The Walking Dead: Series 2

Who's is your favourite Walking Dead character?

• Rick

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Glenn

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Shane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daryl

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Dale

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Andrea

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Lori

• Carl

• Carol

• T-Dog

• Total voters

The Master

Zombie killer
So what does everyone think of the new series? If you haven't heard of the Walking Dead, crawl out from under your rock and go online and watch it. Seriously. Also, who's your favourite character? (Dead or Alive). :P (Mine's Daryl) Everyone back off. He's mine. ALL mine :P

So what does everyone think of the new series? If you haven't heard of the Walking Dead, crawl out from under your rock and go online and watch it. Seriously. Also, who's your favourite character? (Dead or Alive). :P (Mine's Daryl) Everyone back off. He's mine. ALL mine :P

My wife and I are huge Walking Dead fans. She even bought me a few volumes of the graphic novels. (Isn't great when two nerds marry? True love!) Anyway, we've watched this show from it's inception. Sad to see Dale killed off as he was a very grandfatherly type character. Excited for the introduction of the Governor character.

Definitely true love!! Haven't read the graphic novels or comics myself, probably should. It was really sad when Dale got killed! They should've killed Andrea. Or Shane. I hate them both. But I won't go into a rant just now :smiley: So who is this Governor character?

Definitely true love!! Haven't read the graphic novels or comics myself, probably should. It was really sad when Dale got killed! They should've killed Andrea. Or Shane. I hate them both. But I won't go into a rant just now :smiley: So who is this Governor character?

Without spoiling too much of the graphic novel, The Governor is a very nasty, insane man that some of the survivors encounter when they go searching for a helicopter that crashes. (Rick, Glenn and another character, Michonne, who is not in the show yet, go looking for survivors of this helicopter crash.) So they run into this Governor character and his henchmen who have kind of made a stand in some abandoned town. The Governor has zombies chained up around a make shift arena and he forces people to fight in the in the middle of this arena, just outside the reach of the zombies. I'd rather not say anymore about it, because I don't want to spoil anything should you decide to read the graphic novels. And you should, because the story in the graphic novel and what we've seen in the TV show are quite different. It's with great certainty that the Governor character in the TV show will be just as vile as the book's version. If you dislike Shane and Andrea, wait until the Governor shows up in season 3!

This sounds great! Wow, he sounds incredibly insane... but a very interesting character to add some more drama into the series! I tried to find the graphic novels at my local comic shop, but I went in the other day and they had the individual comics and compendiums only.
Also, I was reading WD wiki, and it was hinting that Daryl and Carol may have some kind of relationship... Your thoughts on this? (Mine were: "No. Just... No.")

Yes, there is certainly is a vibe of a romance between Daryl & Carol. That dynamic might be explored more in season 3. Daryl does not seem to know how to handle positive attention from Carol. Carol is still a little emotionally stunted from the abusive relationship that she had with Ed, her jerk husband who was killed last season. All that being said, there is some potential between the two characters. Did you see last night's episode? It was crazy. Can't wait for the season finale next week.

No No NO NO! NNNOOOO!!! NOT DARYL AND CAROL!!
Grrr...
And yeah, I did see the episode! Wow it was great, loved the ending! Cannot WAIT until next week's finale!

Haha. I know you like Daryl! The good news for Daryl is that I see him becoming Rick's right hand man and I think they're moving into a new area of respect for one another. Didn't really see Shane's death coming so soon, as I thought the writers might keep him around awhile longer to continue the tension in the group, since he was mostly responsible for it. Yes, it was a great ending. Very eerie episode. The sneak peek to the season finale next Sunday makes me believe that the episode is going to be absolutely wild!! Awesome!

Haha, how did you guess...? :P I love the new respect that Daryl is getting, 'cause he really deserves it. I had been hoping Shane would die, and YAY it finally happened, but it was indeed very sudden. Yes, I agree that next week's episode will be amazing! And apparently Michonne is being introduced... Don't like the sound of her.

