There are Rules Between a Man and a Woman

Okay,

With Dirty Dancing, Havana Nights coming out today, I think you will find this one parter appropriate. I would like to know if you can actually picture this in your mind. My love of ballroom (three years worth) had an influence on it.

LaFemme :redhair:

There are Rules between a Man and a Woman

Much unhappiness has come into this world because of things left unsaid –

. . . I think I’ve said enough . . .

. . . The problem Mr. Vaughn . . . is that to the one person it matters, you haven’t said anything . . .

He thought of what she had whispered to him.

. . . Nothing was said . . . rather much was left unsaid . . .

Walking down the long corridor, Vaughn had much to think about. He thought of his friends, of dying, of living, and of course . . . he thought of Sydney. Speaking with Irina Derevko, Vaughn hated to admit it, but she was right. He had come to talk to her, to thank her for helping Sydney save his life. Although Irina offered little physical movement in response to Vaughn’s thank you, she actually quite observant. As much as he tried to explain to Irina the “rules” that govern the relationship between a handler and his asset, Vaughn knew that Irina was right . . .

She asked him a simple question. However, the answer was something that eluded Vaughn for the moment. What about the relationship between a man and a woman?

Thinking back, Sydney’s entrance into Vaughn’s life was something he could not compartmentalize, no matter how hard he tried. He did his best to live a normal life, given what he did for a living. However, even Vaughn had to admit to Irina, that things had gotten harder since he met Sydney. He even acknowledged that knowing her actually made his life better in a small but significant way. Vaughn also told Irina that things were that much worse as a result of Sydney entering his life. The pain he felt on each mission Sydney carried out was indescribable. It began deep within, and finally rising to the point where he often felt sick. How he managed to keep his emotions to himself was beyond his state of mind. He wanted to tell someone, but he could not. After all, there were rules.

Rules usually made life simple for Vaughn.

Entering the Rotunda, things did not get any easier for Vaughn. Sydney was there; a smile adorned her face.

“Hi,” she began.

“Hi,” he answered in return. He wanted to say more, but Sydney did not give him the chance. Instead, she drew him into her embrace. Although he could not see her face, he could feel the tears of joy that gently fell from her cheeks onto his shoulder. He wished he could freeze this moment in time. Sighing, he knew he needed to tell Sydney how felt. He could no longer afford to leave things unsaid.
However, all he could manage was, “thank you.”

Their conversation quickly turned to business, discussing Sark’s alliance with Sloane, and then Vaughn did something he probably regretted mentioning, but it was necessary nonetheless. He talked about Alice. Vaughn could tell that the mere mention of her name brought up a wall once more between him and Sydney. He did his best to “explain” things to Sydney, but the hurt was done. She wanted to hear nothing of it. She turned and left, but not before giving him a smile; a smile of hope.

After that, as Kendall was about to strike up a conversation, Vaughn made a choice, but it was too late. He tried to catch up with Sydney, to tell her how he felt, but to no avail. By the time he got to the elevator, she was gone.

The day finished with little fanfare for Vaughn, but not before Weiss had convinced him to go with him to a new club that had just opened up. As much as Vaughn wanted to just go home, kick off his shoes and watch the Kings highlights, he agreed to go with Weiss to the club. He wasn’t sure why, but after his disastrous conversation with Sydney, he didn’t care. Maybe he went more out of a desire to shut Weiss up, than to cheer himself up. Whatever the reason, it didn’t matter. Looking at his watch, it was seven o’clock. The reports could wait until tomorrow.

It took Vaughn very little time to find the club. With a name like “Caliente” pasted up there in neon lights, it was hard to miss. Upon approaching the club, Vaughn saw Weiss and wanted to do an immediate about face.

“Oh no!” he protested. You DID NOT tell me this was a dance club. Vaughn hated the thought of dance with a passion. It wasn’t that he couldn’t dance, but rather, he did not have pleasant memories of dance growing up.

“Look,” Weiss began. “It’s not my fault that mom made you go five hundred cotillions as kid. Besides, this is great way to meet women!” Knowing that he was not going to win this battle, Vaughn followed Weiss into the club, shaking his head as he entered.

