Season 5 The Writer and Director of "Fait Accompli"

Andi Bushell has moderate experience in writing, crafting storylines for shows such as Crossing Jordan, the short-lived Keen Eddie, the also short-lived Young Americans (starring former Lost star Ian Somerhalder), and the incredibly short lived ABC miniseries Wasteland. He was also a producer for the, all together now, short-lived TV series Glory Days. It seems that ABC just swept this guy up off the floor. Though he is also a writer for Crossing Jordan, Bushell hasn't been able to keep a steady writing job since he stepped onto the scene in 1999. I hope the fact that his prescence almost guarantees death for a show doesn't make this a bad episode.

The director, Richard Coad, is finally getting his big break. After acting as an Assistant Director on 17 projects over the course of 17 years, Coad will be directing his first ever project. This, however, could be a good thing. He certainly knows how to direct: he's been watching and taking notes one would assume for almost two decades. It seems that he was an assistant director on Alias from the start, and therefore certainly knows how the show works. Let's hope he'll step onto the director's scene with fresh ideas and innovative style.

Overall, I think it will be a pretty good eppy! Nothing oustanding, but still really, really good. ;)

I thought, after seeing the episode, that both the writing and directing were very well done. The directing was a little choppy during the Dean/Sloane/Rachel fight, a little more than usual even, but still, I love new directors. They always bring a fresh approach to the look.

Back