Season 4 They can't even get a picture of Lena Olin?!

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
I mean, this woman was on the show for a whole year!

J.J. can't call her up and tell her if she can please take a picture of herself holding a baby and send it to them?!

I just thought we wouldn't see Irina again. Since Lena wasn't coming back, it was good that they finally put some closure to her character (in some ways at least), but then they do THIS!

I mean it's just a damn picture! They can't get a pic of Lena Olin?!??!

Jeeeeez!

In Season 1 it was OK because Lena wasn't even on the show yet, they had to get someone to play the part, but now it's just too much for me! I was really pissed about this for a while.

Well, the picture was supposed to be at least 30 years old, iso t would be kind of foolish for them to use a present-day photo of LO, don't you think? Also, I think that's the same woman they've used in other early pictures of Irina, so its really more in continuity than an actual picture of Lena Olin.

And, that is kind of a wierd request, I mean, she'd have to find a baby whose parents wouldn't mind having a picture of their child appear on TV, take the picture, send it to LA...that's a lot of work for someone who doesn't want to be involved in the show, like it or not.

Agreed. Although I was thinking along the same lines as ivand67, I put it aside. Its better than bringing Irena back with a different actor!

And the thing is, they wouldn't even have needed to take an actual picture of her. With computer imaging, they could have used an old picture of her from one of her movies and just grafted it onto the image. I'm thinking that once her contract expired she wouldn't allow them to use ANY images of her at all for the show. (They might have contacted her and tried.) Otherwise they probably would have, just to have some part of Irina around.

Actually, I thought the picture looked a lot like Mia Maestro. But it wasn't her, was it?

Azalea said:
Actually, I thought the picture looked a lot like Mia Maestro.  But it wasn't her, was it?
[post="1174032"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, it really did resemble her I noticed too. I wonder if it was her! :thinking:

Azalea said:
Actually, I thought the picture looked a lot like Mia Maestro.  But it wasn't her, was it?

yeah i thought the picture was obviously meant to be "young" irina but I thought they were implying she looked like Nadia. (y)

i certainly don't think they couldnt get a pic of lena olin if they so desried :rolleyes:

Azalea said:
And the thing is, they wouldn't even have needed to take an actual picture of her.  With computer imaging, they could have used an old picture of her from one of her movies and just grafted it onto the image.
First, they can't just use a picture of her, they have to negotiate rights with the actress/agent & that can be expensive--and if they use an image from an old film, they have to negotiate rights for that as well. It can get complicated. (After the way things worked out last year, I wouldn't blame them if they didn't want to bother negotiating with her agent again . . . :mellow:smiley:

Meanwhile, they've previously used other actresses to play the young Irina (season 1). I don't see the name of the actress used in the credits up on IMDb, but she looks consistent.

Like previously stated, that was the same person they used for pictures of young Irina in season one. So it's probably just continuity. Although, I did a striking resemblance to Mia.

Why is this even an issue?!?! They for one needed a younger version of Irina so it would be foolish to use a current picture of her, plus even if they wanted to use a picture of her there is a whole bunch of legal matters attached to it.

I'd say close this topic, cuz frankly its not worth the time. Plus its already stated she's not coming back, what makes you think they can even get a picture!

aliasfanjay said:
Agreed. Although I was thinking along the same lines as ivand67, I put it aside. Its better than bringing Irena back with a different actor!
[post="1173921"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ooooh if they EVER did that... grrrrrrrrrrrr

ANyone notice that they flipped the photo at one point? When Jack held it up it was reversed from the other times we saw it (that is, the baby was on her left hip instead of her right). No biggie, but this is the first blatant inconsistency I have seen on this show...

Can you tell I have to work with photos alot? :P

Lena (or her agent) probably would have wanted alot of money to do it anyways.... :lol:

And yea I noticed the pic. looked an awful lot like Mia... It probably was her because in one of the other pics., one looked like Jen....

Rinda said:
ANyone notice that they flipped the photo at one point?  When Jack held it up it was reversed from the other times we saw it (that is, the baby was on her left hip instead of her right).  No biggie, but this is the first blatant inconsistency I have seen on this show... 

Can you tell I have to work with photos alot? :P
[post="1176766"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

that's the subject of a thread I started also in the "Ice" fourm.

yah i thought it woulda been cool if they had been able to get either an old picture of Lena Olin and altered it into that picture. but Lena has been really difficult about being on the show and i doubt she would've give permission for it, and they would've had to get her permission and maybe even pay her. easier just to use someone else in the picture.

ALiAs_AgEnT_423 said:
Why is this even an issue?!?! They for one needed a younger version of Irina so it would be foolish to use a current picture of her, plus even if they wanted to use a picture of her there is a whole bunch of legal matters attached to it.

I'd say close this topic, cuz frankly its not worth the time. Plus its already stated she's not coming back, what makes you think they can even get a picture!
[post="1175275"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Agree wholeheartedly. This is one of those things we'll just have to say oh well about and move on.

I don't understand why people don't get that money had nothing to do with her not wanting to return to Alias. There are articles that explain why she didn't return, read them before making wrong assumptions.

And FYI, she fired her old agent because he lead JJ and co. to believe she's willing to sign on for another season when she wasn't.

I'm sure they would have to get her permission to use her picture, but I'm also betting that she wasn't even approached on the matter.

I must admit, this disappointed me too. I didn't really expect Lena Olin to show up on the picture, and I was right.

It's the sort of thing though that takes a little of the credibility away from the show. Maybe they could sort this out on future DVD's somehow, stick an old Olin photo back in, now relations with her are better. It'd be great if they did the same to all those old Season 1 photos of 'Laura' too.

Back