The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks, by Max Brooks

Omphalos

Orthodox Herbertarian
030740577X.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Those of you who have spent any time reading these review pages should know by now that there is really one thing that I will seek out with more fevor than SF: Zombie tales. To put it bluntly, I LOVE zombie stories, and the best one that I have ever found is Max Brooks' World War Z. So it was a feeling of gleeful shock that washed over me when in the Seattle/Tacoma airport that I stumbled upon Brook's newest work, The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks. The Zombie Survival Guide was Brooks' first published work; a tounge-in-cheek survival guide for when the zombie hordes rise from their graves and try to lunch on one's brains. The Recorded Attacks volume is an illustrated series of twelve vignettes about various zombie attacks that have occured in the past. When I saw it sitting on the shelf I did not even bother to open it. I was a little put back when the cashier told me I had to pay her $18 for the thing, but I figured "what the hell? It's Brooks! It can't be bad!" How wrong I was...Please click here, or on the book cover above, to be taken to the complete review..

I've got to say I really loved this book. However, my favorite was World War Z. I got the audio book, and it plays like a really creepy NPR report on the Zombie Apocalypse. It is written as a non-fiction book taking a historical look back on the war against the zombies. I highly recommend getting the audio book. Fascinating and terrifying!

Zombie Survivalists of Cool Sci-Fi

Ahh......it's still a great haunting movie theme, very atmospheric....and spooky.

Thanks for the book review Omphalos, I will steer clear of it.

And thank you Cinecallgal about the audiobook review, I hope it's on CD. However I did see someone had posted a story or two on Youtube.

Here's some ZOMBIE Fun!

Back