The Weekend

awww :love: eric is absolutly too funny! i like your version better. soo mush happier. made my day! i could go on for hours! but i won't because i already talk to myself way too much! i insult myself. its pathetic. but its kinda like the golum thing in lord of the rings. but anyway, enogh about my insanity :P love this fic!

Chapter 13
It was nearly a week before Sydney and Vaughn saw each other again. On Friday night, Vaughn received a message from her on his phone telling him to meet her at the warehouse as soon as possible. When he arrived, he could see her through the wire fence, pacing, wearing a large sweater and hugging herself. Immediately, he knew she was crying. “Syd? Babe, what’s wrong? What happened?” he asked as he pulled back the gate. In an instant, she was in his arms and he was trying to comfort her.

“I’m sorry to call you like this,” she sniffed.

“Don’t be,” he assured her. “What’d I tell you, hmm? You always have my number.” He smiled and kissed her forehead. “What happened?”

“Sloane,” she muttered. “He and Sark... they’re just so... and it’s my fault! And then I had this fight with Francie over not being around when she needs me and... I don’t know... I don’t know!! I’m horrible.”

“You are not horrible,” he told her firmly.

She shook her head and wiped her cheeks off with her sleeves that were covering her fists. “I am, I am.... Vaughn, why do you love me?” she whimpered.

He laughed softly, thinking she was kidding, but then he saw the look of uncertainty in her eyes and the tears still flooding down her cheeks. He reached up and brushed them away. “Syd, why don’t I love you?! You are so amazing,” he told her as he rubbed his hands on her shoulders. She smiled softly but shook her head. “Yes, yes you are. You have this amazing strength and presence that just captivates everyone, including me. You’ve been stuck in my head ever since that day you left my office looking like a clown that had been beat with a stick.” With this, she couldn’t help but laugh.

“I just love you Syd and I’m so, so lucky to have you in my life and I thank God every day that I do. I love you Syd, because there’s no reason not to,” he told her.

“But-” she began, but he cut her off Syd.

“No but's Syd. Do you want me to make a list for you?” he smiled.

“No,” she laughed softly.

“Okay,” he sighed as he rubbed her back. “Oh and speaking of – I enjoyed the note I found in my sock drawer.”

“Oh, I had forgotten about that,” she smiled. He leaned down and kissed her and then hugged her tightly. “Thanks Vaughn.”

“For what?”

“Loving me.”

~*~

Five days later, Sydney was sitting on a plane in utter disbelief as she stared across the aisle at her parents, who were exchanging occasional glares. They were on their way to India, Kashmir more specifically, with the task of disarming nuclear weapons. How their mission had come to pass was something that Sydney was still in disbelief about.

Two days earlier, she had been tasked to obtain codes. At the time, they didn’t know what the codes were for. Then, Sark sold them to people in possession of the nuclear weapons they corresponded to. The weapons were being held in a secure facility that could only be infiltrated by someone who knew the facility well. That was why Irina was going with them; she knew the facility. Jack had refused to let Sydney go alone with her mother, so that’s why he was there.

Sydney sighed and glanced down at her watch. They had only been in the air for three hours and no one had spoken a word. It was going to be a long flight.

“Something’s different about you Sydney,” her mother said, breaking the silence.

“What?” Sydney was caught off guard by the randomness of her comment. “No...”

“Yes, there is. You’re smiling more.... and that necklace. I’ve never seen you wear it before, but you’ve been wearing it the past three times I’ve seen you,” Irina said. Sydney, feeling nervous, shoved the necklace down in her shirt.

“Irina, it’s a necklace. Don’t you think it’s possible she owns more than one, or maybe she bought it...,” Jack suggested dully.

“No, it’s special,” Irina told him.

“And how do you know that?”

“I just do.” She smiled proudly. Sydney decided it was best to just stay quiet and let them bicker; that way there was no way she could reveal anything by accident. Unfortunately, her plan only lasted ten more minutes. “Is it from Agent Vaughn?” Irina asked. Sydney’s eyes opened wide as she gaped at her. How did she know?

