Sci-Fi The Wolverine (X-Men)

Alien Soup

Head Chef
The Wolverine is an upcoming American/Australian superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Wolverine and is intended to be the sixth installment in the X-Men film series. Hugh Jackman reprises his role from previous films as the title character with James Mangold directing a screenplay written by Christopher McQuarrie, Scott Frank, and Mark Bomback, based on the 1982 limited series Wolverine by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller.

Set sometime after X-Men: The Last Stand, Logan travels to Japan, where he engages a mysterious figure from his past in a fight that has lasting consequences. Vulnerable for the first time, and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel, but also his inner struggle against his own immortality, emerging more powerful than ever before.

Director Mangold released a teaser video on Vine, the social video sharing platform from Twitter.

Ain't be nothin' lethal about steel to Wolverine.

I'll see it. But only because I love watching Marvel movies. God I hope it's as batshit crazy as it sounds. I find myself sitting in comicbook movies recently saying to myself "That's fine, but why didn't they take it further?"

The one I'm really looking forward to is Days of Future Past, the new X-men. Hopefully, time travel, sentinels, forge, kitty pride and a dragon.

Full official trailer...

Holy felgercarb... even ignoring how fine Jackman looks as Wolverine... damn this film is going to be awesome :D

I love all things Marvel, but I cannot say that I have really appreciated any of the X-Men movies since X-Men United. The Wolverine movies have seemed especially bad. Either way, if there's no Deadpool sighting in this one, I'll probably pass until DVD.

I love all things Marvel, but I cannot say that I have really appreciated any of the X-Men movies since X-Men United. The Wolverine movies have seemed especially bad. Either way, if there's no Deadpool sighting in this one, I'll probably pass until DVD.

Yeah, I have to agree. None of the X-Men/Wolverine movies have been as good as the Avengers and any of their tie in movies. That being said, any X-Men movie is infinitely better than any movie based on a video game. Silent Hill, for instance, was terrible.

Watched this last night. One word - AWESOME! I bloody well loved it (granted, it's Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and that man was born to play Logan). Can't wait for the next X-Men movie and the next Wolverine one.

I just saw The Wolverine this past weekend and my reaction is a bit mixed.

Though the story line fills in some gaps of Wolverine's past, and add some more questions to it at the same time, unfortunately I felt that the writing overall was a bit weak. I think it was a bit obvious who was going to be in the silver samurai armor and what the eventual outcome would be.

On the other hand, some of the cinematography was excellent. In particular, the scene of Wolverine fighting the ninjas in the village while the snow fell was exactly what you'd want to see from a comic inspired movie.

If nothing else it served as a means of setting up a way to avoid a consistency issue with the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past movie -- Wolverine's claws.

Back