The interior of the club was nothing spectacular to speak of; small tables with chairs sprinkled through the club. The neon lights were actually done in a somewhat tasteful fashion. Of course, Vaughn couldn’t help but wonder how long it would be until this club fell apart like all the rest he’d seen in Los Angeles.

Scanning the interior further, Vaughn noticed that the lighting was dim; perhaps allowing one to see what one wanted or did not want. Slowly Vaughn made his way over to the bar while Weiss began to “scope out the action” as he had put it. Shaking his head, Vaughn smiled. Only Weiss would think he could find the love of his life in a club.

Vaughn ordered his drink and waited, listening to the music as blared through the club. Just then, the DJ’s voice came over the sound system, “Okay ladies it’s that time! This is the ladies choice for a dance. So guys if the lady asks, be a gentleman and say yes, no matter what YOU look like.” Vaughn chuckled as listened to the DJ continue to urge all ladies to “grab a man and make him yours.” He was about to return to an empty table and wait for Weiss’ return, when he felt the tap of a woman’s fingers on his shoulder.

“May I?” she asked, her voice betraying a slight trace of seduction.

Vaughn was about to politely turn the lady down, “Look, I know what the DJ said, but . . . “

“Vaughn?” the woman was Sydney.

“Sydney?” Vaughn was caught off guard, but Sydney quickly took control of the conversation.

“So do I get my dance?” she asked with seductiveness still evident in her voice.

“Well I uh . . . sure,” Vaughn stammered as Sydney extended her hand. Taking his hand in hers, the two of them made to their way to the dance floor. As they made their way to the floor, Vaughn couldn’t help but take in Sydney’s appearance. She wore a red fringe dress; resting about six inches or so above her knee. Sydney’s ensemble was complimented by three-inch red shoes and choker with a ruby stone centered in the middle. Every movement, every step she took made the dress move. It was becoming very intoxicating

“So what dance are we doing?” Vaughn asked, trying to ignore the effect she was having upon him; it wasn’t working.

“Salsa I think,” Sydney answered.

‘Salsa?’ Vaughn thought. He hadn’t danced for quite some time. His only memory was that of the cotillions his mother used to make him attend as a child. He shuddered at that memory and quickly banished it to the recesses of his mind.

“Ready?” Sydney asked, bringing Vaughn back to the present. Vaughn nodded as the music began to play.

Sydney and Vaughn listened as the music began to play. It began as a slow salsa, gradually picking up the beat. For the two of them, feeling the music was as second nature. The count was simple. 2 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . 4

The world divides from the bitter sweetness love provides
I will redefine my place within this union

Vaughn made the first move, drawing Sydney closer to him. They were now mere inches apart. If he couldn’t say what he felt to Sydney then he made a vow to himself that he would show her how he felt. Slowly, still keeping in beat with the music, Vaughn began to run his hands down the length of Sydney’s arms, resting when he reached her small waist.

If a word is a lie and the better me can show its side
I will try to find my way to higher ground

Sydney closed her eyes, enjoying the feel on Vaughn’s hands on her skin. In response, she placed her arms around his neck, drawing him even closer than they already were; her bare skin against his. She could feel the heat of his breath on her skin and surprisingly enough, Sydney found herself getting aroused. She could feel a dampness beginning to form between her legs. She couldn’t help but wonder if Vaughn felt the same way too.

Oh, there’s a million stories
And a million ways to get there from here

Vaughn too, felt the dampness between Sydney’s legs. His body responded appropriately; his own throbbing arousal wanting to break free from its confinement. However, now was not the time; that would happen at another place; or in another time. That did not mean, though, that Vaughn could not have some fun.

Baby, I’m gonna put your skin on mine
Be inside you all my life
But if you let your heart open up your mind
There’s a whole new world on the other side

Keeping one hand on Sydney’s hip, Vaughn allowed the other hand to slide further down along the inside of Sydney’s thigh, touching, exploring, until he found what he wanted and smiled.