Jack laughed. “Where on earth did you get such a ridiculous idea?”

“It is, isn’t it?” Irina asked, ignoring Jack completely.

“Agent Vaughn is my handler,” Sydney said in a weak attempt at defense.

“But you’re clearly in love with him,” Irina said.

“Irina stop it. You’re being ridiculous,” Jack snapped.

“Well you couldn’t see it, but I can.” Irina glared at him.

“Oh and how exactly is that? You see them every day? Work around them, do you?”

“I’m not dense, Jack. I wouldn’t need that much time,” she argued back. Jack opened his mouth to retort but Sydney beat him to it.

“Stop it!” Sydney shouted at them both. “I don’t know if you both failed to realize, but we’re about to enter an extremely dangerous situation and we have to get along civilly or we’ll all be dead! The fact that I love Vaughn has nothing to do with anything!” she shouted.

A proud smile crossed Irina’s face as she looked pointedly at Jack, who was gaping. “You love Vaughn?!” he gasped. She didn’t respond, which only made him more infuriated as he began to scan through the rolodex in his mind. “Kendall... mentioned something...”

“What?! What did Kendall say?!” Sydney asked quickly, half-panicking.

“I don’t remember exactly; I wasn’t paying attention at the time. Something about a video camera.... in the parking garage maybe...,” he said unsurely. Irina choked back laughter as Sydney turned bright pink. Her father looked up and saw this and turned red as well, but from anger. “SYDNEY ANNE!”

“Vaughn and I didn’t do anything in the parking garage! You ... you heard him wrong,” Sydney insisted rather weakly. Irina continued to stifle her laugher, but Jack refused to hold back his fury.

“Sydney, you are aware that there is protocol for a reason, correct?! Or perhaps your disregard for guidelines is a biological factor...,” he grumbled as he glared at Irina; she stopped laughing. Then, he turned back to Sydney. “You could be compromising this entire operation!”

“Really, Dad, could I? I fail to see how me sleeping with Vaughn could compromise the entire CIA,” she snapped, regretting the words the moment they left her mouth. Jack grunted, got up from his seat and walked away. Sydney, knowing she was flushing, tried concentrating on the mission specs in her lap. A moment later, she glanced cautiously up at her mother and saw that she was smiling softly as she picked at invisible things in her lap. Sydney sighed and rested her head back against the seat, knowing that the next two days would be the longest of her life.

Chapter 14
In all of her life, Sydney had never had a real, true family vacation. Her memories of the time with her mother when she was younger were scattered, broken flashes and occasional moments that she barely recalled at all. She believed that once she heard her father speak of a trip to the beach when she was five years old, but she had no recollection of it at all. After her mother’s ‘death’, her father was so distant he was almost non-existent, so there were no vacations then either. But, standing there, twenty-eight years old, dressed up, pretending to be a family, Sydney couldn’t help but laugh at the fact that her life had reached a new twisted, insane level. Family vacations for spies.

Standing in line at New Dehli, the tension was palpable. Not only was that the point of no return, but the fact that her mother and father were arm in arm for the first time in over two decades added a new level of anxiety. Sydney tried her best to put on her ‘annoyed valley girl’ attitude, but her thoughts were elsewhere. For starters, she was standing a foot away from both her parents, something she never thought possible in her life. Secondly, she was about to work with her mother in the field, which in itself, gave a significant level of apprehension, given her mother’s questionable allegiance. Besides that, she was never good with new partners. She always liked to be in control and, unfortunately, in this situation, there was an absolute lack of control.

When her mother kissed her father, Sydney’s heart jumped all the way up into her throat as she waited for him to pull out a gun and shoot her in the face. Thankfully, there was no bloodshed, but she decided it was highly possible that this was the single most awkward moment of her life.

