The Walking Dead Season 3 Trailer: Will Rick Step Down As Leader?

Sheldon

Dreamsmasher

The holidays have come to pass, and we can go back to drooling with anticipation for the return of ‘The Walking Dead!’ And we needn’t worry about show-runner Glen Mazzara’s upcoming departure from the series affecting the break-neck pace and action the third season has delivered, as Mazzara will stay on for the rest of the year. So while we wait until February to tell us how “The Suicide King” will play out the battle between Rick and the Governor, how would you like to see a new trailer for season 3?

The war between Woodbury and the prison experienced its first battle in ‘The Walking Dead’s mid-season finale “Made to Suffer,” and the second half of the season will only get bloodier. AMC has seen fit to release another action-packed trailer for the back half of the season, debuting in February with “The Suicide King.”

Beyond an increase in action, David Morrisey’s villainous Governor will only get more cruel following the “death” of his daughter Penny, as Robert Kirkman recently told TVLine “We haven’t seen him activated to the extent that he’s going to be activated in the back half of the season. He’s going to be much more engaged and a little bit more aware of the threat that the prison represents. He’s going to be on the warpath.”

But will Rick Grimes be up to the challenge, particularly if things go south for his second-in-command Daryl, now a Woodbury prisoner? Is it time for new leadership in the survivors, like Chad Coleman’s Tyreese? “He’s a person who’s bearing the weight of everyone’s survival on his shoulders, and I think that’s become a little bit unbearable,” says Kirkman of Rick. “He’s certainly spiraling out of control. And now he’s starting to see [dead people]. It’s definitely a real problem.”

Source: 'The Walking Dead' Season 3 Trailer: Will Rick Step Down As Leader?

Attachments

• dead.jpg
    dead.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 89
Rick has been prone to breakdowns, but I think that after loosing Lori and going crazy really there's nothing left that could faze him. As long as he's alive he's the leader of this group.

I didn't know the guy that played Glenn was leaving. ;_; Honestly though I don't see what else could cause Rick to go anymore crazy so I think he should still be leader unless maybe his baby dies and then that pushes him over finally. -shrugs-

Back