The X-Files

Hey~
I personally am still in love with the show. even though it died. or so it seems. just wanted to start a discussion about it.
Anyone have a favorite season..?

Anyone have a favorite season..?

My sister bought seasons 1-3 on DVD. :D My mom, sister, and I used to be OBSESSED with this show.
My favorite seasons are like the first 6. :lol: Especially the seasons with Emily (season 4?) and Scully having cancer (season 5?).
I was so mad when Mulder left the show and Doggett was on and then Scully wasn't around much and they brought Moronica (name thanks to televisionwithoutpity.com) out... that's when I lost interest.

Existentialist said:
...I was so mad when Mulder left the show and Doggett was on and then Scully wasn't around much and they brought Moronica (name thanks to televisionwithoutpity.com) out... that's when I lost interest.
Yeah me to, then when he did come back he was'nt funny any more! He was the hole reason that I watched the show. :blush:

Funny. I started watching at season 1 thinking that the show wouldn't survive 1 season like most Friday night sci-fi shows (see Strange Luck, Firefly, etc., etc.). I liked it right off, but when they did the movie they started writing stories that separated Mulder and Scully a lot to accommodate the film shooting schedule, which I thought was bad for the series--and that trend didn't seem to improve much even after the movie was finished! Then, instead of throwing in the occasional funny, quirky story (which was good), they were trying to do it all the time, which I thought was bad for a series that was supposed to creep you out. So I started to watch less. I must have been one of the few who welcomed Robert Patrick's arrival (Try not to be too angry with me! It wasn't his fault Duchovny left!) because I watched more the last couple of seasons as they increased the number of creepy stories again. I know, I'm in the tiny (!) minority because most people loved Mulder so much! 'Course, I wasn't a big Duchovny fan or M/S shipper, so there wasn't a big disappointment factor for me when Duchovny decided to leave the series.

Me, I probably liked the first season the best, although there are classic episodes scattered throughout the years, even in the seasons I liked the least.

verdantheart said:
Funny. I started watching at season 1 thinking that the show wouldn't survive 1 season like most Friday night sci-fi shows (see Strange Luck, Firefly, etc., etc.). I liked it right off, but when they did the movie they started writing stories that separated Mulder and Scully a lot to accommodate the film shooting schedule, which I thought was bad for the series--and that trend didn't seem to improve much even after the movie was finished! Then, instead of throwing in the occasional funny, quirky story (which was good), they were trying to do it all the time, which I thought was bad for a series that was supposed to creep you out. So I started to watch less. I must have been one of the few who welcomed Robert Patrick's arrival (Try not to be too angry with me! It wasn't his fault Duchovny left!) because I watched more the last couple of seasons as they increased the number of creepy stories again. I know, I'm in the tiny (!) minority because most people loved Mulder so much! 'Course, I wasn't a big Duchovny fan or M/S shipper, so there wasn't a big disappointment factor for me when Duchovny decided to leave the series.

Me, I probably liked the first season the best, although there are classic episodes scattered throughout the years, even in the seasons I liked the least.
Wow :eek:...

Yes they did have lots (Ok, tons) of funny storys, and no longer creepy just silly. Witch was at first ok but then hen you want a show that will scare you pants off but the X-Files no longer did it. Now as you said there were sevral classic eps and there were still creepy episodes too but not as before. I think that the show may have got'n a new co-wrighter and he/she wanted to had some stuff that was not so scary to biring some of the younger veiwers in. Then they got a little cared away :lol: Maybe...

I love the episode closure it was so good. how it brought samatha back.. Mulder made me cry when his mother died but scully was there for him i love that part..

I think i remember watching some of the first season, but somehow lost interest and watched episodes from time to time, then stopped. You know, down here, they only just screened the series final last night. (Hey not my fault!) and i watched that.

i was soo mad when mulder lef scully and him are the show i was sooo sad...
i have the first three seasons on tape then 5 and 6 on dvd i love them all and i have a two big posters in my room of x files

i love X-files still . .i cum home from school and watch the reapeats on tv. .my mom thinks im stupid b/c im still obssesed with this show but i don't care my fav show was the last one *The Truth* Mulder and Scully were reunited!!

:lol: Moronica! LoL, love that one... i didn't mind the addition of Dogget, but i did REALLY miss mulder, and hated monica. I still love the show soo much, i watch re runs whenever i get a chance and it's still up there on my list of favorite tv shows :D

In retrospect, it doesn't look like leaving the show did much for Duchovny's career, either . . .
-_-

I watched the X-Files loyally from season 1, but lost iterest after the movie, and once Duchovny left, the show went downhill from there. The introduction of the new agents Riez and Dogget (sorry spelling), and the loss of Mulder, is what, I think, sent the show spirraling. When the show first begun it had great plot lines and the UST (M/S shippers out there) between Mulder and Scully was so thick you could have cut it with a knife. Each episode drew the viewers attention and held it till the end; but after the 6th season the many of the viewers including myself lost interest.
I tuned back in the during the show's finale, but was a bit dissappointed with the ending. I don't think they gave it as much closure as it needed. And to agree with vh, yes I don't think Duchovny's career wasn't the same after he left. Considering he did Evolution, and Return to Me, which weren't that bad, but neither did much of anything for his career. I think that Anderson suffered from the loss of Duchovny, a lot of her fame was gained through him and the show, and with the loss of Duchovny many of the viewers lost interest in even Scully. The first season is unforgetable, and the second and third were not that bad, but the rest left nothing to be disered. -_-

i watched them while i was on vacation. did anyone see the really swcary one with the subliminal messages, and the screens and electronical things sending messages? it was sooo scary! and i still cant decide if mulder is cute or not? but i love his personaliuty

o yes and in the episode i think i was all things they showed scully in the bathroom fixing her hair and mulder sleeping in her bed soooo cute

yea i love all things! did u know gillian anderson wrote and directed that? i thought it was an AWESOME episode. great music, and i LOVE the mulder/scully moments. im a total shipper!! i hope they get married in the new movie lol!

I wish i new when they were going to do the new movie its been forever they need to make one. alll be so sad if they dont. OOOOO if they get married I would be so happy but they need to get william back

Back