The WAY It Has To Be

IQALIAS

Cadet
Author: IQALIAS
(IT starts out kind of slow.)

The Way It Has TO Be

(This is what happens after "Alias" season 2 finale “The Telling”.)

Chapter 1
It started out with me waking up in Hong Kong. I didn’t know why or how I got here. I went to a safe house to wait for my contact to come and tell me what was going on. I know I wasn’t on a mission because a minute ago I was at home, or at least I thought it was a minute ago. I was looking at a scar that used to be a cut, and wondering how it healed so fast. Then Michael Vaughn came in to my room and I walked over to him, then hugged him. He told me to sit down and we started to talk. I finally saw the ring on his finger and I asked, “Why are you wearing that ring Vaughn?” That’s when he told me I was missing for two years. I was sitting there in shock, “ What do you mean missing for two years?” I asked. “Ever since the day you killed Francie’s double you have been missing. I looked for you until the CIA told me that you were dead. But I didn’t believe them so I still went looking for you and didn’t stop looking. Then CIA told me that they were going to fire me if I didn’t stop looking for you. So I told them I quit. Then Will hooked me up with a girl, time passed and people told me I should get married so I got married.” answered Vaughn with tears running down his face. “I also thought if I got married it would lessen the pain I was feeling inside. I’m sorry Sydney.” He said while looking down at his hands. Sydney just sat there crying and wishing it was just a dream and she would wake up any moment. “ Her name is...” Sydney cut Vaughn off before he could finish. “I don’t want to know her name. I just want to go back to Los Angeles.”
Vaughn drove Sydney to the private C. I. A. jet in silence. She wouldn’t even look at him; she would just look out the window or look at her hands the whole way there. They finally pulled up to where the jet was waiting for them and then the pilots helped both of them get in. “ It’s nice to see you Agent Bristow.” Both of the Pilots said. “It’s nice to see you too.” She replied. Sydney sat down in a very comfortable chair and fell asleep. Vaughn just sat a couple seats across from her and watched her sleep. He could remember the time he spent thinking of her. It was all the time no matter where he was she would be on his mind. He remembered the time they spent together; the jokes they told each other and the missions they went on together. The ones she went on without him. He remembered playing hockey with her and she telling him that she will kick his butt at hockey someday. He would never forget anything about her; at least he wouldn’t let himself forget. He missed her more than anybody would know. “God what have I done? I messed everything up.” He said to himself. Vaughn fell asleep even though he didn’t want to. All he wanted to do was watch Sydney sleep and to think about all the things they did together.
Sydney woke up an hour later to see Vaughn sleeping with a look of pain on his face. She wondered what he was dreaming of, that is if he was dreaming of anything. Sydney got up and took a can of coke out of the little refrigerator and went back to her seat. She sat there thinking about all the people she hadn’t seen for two years and wondered what they would be doing right now. Then she found herself thinking about Will and how he was doing. She wondered if he still worked for the C. I. A. or if he quit. Vaughn started to move in his seat trying to get comfortable but couldn’t so he finally woke up and saw Sydney staring at him. “I’m sorry if I woke you.” Vaughn said. “You didn’t wake me up.” Sydney replied. They sat in quiet for five minutes, which seemed like two hours to the both of them. Finally Vaughn broke the silence “Do you remember anything from the last two years?” Sydney looked at her coke then back at Vaughn. “I don’t remember anything except for fighting with the double and finding Will with blood all over him and laying in the tub,” she whispered sadly. She started to cry and before Vaughn knew it he had her in his arms trying to comfort her. “You will be all right. Please don’t cry. Don’t