~*~

When Sydney, accompanied by her parents, ran out of the PRF prison and saw Vaughn in a helicopter waiting for them, she had never been more thankful to see anyone in her life. She had been thankful that she had survived the preceding day and a half, especially after her mother’s apparent betrayal, but seeing him was simply an added bonus. She ran to the chopper and he helped her inside, and then helped her parents before they took off. Once seated, she flashed him a smile and received a wink in return as he squeezed her hand. Jack saw this entire exchange and scowled. Irina then glared at him and he casually looked out the window.

“How’d you get here?” Sydney asked Vaughn once they disembarked from the helicopter and were making their way towards the plane waiting for them.

“Kendall told me to come because I was annoying the hell out of him,” Vaughn smiled proudly. Sydney laughed.

“Well, Agent Vaughn, I suppose a ‘thank you’ is in order,” Jack said rather sternly.

“Uh... sure...,” Vaughn responded with confusion, not understanding Jack’s hostility at all, but assuming it was from spending two days alone with his ex-wife. With another glare, Jack walked away. Vaughn shook it off and walked over to Sydney with a smile. “You should get some rest, you look exhausted.”

“Only if you get some rest with me,” she smiled. He looked obviously hesitant as he nervously glanced back at her parents. “They already know,” she told him quietly.

“Oh ok- WHAT?!” he gasped once he realized what she had said.

Sydney shrugged. “Long story.”

“What?! How long?! What happened?” he asked.

“Vaughn. Tired. Long story. Sleep now. Tell later,” she grunted.

“Okay,” he laughed as he reached up into one of the overhead compartments and grabbed a blanket. He sat down on one of the seats and Sydney sat beside him, banking her body up against his and resting her head on his shoulder. Then, he draped the blanket over them both and rested his cheek against the top of her head before shutting his eyes, not bothering (or wanting) to catch sight of Jack’s reaction to all of this.

“I missed you Vaughn,” she told him with a sigh.

“I missed you too,” he told her.

Across the plane, Jack was scowling at his daughter and Agent Vaughn as they slept, when Irina switched seats and sat beside him. He turned his head and glared at her for a moment before returning his scowl to the sleeping pair. “Leave her alone, Jack. She’s happy,” Irina told him quietly. Jack opened his mouth to protest but Irina glared at him.

“You don’t know her like I do,” he challenged.

Slightly miffed, Irina cleared her throat. “But I know she was unhappy and now she is not.”

“You mean like unhappiness as a result of her mother, who had been dead for twenty-some-odd years, returning and becoming an annoying presence in her life?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Or unhappiness as a result of discovering that her father used her as a lab rat and programmed her to be a spy and then failed to tell her,” Irina countered with a stoic expression.

Jack was speechless for a moment, hating the fact that she had beat, or at least tied him, at his own game. He tilted his head slightly to the side and nodded. “Touché.”

She smiled proudly. “You’re starting to trust me again.”

He laughed. “Don’t delude yourself into believing in the impossible, Irina.”

“Nothing’s impossible.... just slightly less likely than something else,” she told him. He grumbled and shook his head, ignoring her and turning back to finishing the report he was writing.

~*~

“Hey... did you return your mother to her little cage?” Vaughn asked when he saw Sydney approaching.

Sydney cocked her head to the side and gave him a look. “Vaughn,” she said warningly.

He held up his hands. “Sorry, it was too easy,” he winked. She rolled her eyes and went to walk away, but he caught her arm. “Here,” he handed her three tickets.

She looked down at them and then back up at him. “Mini golf?”

He nodded. “For you, Will and Francie.”

A small smile crept across her face. “Some day we’ll go.”

“I’m gonna hold you to that Bristow,” he winked.

