Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Sci-Fi The Wraith

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kevin, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

[MOVIE]The Wraith (tt0092240)[/MOVIE]
    I recently had a chance to re-watch The Wraith on cable and it was the first time I ever got to watch it in widescreen hi-def resolution. I have seen it plenty of times but it was only on an old CRT 4:3 TV with low resolution and edited for TV.

These days a movie like The Wraith would be deemed direct-to-cable quality and never see a theater release. That is a shame because it is one of the movies that nicely serves as a pop-culture time capsule of the period.

Chrysler sponsored the vehicles so seeing a Dodge Daytona Turbo as canyon racer is pretty funny. I wonder if it was the Shelby version. :D With 80's songs by Ozzy Osbourne, Billy Idol, Robert Palmer and others, along with some of the bad guys appearing with face paint, then add in a young Charlie Sheen and a pre-breakdown Randy Quaid, it all combines for a straight out of the '80's experience.

If you enjoy B-movies then add this one to your viewing queue.

2. wolfpack

wolfpack Scout

I remember as a young teen a friend telling me about this film, so off to the local video rental store I went to hire it. I was completely blown away by the film, I found it to be haunting and very unique. Must try to obtain it on DVD, a forgotten underated classic IMO.