Sci-Fi The Watch

Alien Soup

Head Chef
The Watch, written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, is a movie about four bored suburban men who form a neighborhood watch group. While battling the life of suburbia they discover an alien plot to destroy the Earth.

The R-rated comedy stars Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill, and Richard Ayoade. Ayoade might not be well known to the mainstream American audiences but he is well known in some pop culture crowds for his role in the UK comedy series, The IT Crowd.

(Warning: Language)

Note: The original title of this movie was to be Neighborhood Watch but was recently renamed by Twentieth Century Fox to avoid any association with the Trayvon Martin case in Florida where an unarmed teen was shot by a member of the local neighborhood watch group.

Definitely looks funny! I will have to check it out. Is that release date of July 27th in the U.S. too? Because I haven't heard of it at all yet, and I didn't see the trailer when I went to see the Avengers.

Definitely looks funny! I will have to check it out. Is that release date of July 27th in the U.S. too? Because I haven't heard of it at all yet, and I didn't see the trailer when I went to see the Avengers.
Yes, so far (knock on wood) the US release date is still scheduled for July 27 of this year. Even though it looks like it'll be a pretty fun movie 20th Century Fox has been a bit low-key on this one because of the shooting in Florida and have been trying to disassociate the movie from the "neighborhood watch" element of it even though that is the major premise of the movie in the first.

Another extended trailer has been release for The Watch. Between the two trailers I thinking a bit too much of the plot is being given up.

Back