PM LIST
6helterskelter6
74Aliaschickita47
Action!Vaughn
Addicted 2 Alias
albob
alias#1
ALIAS_chick
alias_chick_47
alias_luver
Alias79
AliasBub
aliasdancer007
aliasfan212
Aliasfan23
aliasisthebest
AliasSydney502
alizas
Alwazabrat
ams4alias
Angel
angiverl
anji_alias
aprilsfool6
ASIOagent
atekamel
ballerina
benzmine
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
Carol_Br47
catfishally
Catpin
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cookiemonster
cupcake55
dandan
EJ11
fieldstation
frangipani
freckles3706
freelancer79
funkymonkey
gabbi_vaughn
grassyass
gucci_94
hannahb
helpleessromantic
i love vaughny
invisible
jadeygirl
jb288
Jen-Jen
Julia47Thorne
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
kittykatsmeow
leelow13
Lily Ella
LittleNicky
Lovygirl
mbellsdiva
MH55995
mightylittleone
Minttu
Mistyville
Ms.MichaelVaughn

Nadia Weiss
Nancy O
newyorkaise
Nicky_Bristow
one&only44
Phoenixwannabe
PointguysGirl
Prediction 47
Queen of hearts
sab-alias
scullymulder1234
smartgirl2004
SpygirlAmy
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
SydAPO05
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
SydVaughn1001
texasalias2004
Thayna
tubby
tunita
ubielecki
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnroxmysox
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney
wiseman
Syd4Vaughn
emotionalrescue
stella1
gregstar
mountaineer_girl
Crazy for Alias
stealthy
sarkattack
Remys24
Faye Vaughn
Mountaineer4746
PIpp
sydney//vaughn
aliasrocks515
sydney_alias_vaughn
Wild_Child
maddy28
i'm an aliasaholic
sydofthesea
Lor_Aliasfan47
k-mila
aussie_chic
buckeyealum2000
aliasfreak8903
SuperDuck123
fire*N*ice
Elle_47
sparklingrainbow
Aliaschick347
undercover_spy
dancer4life
berry_kyoote_spy88
kalias
KAC
ae_gurl293
Soccer22vartan
xxaliasluverxx

I'm so sorry I havent had time to reply for long time. I love this and everyone of your writings.

Stop it!” Sydney shouted at them both. “I don’t know if you both failed to realize, but we’re about to enter an extremely dangerous situation and we have to get along civilly or we’ll all be dead! The fact that I love Vaughn has nothing to do with anything!” she shouted.

A proud smile crossed Irina’s face as she looked pointedly at Jack, who was gaping. “You love Vaughn?!” he gasped. She didn’t respond, which only made him more infuriated as he began to scan through the rolodex in his mind. “Kendall... mentioned something...”

“What?! What did Kendall say?!” Sydney asked quickly, half-panicking.

“I don’t remember exactly; I wasn’t paying attention at the time. Something about a video camera.... in the parking garage maybe...,” he said unsurely. Irina choked back laughter as Sydney turned bright pink. Her father looked up and saw this and turned red as well, but from anger. “SYDNEY ANNE!”

“Vaughn and I didn’t do anything in the parking garage! You ... you heard him wrong,” Sydney insisted rather weakly. Irina continued to stifle her laugher, but Jack refused to hold back his fury.

“Sydney, you are aware that there is protocol for a reason, correct?! Or perhaps your disregard for guidelines is a biological factor...,” he grumbled as he glared at Irina; she stopped laughing. Then, he turned back to Sydney. “You could be compromising this entire operation!”

“Really, Dad, could I? I fail to see how me sleeping with Vaughn could compromise the entire CIA,” she snapped, regretting the words the moment they left her mouth. Jack grunted, got up from his seat and walked away. Sydney, knowing she was flushing, tried concentrating on the mission specs in her lap. A moment later, she glanced cautiously up at her mother and saw that she was smiling softly as she picked at invisible things in her lap. Sydney sighed and rested her head back against the seat, knowing that the next two days would be the longest of her life.

Yay! Fun!

great updat love it,. i think jack just have to see that sydney has her on life and that he has nothing to say on how she is in love wite, i mean she not a littel girl anymore

Back