Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sounds ok

• It's going to be a letdown

• Total voters
F

frostydf2

I want to know what you guys think of the Wyr system. Honestly, this system is making it sound like not one single character is going to be the same. EVER! For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, make sure you check out the link below for all of the updates for today. The articles posted discuss the Wyr system..

http://heroshall.com/forums/index.php?act=...&st=0#entry3443

I too think it sounds good, but more information is necessary for me to praise it beyond that.

Originally posted by frostydf2@May 10 2006, 09:14 PM
EVER
You misspelled EVAR :-(

I'm not a big fan of EVAR usually but that was definitely a time for it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Goat

I adore HJ... but let's sit down for a second. The wyr system is not something new, based on the info they have given us. It is similar if not identical to games with 'enchant item' or empowering gear with runes or spellcrafting procs or stats onto armor, gear. With this system you can do this to yourself as well, which is the same as using potions or spell buffs.

I like they didn't use the same termonology, and am glad they put it in. However, while it does allow for varying character types (no two the same deal) I know from experience the last ten years of mmo gaming that those more concerned with being 'uber' will use the best template discovered. Always. Sad, but true.

Peace

Judging from what they've got in Gemstone in terms of full customization, it's exciting to see that they're not letting up one bit with HJ. I love to be able to have a character that's effective and not 'cookie cutter.'

Originally posted by Seeria@May 10 2006, 01:28 PM
I adore HJ... but let's sit down for a second. The wyr system is not something new, based on the info they have given us. It is similar if not identical to games with 'enchant item' or empowering gear with runes or spellcrafting procs or stats onto armor, gear. With this system you can do this to yourself as well, which is the same as using potions or spell buffs.

I like they didn't use the same termonology, and am glad they put it in. However, while it does allow for varying character types (no two the same deal) I know from experience the last ten years of mmo gaming that those more concerned with being 'uber' will use the best template discovered. Always. Sad, but true.

Peace
With the exception that by buffing things, you decrease other abilities.

Buff something in the fire realm, lose resistance in the water realm.

That is a new twist.

Its a new twist and will require much more careful thought as to where you are taking your character. This is a good thing!

I love what I've seen so far. I really like the customization possibilities. I love how different combinations of Wyr not only give you their listed bonuses but also react to each other to create other effects that aren't listed. I mean, the combinations could easily number in to the thousands if the variety of Wyr is out there.

I even like that there is a drawback to using Wyr because it will possibly force you to make some difficult decisions. If you can't tell, I'm extremely excited about this!

Wyr (Pronounced like "we're") allow you, not only a way to customize weapons, but your character abilities and actually your character's aspect. Wyr are... well... wyr. They go much further and are much more limitless than a weapon 'enchant'. Its fairly complex to explain and much more easy just to show you. ;)

I voted I love the idea, but I would like more info. I just voted the top one because it just sounds so great and I'm so excited. :lol:

This reminded me of Runes from Diablo, but when Zee said they dont just impact your items, but they actually impact your character....this is going to be AMAWSINCREDICOOL!!! (amazing + awesome + incredible + cool)

Now for weapons, they will or can affect the look, will that be the same for armor and maybe even your character?

And will this be a "once you enchant it you cant go back!" ? or will it be reversable?

Originally posted by Presto+May 11 2006, 03:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Presto @ May 11 2006, 03:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HJ-Zee@May 10 2006, 06:20 PM
Its fairly complex to explain and much more easy just to show you. ;)
They are welcome to invite me into the beta and show me :smiley: [/b][/quote]
Same here! ;)

I love the idea. With this we can have the whatever style of weapon we want while getting the bonuese we decide we like more by adding those bonuese ourselves. Perfect.

I can see limitless possiblities from Wyrs, but also it can end up being a cookie-cutter type of system where people find an optimal combination which no one deviates from.

It's still far too early for us to judge how good this system will be, but I like the potential it holds.

I'm going to find a Wyr that makes me dashingly dashing! A Wry that makes the girlies swoon and fongle over me! Oi, and a Wry that makes my skin nice and silky smooth and my amazingly amazing sideburns gleam! Then I'm going to find a Wry that makes people belch when they walk by me just so I can laugh. And a Wry that makes cow dung step on people instead of people stepping on cow dung! There's a Wyr-old of possibilities and Wry living in it!

Man A - Help, Wyr attacking!
Man B - We are?
Man A - No, silly, not us. There! *points ahead* Wyr, just up ahead. And attacking the poor village.
Man B - *looks confused* Err, we're right here...not over there.
Man A - Are you blind! There, Wry...right THERE!
Man B - *getting angry* No! WE'RE RIGHT HERE! *stomps his foot*
Man A - *looks at the ground where Man B stompped* That's not where Wry are.
Man B - Stop stuttering
Man A - *blinks*
Man B - Wry on first?
Man A - *sighs*

I had actually pronounced them as in Wyrm.

Sounds like an interesting concept, for sure. Many open questions, though.
I suppose every item has the same amounts of slots. But how do we change Wyrs? Are they interchangable or do we replace a current wyr with a new one and loose the old? Or do we carry around a myriad of wyrs to change 'em depending on the situation wyr (scnr) heading into?
What about how they change appearance? Does a fire wyr add a fiery glow to the weapon? What if I don't like that, but that wyr is so much better than the yeti wyr which make my weapon's blade look furry?

Wyr goint to need more info...

hehe Yeah, put me into a beta and prove it to me. Not to sound a downer but the system sounds just as I said PLUS the rune aspect of Shadowbane. D&D has similar I'm told (not that I'd know.. I don't D&D).

It's not new that I can see.

That doesn't matter though....... new isn't a big deal. What is interesting, allows customzation, and is implemented well is what matters.

Peace

Back