The X-Factor

I'm not sure the right contestants are going through. Astro, for example, seems to be doing the same performance every week but the judges are not asking him to show different styles like they are the other contestants. And the group "Lakoda Rayne" to me doesn't seem to work well.

My predictions are Leroy Bell, Drew, and Melanie going the furthest (due to Simon's support alone if not on talent).

My predictions are Leroy Bell, Drew, and Melanie going the furthest (due to Simon's support alone if not on talent).
Well, guess I was wrong about Leroy. :( Can't even blame the judges this time since he ended up near the bottom as a result of public voting and his ultimate demise was due to a lower number of votes versus Marcus.

Well, looks like I was wrong on 2-out-of-3 of my predictions. :X3: Leroy and Drew are now both gone. I am surprised at Drew going home already; Astro going home is not a surprise.

I would love to see someone sing Iris!
Which of the contestants do you think would've done the best job with it?

OK, I'm confused about something..... :confused:

If the elimination between Rachel and Marcus came down to who got the least number of votes then shouldn't it have been Marcus who was eliminated since he has been in the bottom two multiple times while Rachel has not?

Some big changes as the result of the first season!

Entertainment Weekly is reporting today that Paula Abdul, Nicole Scherzinger, and host Steve Jones are all gone from the show. I am not surprised about Scherzinger & Jones not coming back but Abdul not coming back is unexpected considering the background of her & Simon Cowell.

Scherzinger is claiming it was her decision to not come back whereas both Jones & Abdul were effectively fired.

I heard Mariah Carey might be a judge!
Would hate to think how much they would have to pay her to be on the show. :eek: Between what they are already paying Simon that show would have to have incredible ratings to make any money if they brought on somebody as expensive as Mariah Carey would be.

Supposedly Britney Spears has been offered $10 Million to become an X-Factor judge.

Simon Cowell had the following to say about her...
Simon Cowell said:
I’m fascinated by Britney ... The fact that she’s one of the most talked about — not just pop stars but people — in the world today, means that you’ve got this star power. This girl has resilience. I would think that if she’s managed to sustain a family, a career, which is tough, (X Factor would be) a walk in the park. I would be fascinated to hear what she has to say. She’s still hot, she’s still having hit records and she’s still controversial. There’s a reason for that.

Just read that Britney turned down the $10 million offer. Sound like the $10 million was not enough. Her manager wants $20 million. She might sign on to do a Vegas show.

Back