These Forums... why?

Don't joke about that! I used to have text dreams and they're weird..

No kidding! Every bit as strange as a wierd dream, but written in text.

"You are walking through a dark sewer. Fog seems to rise from the murky water that stretches out endlessly in front of you. You see Chainsaw Barney. You also see an Oompa Looma.

Obvious Exits: North"

No kidding! Every bit as strange as a wierd dream, but written in text.

"You are walking through a dark sewer. Fog seems to rise from the murky water that stretches out endlessly in front of you. You see Chainsaw Barney. You also see an Oompa Looma.

Obvious Exits: North"

>advance Chainsaw Barney

I've had a few dreams that I was actually in DR, but they weren't text...

Hooray for a good imagination!

There've been times when I was so tired, I kept trying to save before I went to sleep, for like ten minutes, but, like... I wasn't playing a game. Then I just got frustrated and plopped down into bed. Didn't take long to get to sleep, then.

That's just strange.

I really love the times when I'm trying to fall asleep and I'll be thinking about random whatever, and I'll think about falling off of something and my body will jerk itself back to consciousness so I don't get hurt.
bajajajaj

That's just strange.

I really love the times when I'm trying to fall asleep and I'll be thinking about random whatever, and I'll think about falling off of something and my body will jerk itself back to consciousness so I don't get hurt.
bajajajaj

I really, really hate that sensation. I've had it where I don't even remember if I was falling off of something or what happened at all- My body jerks violently and I'm back awake and wondering what the hell happened.

I really, really hate that sensation. I've had it where I don't even remember if I was falling off of something or what happened at all- My body jerks violently and I'm back awake and wondering what the hell happened.

That's how it happens to me, too. Only, I just feel like something horrible is about to happen, so I can't get back to sleep... :(2

I think it's so funny when it happens.

What I don't like are bad dreams. I had two last night.

The first one was me and I think my friend and my boyfriend's mom, and we were sitting in a house downstairs talking about ICP's new CD, The Tempest (I don't know why his mom would talk to us about them though). It was really cloudy outside and I was thinking "Those clouds look really low" but then I realized they WERE really low, and they descended and touched the ground. It wasn't like fog, it was more like really thick grey clouds, but they kept lowering to the ground and every time it touched it was like a huge BOOM!

So then his mom left or something? And my friend and I were upstairs and she was trying to put together this really deformed bowflex, and my boyfriend came into the room (but it wasn't MY boyfriend, it was just a dream boyfriend). He told me to come downstairs with him, and my friend and I were telling him we have to be careful because there's a killer around and a lot of people have been dying lately.

So we get downstairs and he's messing around with something on the floor, and I run over to him, but kinda skid on the floor (wood with socks). Anyway he gets up and we go toward the door. There is a man standing there, kinda short and almost stocky, with glasses and medium length hair.. And he's got a knife in his hand. (for some reason at this point there's another kid in the dream) And the kid runs into the kitchen, my friend freaks out and I'm not sure where she goes, and my (dream) boyfriend turns to me and says "This is my Dad".

I tried to grab a gun from my (dream) boyfriend's back pocket (this is weird though, it was a handgun while it was in his pocket, but once I had it, it was a shotgun). So I've got the gun and I'm aiming it at his dad, and I fire it, but there's no bullets!!! So I run to the neighbor's house, and there are a bunch of kids living there. The boyfriend and Dad are standing right next to me, while I'm screaming at them to help me, they're telling them I'm having a breakdown and going crazy. I get into the house and then a door on the side of the house opens. It's the kid from my house who ran into the kitchen, but he's bleeding pretty badly from the throat (although not deadly). The neighbors are staring at us, and me and that kid freakin RUN!

So we're running in the backyards, along this fence, just about as fast as we can go. We run on for a little bit, until we get near the end of the street, and then we see car headlights coming into the backyards. It freaked me out pretty badly, but then some drunk old man and woman get out of the car all giggling. So we run on a little while, and then

I wake up.

So I'm all like blah it's like 6 am, I'm going back to sleep.

So I'm sleeping again, and I'm with some other kid, and he's looking for his sister. My cat will follow me around in real life, and he was doing it in the dream also. We were walking by a highway, and the cat ran into it. I yelled at him to stop (because sometimes he doesn't look both ways! although he's getting pretty good about it now, how weird is that?) but he keeps going, and then BAM he gets hit by a car. Instead of me running over to him though, the dream just kinda pulled him to me, and I pulled him into my arms. He looked up at me all sad, and gave a kinda little "row" like he knew he should have listened to me. Then I got all freaked out

I had to go see the cat after that.

so those were my bad dreams for last night.

