well. OUYA had great support because they kinda started the indie developer movement on a legitimate console. They failed in delivering products on time, the controller isn't the best, and indie developers weren't making much money. Not sure where money is really coming from anymore if it is.

Back