Politics Thinking of Enlisting?

I actually tried to get into the Army.. and doing Military Intelligence had been my career plan since I was a small girl. All was going according to plan, and I was a few weeks into ROTC at my University when they called me in. Seems that since I had written in somewhere in my paperwork that I was diagnosed with asthma when I was around 12 years-old.. that I was excluded and could not join the military at all (a fact my recruiter somehow neglected to mention :blink: ) Anyway, I simply had to switch my future plans.. but if they asked me, I'd join in a second. You can't do a job like that for college money, or glorified ideas of travelling the world.. You do it because you believe in it; the good and bad. Problem is they use the former to recruit.. and hide the harshness that can be in store.. so you have these young men and women who just want to get a free college degree, and aren't in it for the right reasons. Ironically, I knew what I was getting into.. but my medical past got me excluded. *shrug*

Back