Sydney’s eyes suddenly had a new fire burning within, thanks in part to Vaughn. She knew what he was doing and decided for herself that turnabout was fair play. Slowly, Sydney removed one of her hands that had been resting near Vaughn’s neck and began to let it slide along Vaughn’s chest; raking him slightly through the thin fabric of the shirt he was wearing. Finally it found its resting place; Vaughn’s waist; where at that moment, Sydney slid one finger inside Vaughn’s pants. She looked into his eyes; searching for his reaction to her countermove.

I’m gonna to be your satellite
Now hang over your world at night
And I can hear your sleep beneath the candlelight
I can see your dream like they were mine

Vaughn’s countermove was something Sydney did not expect. He pushed her away. She was about to say something, when Vaughn’s right hand connected with Sydney’s left hand. He pulled her back so that she was now in front of him. She felt his hot breath on the back of her neck. The effect was exactly what Vaughn wanted; Sydney tilted her head, resting it on his shoulder, allowing him full access to her lips. Vaughn did not let this opportunity pass; brushing his lips against hers. He wanted more, but again reminded himself that there would be a time for that . . . later.

When I . . . I hear you scream . . . I hear you cry
It makes me realize that I . . . am only human
If a world relies on the balance between love and pride
Then I’ll abandon all my pride and bring you love

Sydney was about to plan another countermove, when Vaughn surprised her once more. Spinning her quickly, he caught Sydney, placing one hand on her lower back and the other hand a bit further up. Sydney decided she could still tease and began to bend backward; going into a full backbend. As she pulled away, Vaughn leaned forward, wanting to steal one more kiss. His one hand supported her back, while the other inched its way up to her breasts.

Oh there’s a million reasons
And a million ways to get to your heart
Baby I’m gonna make your step outside the corners of your world and find
That if you let your heart open up your mind

As Vaughn leaned in to take his kiss, Sydney reached down with her one hand and found Vaughn’s throbbing arousal; aching to be released. Since there was no possibility of that occurring, Sydney decided a little more “fun” was in order.

Sydney and Vaughn’s little dance between themselves had begun to take on a life of its own. Without realizing it, many of the patrons of the club cleared the floor, giving Sydney and Vaughn a chance to do what they wanted. It was clear to everyone watching that they were truly in their own world and truly in love. Their passion had simply exploded on the dance floor. Almost everyone became transfixed as this pair moved as one, bodies joined together, each knowing what the other wanted without a single word being spoken.

Baby, I’m gonna put your skin on mine
Be inside you all my life
But if you let your heart open up your mind

As they continued in their own world, Sydney and Vaughn’s duel continued to escalate, finally producing a move that no one could believe. As they danced, Vaughn allowed Sydney to fall to his ride side. Everyone thought she was going to hit the floor, but Vaughn had one final move up his sleeve. As Sydney came within inches of the floor, Vaughn strategically placed his foot near Sydney, catching her on his heel AND flipping her back up where they finished their dance with one long, slow and languorous dip.

It wasn’t until the music died down that Sydney and Vaughn realized the extent of the show they’d just performed for the audience. Attempting to exit the floor, they were halted by the overwhelming applause. Finally, they made their way off the floor.

“So,” Vaughn began.

“So,” Sydney answered, unable to believe what they had just done.

“I’ll see you at work on Monday?” Vaughn offered.

“Yeah, Monday,” Sydney answered, still trying to catch her breath.

It was at that moment, Vaughn saw Weiss approaching. He looked dejected.

“What’s up?” Vaughn asked him.

“Eh, this place is boring. The women here are nothing special. How’d you do?”

“Okay. Some lady asked me to dance and I said yes.” Vaughn told him.

“You? Dance? Well I take I didn’t miss much?”

“No, not much,” Vaughn informed him as they head out the club. Although he and Sydney shared few words, Vaughn knew one thing for certain. While much was still left unsaid, there was so much that WAS said tonight . . . without a single word spoken.

Well hopefully, this WARMS things up on a cold Friday night.

LaFemme :redhair:

Back