cry Syd. You will be okay.” “ When we get to the OP Center you’ll first be taken to the C. I. A. Medical Service Center. There will be doctors running tests on you. They will most likely do a CAT scan, test your blood, and other things. If the testing doesn’t take too long, then you will go and see Director Kendall. He will give you a schedule of when you will meet Dr. Barnette. I am pretty sure you will go through Hypo-regression to help you get your missing memory back. If the testing takes to long, then the doctors will keep you and they will provide a room for you.” Vaughn said. Sydney then asked, “Will I have to live in a safe house?” “ Yes, you live there until you find a house or a new apartment to live in, or if you decide to live with someone you know. ” He replied. “Okay thank you for answering my question Agent Vaughn,” Sydney responded relieved.
Chapter 2
When Sydney and Vaughn got to the OP Center she met her father and other agents that welcomed her back. Then her father took her to the C. I. A. Medical Service Center so the doctors could run tests on her. “Hello Agent Sydney Bristow,” greeted Dr. Lomberg. “Hello.” Sydney answered. “We have a room set up for you, Sydney, that you will most likely be staying in for today since all the testing will take a while,” Dr. Lomberg said while guiding Sydney to the room. Dr. Lomberg took some of her blood for testing, and then other doctors made her do different things which she didn’t know what they were looking for and what it had to do with the other testing that was been done on her. By the time Dr. Lomberg came back with some of the test results it was ten p.m. and Sydney was extremely exhausted to do anything else but sleep. “Well, it seems like you’re in good health and there is nothing wrong with you. You’re just stressed out and I can understand why.” Dr. Lomberg said to Sydney. Since it’s late and you’re very exhausted you can go to your room and sleep while I inform Agent Jack Bristow and Director Kendall about your test results. Sydney went to her room and took a long shower before going to sleep. She was so fatigued she didn’t even notice the surveillance camera in the corner of the room watching every thing she did.
Agent Vaughn was still working at his computer when Dr. Lomberg came into the room to talk to Director Kendall and Agent Jack Bristow. Agent Vaughn just sat there watching the three men talk and that’s when he started to wonder how Sydney’s testing went. Was she okay? Did they find anything that was abnormal? “ I hope I can talk to Dr. Lomberg before he leaves.” Agent Vaughn said to himself.
“So we did many tests on Sydney and she seems to be fine. There’s nothing with her so you don’t need to worry.” Dr. Lomberg said to Agent Jack Bristow and Director Kendall. “Well I have to go. Oh! By the way I turned on the surveillance camera on in her room so you can watch her too.” Dr. Lomberg had added. When Dr. Lomberg was about to leave Agent Vaughn came up to him. “Dr. Lomberg how are Sydney’s test results?” “ I will tell you what I told Agent Jack Bristow and Director Kendall. She seems to be fine and we didn’t find anything abnormal so there’s nothing to worry about. I also turned on the surveillance camera, so if you want you can watch her.” Dr. Lomberg said to Agent Vaughn. “By the way welcome back Agent Vaughn.” Dr. Lomberg said be for leaving. Agent Vaughn went back to his desk and started to finish some paper work that was handed to him a couple of hours ago. He was just sitting there writing and reading when Sydney popped into his head. Why am I thinking of her when I have work to do? I’m a married man. He finally decided to go to the monitor and see what Sydney was doing. He watched her sleep for a long time wondering if anything would be like it used to be. He missed the times they were together. He was incredibly happy when he was with her. “Come on Michael your happily married, stop thinking about your past.” He said to himself. He went back to his desk again and finally finished his paper work, and then he went home.
(I hope it did'nt sound like felgercarb. e-mail me if you want at: IQALIAS@hotmail.com.) I will post more chp.