A bad dream where she had a shotgun

When I was a kid, I used to have terrible dreams all the time (really worried my parents), so I got sent to the shrink. I don't recall what he told me (I was 5), but since then, I've had some control over my dreams and far too many start out bad, but then turn awesome.

Like, when you pulled the shotgun that was supposed to be a handgun out of the bad - that's the kind of stuff that can happen now, but it wouldn't be short of bullets.

I'm not sure what this has to do with the topic, or even why you'd care, but I'm sharing it anyway.

I actually haven't had many dreams in a long time. I don't think I've been sleeping well lately... and when I do sleep, I just close my eyes and wake up as if nothing happened, hours later. So, either I'm not dreaming, or I am dreaming and just not remembering a think.

But one dream I shall never forget is when I was a little kid...

I was a Fraggle. Now, you might think this would be an awesome and fun dream... but oh no. See, I was a fairly logical kid. Thus, in my dream I was a Fraggle... but I was a puppet. I couldn't talk because my mouth was made of cloth. I couldn't eat or drink and all I could do was run around and moan and make muffled sounds while all the other Fraggles laughed at me.

So I tried to escape the dark Fraggle hole with all the looming shadows, and ran out into a storm.

I knew the storm would ruin me, because... well, I was a felt puppet. So, I looked for shelter. Suddenly all I hear is this thumping, but I can't see anything in the dark of the night and the storm. Then, all the other Fraggles come rushing by me in the dark, knocking me around and spinning me all over. I fell in the mud. Lightning was crashing and then I caught a glimpse of the Giants... you know the ones... only they weren't goofy and slow in this dream... oh no... they were about 10 times the size, and very ominous.

So I ran, the ground shaking, the rain beating me down and weighing me down, to follow the other Fraggles. Finally, we got under this HUGE metal bucket that was upside down. So there I was. Huddled, unable to speak or say anything, soaked and shivering (even though I was felt... it was REALLY weird), and all giants were thumping outside the bucket... huge feet clumping around as the storm bellowed overhead and the rain sounded like it would pound through the bucket.

And all the Fraggles were packed and huddled tight around me, dripping wet, with all eyes locked on me in the center as they whispered "Down in Fraggle rock... down in Fraggle ROCK... DOWN in FRAGGLE ROCK" over and over and over again.

Then I woke up. And wrote that one down so I'd never forget it.

I still always loved Fraggle Rock though... I knew it was just a dream, no matter how disturbing.

But still... pretty damn disturbing, and it's always haunted me that I had SUCH a weird dream.

I have wierd dreams... I have lots and lots of weird dreams. Problem is I always forget them, oh I remember them long enough to tell them to Tyrswind but then forget them somehow.

I remember one where I was dressed in as a banshee (My art club in high school put on a haunted house every year for halloween. My favorite costume was a matted long blond wig, a ripped lace dress and black contact lenses, that'd be what I was wearing) and had to run around collecting hearts (as in "Hello there, sir. I need your heart, sorry" *yoink from chest, watch guy die*). Why was I collecting hearts? Because I needed them to power the lights that lit up a painting of a town street in my living room.

*thinks*

Blast! Now I can't remember any others, maybe Tryswind can remind me of more. But I have the Fraggle Rock song in my head now.

I think this was for a Psych class experiment back in college, but I used to keep a notepad next to my bed so I could write down my dreams the moment I awoke. It is amazing how quickly you will forget your dreams upon waking. If you really want to remember them, try that.

I think this was for a Psych class experiment back in college, but I used to keep a notepad next to my bed so I could write down my dreams the moment I awoke. It is amazing how quickly you will forget your dreams upon waking. If you really want to remember them, try that.

That is exactly the way to do it. I used to keep a Dream Journal and many people still do.

Yeah I had to do that for an acting class once.

But honestly, after you discover you can dream dreams like I could as a kid, would YOU want to keep a dream journal to "remember" everything? :-/

Now that I think about it, the goal of that Psych experiment was Lucid Dreaming. - To realize you are dreaming and then take control of your dreams.

I remember doing 'reality checks' throughout the day with the idea that, once they became a habit, you would eventually do a 'reality check' in your dream to be able to take control of it. The dream journal was a record for that.

Back