Things I'd like to see in dungeons

Originally posted by Kickinbama@May 5 2006, 02:30 PM
i don't want the entire questing system to be puzzle based either. but i won't play HJ a week if it is like WOW or EQ. been there and done that... and i don't play those anymore b/c they get boring fast. thats why diversifying quests/instancees is important. i hope grinding is a thing of the past. Simutronics has a rep for being original. grinding is the epitome of being unoriginal.
Well, if you've read all of the articles, you would know it's nothing like WoW, EQ, or any other clone for that matter.

There's nothing we can do about other games with their grinding and static quests.

But we can hope for the best. :lol:

I would like to see some puzzles,
More than one way to open a door, like picking a lock, solving a puzzle or maybe even bashing it in with different rewards for each one.
Hiding places to either hide from others or to overhear something happening ahead.
A way to save your position in a dungeon if you have to leave.
Some shorter dungeons to go through.

I wouldn't mind puzzles, but hopefully not overdone. I don't want every dungeon to be a puzzle... I have done all the Myst games so many times, I'm kind of tired of puzzles in games B)

I would ask that dungeons not *require* certain classes/styles to complete... ie: "Lockpicking" could be used, but not required... My warrior my not know that skill :thinking:

~ Jaraeth

Traps and puzzles are fun. There should be some that one person can deal with and others that mulitple people can deal with. Puzzles, for example, that split the party up then they have do their own little puzzles to open the way forward. All this in limited doses of course.

I'd like a nice variety of dungeons too. Not just caves and worked stone labyrinths but castles, shifting walls of ivy, cyristaline caverns, inside of a clock tower....anything unique.

I'd also like to see the environment used for encounters...like was demo'd mentioned in previews. I want that wierd bog in the corner to either come to life or have a skeletal victim come out for vengence on the living. Maybe attacking the swinging pendilum to make it break off and crash into a wall leading to a secret part of the dungeon.

You know all the fun stuff :D

As a warrior, Jaraeth, you won't need locking picking. You have a huge weapon that makes puny locks wet themselves. Catch my drift?

Back