the Warriors of Xevra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Crystal

Bibbity Rabbity
Title: the Warriors of Xevra

Author: me, Anna

Rating: PG-13 for violence and profanity

Non-Disclaimer: I have made up everything off the top of my head. To my beloved -- be proud of me!

Genre: Action, Angst

Summary: just read already!

Chapter One: In the Temple of Xevra

“Get down on your knees and pray to Xevra!” General Kerr yelled at us. I obediently fell to my knees and pressed my face to the ground. I could feel my friends Fira and Sedi on the ground beside me.

We were at yet another day of warrior training as we prayed to the mighty War Goddess of Xevra. Sometimes she appeared and killed one of us if we did not bow fast enough. Or at least that’s what General Kerr told us. However, nobody knew for sure because we were all blind.

I could feel Kerr stomping around behind us and chanting sacred words to Xevra. Little did he know what I was planning that morning. Someday we’d all be rewarded with sight by the great Mysta in our fortress, who held strange powers from the gods.

“Attend!” Kerr barked. We stood quickly and turned from the shrine. We walked towards him, sometimes bumping into each other. I think they built our fortress with wide rooms and very few small halls and doorways so that we didn’t need to see to get around.

Somebody who has been thinking for a moment might say, “But you don’t know what seeing is.” But that somebody is wrong. We could all see once, when we were small children. But when the raiders stormed the villages, they cursed us by taking our sight. We had to gain it back, which I never thought was fair.

“Today you will do something new,” Kerr said as though something were very funny. “I know you are wondering if it is meeting Mysta, but it’s not. Dread the day you meet her, my boys. She shows you terrible things.” I felt a shudder go through the crowd. I stood firm.

General Kerr had been pacing, but now he stopped and stood before me. “You don’t show the proper fear, Bon. What is this stubbornness? Show some respect!” He pushed me down. I said nothing. He walked away without a backwards glance. “Today you cross the Bridge over Hell. Prepare yourself.” Even I turned cold.

---------------------------

what do people think? :blush: :blush: this is all i've written so far. is it trash or gold or do you need more fabric to decide?

--anna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back