It's a good start! You don't have to always use their full names, though. Just call them Jack, Kendall, etc. But keep writing, I want to read what comes next!
~kate

i really like this!! its a great start and hmm i wonder what vaughn will do?? hope you have more soon!!

i like it so far and i hope u continue it, but is vaughn really happily married? does he actually love his wife? o and if u do continue it then can u pm me when theres a new chap up?

Here's the new Chap. Sorry that it took so long.
Chapter 3
When Vaughn got home he went to the fridge and warmed up the food his wife made earlier for him and played with his bulldog Donovan after he finished his dinner. Donovan fell asleep on Vaughn’s lap thirty minutes later. Vaughn got up off the sofa and went to his bathroom and took a shower that he hoped would relax him. After he finished his shower he got into bed. “Hi Honey.” Vaughn’s wife said. “Hey.” He replied back to her not really feeling like talking to her. “Did you eat?” She asked him. “Yes, I did eat.” He answered. “Well good night Honey.” She whispered to him before she fell asleep. “Good night.” He whispered in her ear. Vaughn tried to sleep but had no success at it. He would sleep but wake up five minutes later and whenever he closed his eyes he would see Sydney’s beautiful face. Michael got out of bed and went to the bathroom and got a sleeping capsule out of the medicine cabinet that one of the doctors at the C. I. A. Medical Service Center prescribed to him when Sydney was pronounced dead. He had sleeping problems when Sydney first went missing, but his problem got worse when the accusation of her death was proclaimed. He opened the bottle and took one capsule out, and then he got a glass of water and took the sleeping medicine. It was three o’clock A.M. before Vaughn went to sleep. Before falling asleep he set his alarm clock for six A.M. so he could get up and out of the house before his wife woke up at seven-thirty in the morning.
Vaughn went to the C. I. A. OP Center the next day with Sydney on his mind since he got up that morning. He walked over to his desk and had some more paper work waiting for him, but not as much as yesterday. He flipped through some of the papers that he had to look at and decided that it would be a good idea to visit Sydney before she has to see Director Kendall. Before he went to see Sydney he got her breakfast then went to her room. “Hi. I brought you some breakfast.” Vaughn said to Sydney. “Hi. Thank you for the breakfast Vaughn.” Sydney said as she finished making her bed. “Your welcome.” Vaughn replied. Vaughn watched Sydney finish eating her breakfast before he said, “Director Kendall is waiting for you and he wants to talk to you before he gives you your schedule to see Dr. Barnette so you can get counseling and hypo-regression therapy.” “Okay, first I have to change.” Replied Sydney while picking up some clothes that were left on the table by her father. After Agent Bristow finished changing in the bathroom, Vaughn took her to see Kendall. “Hello, Agent Bristow.” Kendall said as he greeted Sydney. “Hello, Director Kendall. It’s nice to see you again.” Sydney replied back. “When you go to see Dr. Barnette for your hypo-regression therapy it will be a slow and long process, so don’t feel like it’s not helping because it will take time. You won’t be going on any field missions unless it has to do with where you might have been kept over the past two years.” Kendall said as he informed Sydney. “I understand Director Kendall.” Sydney said. “Here’s your schedule to see Dr. Barnette. Your first meeting will be in thirty minutes.” he told her as he handed the small paper to her. “Thank you,” Sydney replied as she looked at the paper. “You can go and sit at your desk. You do remember were your desk is right?” He asked not sure if she remembered. “Yes, I do remember. Good day.” Sydney said as she walked toward her desk. As she sat down at her desk someone came up behind her. “Hi, Sydney. I w-wanted to see you y-yesterday but the doctors said you were sleeping s-so I didn’t want to bother you.” Marshall said as Sydney got up and hugged him. “Hi, Marshall. I missed you.” Sydney said when she broke the embrace between them. “ So, how have you been Marshall?” Sydney asked him. “I’m doing fine. I’m engaged to Carrie. I was going to ask her a while ago, but she was transferred to England for a year. Then when she came back after that year she was transferred to Brazil. She was gone for another year before she came back here. I missed her, but when she came back two months ago I asked her.” Marshall replied with his happy news. “Congratulations Marshall!” Sydney exclaimed with happiness for him and Carrie. “Well, I have to go. Bye Sydney.” “Bye Marshall,” Sydney answered as he walked away.
Thirty minutes had passed and Sydney was now walking over to Dr. Barrnette’s office. When she knocked on the door a soft voice called out, “Come in.” She walked in and saw Dr. Barnette sitting down in her chair. “Sit down and make yourself comfortable Sydney.” Dr. Barnette commanded her in a peaceful voice. Sydney sat down across from Dr. Barnette while she looked at Sydney’s schedule. “ You won’t be doing a hypo-regression therapy session today. Instead I scheduled that for tomorrow if that’s alright with you?” Dr. Barnette asked Sydney. “That’s fine with me.” Sydney said with self-assurance. “Do you want to talk about how you are feeling today?” Dr. Barnette asked Sydney so she wouldn’t feel uncomfortable. “Yes, I think it would be a good way for me to reduce my stress.” Sydney replied. “You can start when ever you want.” Dr. Barnette told her. “I feel like felgercarb. I feel like my life has shattered into a million tiny pieces of glass. Practically everything has changed. Hardly anything is what it used to be, before I went missing.” Sydney said as she began to cry. “Agent Bristow as the days go on you will get use to everything that has changed and the days will get easier for you. You need to remember that you still have all those good memories that you can hang on to.” Dr. Barnette told Sydney trying to comfort her. “I know, I know everything takes time to get used to. Are we done for today or do you want me to stay for a little longer?” Sydney asked politely. “Yes, we are done for today. If you need to talk to me you can, even if its not your scheduled time.” Dr. Barnette retorted before Sydney walked out the door.
After Sydney left Dr. Barrnette’s office she went back to her desk and sat down. “Hi, Sydney.” “Hi, Dad.” “How was your meeting with Dr. Barnette?” Jack asked curiously. “It was short. Tomorrow I will have my first hypo-regression therapy session.” Sydney said with a small smile. “Do want me to be there while you are going through your therapy sessions?” Jack requested hoping that she would say yes. “Yes, I would like for you to be there.” Sydney answered. “What time is it scheduled for?” Jack inquired. “It will be at twelve o’clock in the afternoon.” Sydney said as she looked at her schedule. “The C. I. A. has a safe house ready for you to stay in. I will take you there after we have lunch together.” Jack informed his daughter. “All right. Bye.” Sydney said as her father hugged her and walked off to talk to Kendall.

Thanks to all of you who replied. I'm going to go write some more. Please keep reading & review.

How could you Vaughn :boxing:.
I hope you learned your lesson :stretcher:.
I'm sorry Syd :sorry:.
I except your apology. Sorry for hurting you. :lovers:

IQALIAS said:
Thanks to all of you who replied. I'm going to go write some more. Please keep reading & review.

How could you Vaughn :boxing:.
I hope you learned your lesson :stretcher:.
I'm sorry Syd :sorry:.
I except your apology. Sorry for hurting you. :lovers:
huh? :thinking: wats this? is this like a lil preview or somethign..?

Back