Their Eyes Were Watching God

AgentDesertRose

Tragic Romantic
Whoa...whoa...and whoa. I wasn't sure if I should start a topic for this or not, since it is a TV movie, although I bet it would succeed theatrically. Anyways, this movie is based off of Zora Neale Hurston's 1930s novel, Their Eyes Were Watching God. It was just on last night, March 6th, on ABC. So you all missed it. Hopefully it will come on again. However, those who did watch it, discuss. Was it as good as the book? Did you like Halle Berry's protrayal as Janie? What did you just think about the movie?

My answers- Definitely as good as the book, Halle was amazing, and the movie is so GOOD.

It was really good, but it was really sad...i mean 20 years serving Joe? :thud: And having to marry an old guy... eww! But in the end TK...he just had to get bit by that dog... :sadangel:

Riley xoxo

Ahh it was so sad! I liked how she let all the pigs free. Oh wow, I felt so depressed when we saw that Tea Cake stole her money, he was sooo nice! But then he came back.

full_bLown_Rose said:
It's like Oprah said:

It's a role Halle Barry was born to play
[post="1248329"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Definitely. I mean at first when I heard last year (after reading TEWWG) that Halle was playing the role, I wasn't quite sure she was right for the role. But as the premiere came closer, I realized that it just was Halle's role. No one else's.

Off-topic: 3800th post! W00T!