The Way She Moved

Title: The Way She Moved
Spoilers: None (unless you haven’t seen Seasons 1, 2 and 3)
Rating: PG-13
A/N: Originally, this was going to be one 100-word drabble, but I've been inspired, so instead, it's now a series of 100-word drabbles. They were written for Dianora2 in her LJ for the "First Line Meme" thing where you take the first line of someone else's story and write something. All of the parts are Sydney/Vaughn oriented, from Vaughn's point-of-view.

One: He Loved the Way She Moved

He loved the way she moved; even when dressed as a leather-bound seductress in a Berlin sex club. He sat at the bar, sipping a gin and tonic, waiting for her to step through the mass of people clad in leather and spiked collars. When she arrived, the crowd separated slightly so that she might pass through unheeded. He turned and watched as her body moved in complete harmony; slim legs in tandem with muscled arms, and couldn’t help but remember those legs legs wrapped around his waist as their bodies pistoned together. God, he loved the way she moved.

See first post for information, author's note, and so forth.

Two: Looking Back on It Now

Looking back on it now, I could kick myself for not acting differently.

“So after the debrief, I’ll come and pick you up.”

“Okay.”

God, I was so stupid that night. If only I had gone in with her, if only I had brought her to the Ops-Center with me, if only I had done something...anything. Then we wouldn’t be in this maddening entanglement of jealousy, betrayal and love; I wouldn’t be married.

I never should have let her leave me that night. I never should have let her leave me without telling her I loved her.

See first post for information, author's note, and so forth.

Three: A Very Long Time

It had been a very long time since he'd been here last.

It seemed as though he were walking the plank on a pirateís ship, preparing to dive off the end of the pier into the sea.

With each step, he could see her face more clearly, he could hear her voice grow louder, he could smell her hair more deeply.

And then he saw her leaning on the railing, awaiting his arrival at the end of the pier. He walked quickly, racing to meet her, but found that she was gone; his beloved existed only in his alcohol-addled mind.

Back