The Weekend

“What happened that weekend?” Vaughn asked in an almost suggestive way.

Sydney turned her head to the side and looked at him. “They fell in love all over again.”
Perfect, perfect, perfect!

Best chapter ever!

OMV awesome!
“I dunno... I don’t really remember anymore.... well, there was this one... it was about a girl named Nydney,” he said with a grin.

Sydney burst out laughing. “Nydney?! Are you kidding me?!”

“No, her name was Nydney and she was... a princess, the most beautiful princess ever.”

“Uh huh,” she encouraged with a grin. “Did she have a prince named... Haughn?”

“Yes,” he laughed. “But there was an evil wizard named... Bloane.”

“Bloane?!” Sydney laughed. “At least you’re rhyming skills are better than your creative writing ones.”

“Alright Miss Smartie Pants English major, you try making up a story then,” he challenged.

“Okay,” she sighed as she rolled onto her back and looked up at the ceiling. “So, Nydney and... what was it?”

“Haughn,” he told her.

“Yes, Nydney and Haughn were from different kingdoms and they couldn’t be together, but they kept meeting in secret. They would ride their horses far into the forest and lay in the grass and talk for hours. They fell in love, but the evil wizard Bloane found out.”

“Oh no!” Vaughn gasped in fake horror.

“When Bloane found out, they knew they couldn’t see each other again until he was destroyed, but they spent one last weekend together, locked up alone in a high tower.”

“What happened that weekend?” Vaughn asked in an almost suggestive way.

Sydney turned her head to the side and looked at him. “They fell in love all over again.”
:lol: that was so funny loved it and I loved that she felt so secure with Vaughn and that he knew even before this weekend that she was the one for him. Thanks for the PM and I can't wait for more.

I love his fairy tale! I especially loved the ring story. Thank goodness you don't have angst going on simultaneouly with "Silver"...I don't think I could handle it! :(

Bittersweet...

“I know. How about one last question?” he asked. She nodded against his hand and snuggled back up against him. “Tell me something you’d never tell anyone else,” he suggested bravely, not sure if she’d react positively, knowing that she wasn’t one to reveal weakness of any sort.

Sydney sighed and pondered his statement. What could she reveal? What was there to reveal that she hadn’t shared with Francie? Something CIA related perhaps, but he already knew so much. Finally, she decided to admit a recently discovered truth; something she had never thought possible. “Last night was the first night since I joined the CIA that I wasn’t afraid to go to sleep,” she admitted. Truthfully, she was always on edge, convinced her cover would be blown and men would storm her house to kill her, just like they had killed Danny. Even when trying to rest in her bed, she was always on high alert, ready to bolt up and grab the gun stashed underneath her bed, but not with Vaughn; she knew he would protect her.

Vaughn sighed into her hair and kissed her head softly. He almost laughed at the fact that the same was true for him as well. He too was worried for her safety. He took a deep breath and decided to admit something of his own, but chose his words carefully. “A few weeks ago, I went into a jewelry store and started looking at engagement rings, but I never had any intentions of proposing to Alice,” he finished almost with a whisper. When he had gone in that store, it was after seeing an interesting necklace displayed in their window, a necklace he had purchased for Sydney and intended on giving her the following day, but while he was there, he saw the rings. When he scanned through them, in his mind and heart, he had pictured Sydney. He was thinking about what her reaction would be to one of them.

At the time, he had thought himself crazy, after all, he and Sydney were miles from a romantic relationship, but after that weekend, he knew that his gut had been right. Sydney was the one for him.

Out of all the things, all the moments, all the admissions between them that weekend, that was the one that got her the most. She shut her eyes tight and let a few tears slide down her face. Then, she snuggled up to him as he pulled the blanket up around them. Not another word was spoken; not another word was needed.
That was all done perfectly.

Awwwww...its all just so *sigh* wonderful!

Not another word was spoken; not another word was needed.

I really do love this fic and that chapter was absolutely adorable!
Bloane and Haughn...hahahaha :lol:

Thanks so very much for the pm!
-kaitlyn

awwwwwwww so cute
luv it :D
i can't wait for the sunday in the next chapter
thanks for the pm
please update soon

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

Is it allowed to shriek on this board???????????????? :angelic:

That was one :sigh: of a fluffy part and so sad too... Just skip over .... like the next 10 years?????? so that SV can be together and SD6 destroyed... :Please:

:lol:

Back