I hadn't heard that the show would be introducing the Michonne character in the season finale. Great job on getting that piece of info! Going back to the comic books for a moment, as there is one thing I forgot to tell you and that is regarding Daryl. His character so far does not appear in the comic boook series. (I pretty much use comic book and graphic novel as interchangable terms, as I don't know that it makes much of a difference.) I still encourage you to read them as they are very well done. Who knows? Kirkman may introduce the Daryl character into the book series since he has been so very popular. Norman Reedus, who plays Daryl, has a long line of acting credits. One of my favorite movies that he appears in is Blade II as a character named "Scud". Check it out if you haven't already seen it. :D

I will check that out, it sounds good!
And it's only a rumour that Michonne will be in the season finale, can't remember where I read it, so it may not be true. But it might well be!
I knew Daryl isn't in the graphic novel (or comic) series so far, and I'm REALLY trying to find copies of them, but NO ONE HAS THEM!!! It's incredibly frustrating. But I'll keep trying.

If you can't find a bookstore near you that carries these books in their inventory, it might be worth your while to ask them to see if they could special order the books in for you and have them delivered to the store or your house. Otherwise, if you don't mind shopping online, I suggest going through Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com to purchase the books. Do you have a favorite zombie movie or movies? If so, which ones?

I might just do that!
My favourite zombie films/TV shows include Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, Walking Dead, 28 Days/Weeks later etc. They are all amazing and sometimes hilarious!

My favorite zombie flicks include Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland and Return of the Living Dead. Last night's season finale for our awesome show, The Walking Dead, was absolutely wild! You were right about Michonne showing up; again I give you credit for getting great information about that. I thought Hershel would get killed, you know just overrun by zombies, but good old Rick was there to save Hershel's bacon once again. There was a very cool scene featuring Daryl. When he's riding his chopper through a slew of zombies in the wooded area! Do you ever get a chance to watch Talking Dead? If so, what are your thoughts on it, Master?

Yeah, the season finale was truly epic! I thought Hershel would be killed as well, but good on Rick for saving him.
Apparently the Governor will be showing up in season 3, as well as Merle returning. Looking forward to that! I never watch the Talking Dead, and probably never will. I don't usually watch behind the scenes of films/TV shows because it kind of ruins the 'magic' for me. Call me childish, but... :D

No, you're not childish! That's the great thing about a forum like this one. I can enjoy a conversation with a fun and intelligent person, such as yourself, but we still don't have to agree on everything. In fact, it would be incredibly boring if we did. Like most people, I only have time to watch a handful of tv shows, so I figured that Talking Dead would be just a natural component to The Walking Dead. Yes, I also think Merle will be back in season 3. My bet is that he may have joined the Governor's group. The possibility of Merle joining forces with Governor would be one way for the writers to work him back into the show for next season. Well, it's early morning and the time has arrived for me to shuffle off to exercise and then to work just like a zombie.

Well, thank you very much! Yeah, it makes a huge amount of sense for Merle to join forces with the big G.
Ha, exercise.... I wouldn't know anything about that...
Make sure no one at work keeps a crossbow hidden in their bag.

You're welcome. Yeah, luckily I don't know of any of my associates in the habit of packing around a crossbow! Maybe a squirtgun or two, but not a a crossbow.... I usually feel and look much less like a zombie after I get a little caffiene in my system anyway. Many other fans are wondering if Morgan and his son will be returning at some point. Remember, these were the first two living individuals whom Rick met after he left the hospital in the early part of season 1. I doubt if we see these characters again in the actual tv show, but it might be interesting to see how Morgan and his son faired after parting ways with Rick in some kind of a webisode. The makers of the show actually created webisodes that are linked to season 1 on the AMC website (AMC | Watch TV Shows & Movies Online | Stream Current Episodes) The webisodes primarily chronicle how the crawling zombie woman that Rick first encountered after leaving the hospital, actually became a zombie. I guess you'd call the webisodes kind of a subplot for the show. Cool stuff.

Back