This book is mandatory!

AlexM

Captain
if you have not read Light by M. John Harrison, youre missing a big thing. i think its the best SF ive read in at least two years. An inventive, brilliant book that I recommend to all. make a point to check this one out

Light

(2002)
A novel by
M John Harrison

Awards
Arthur C. Clarke Award (nominee)
"[SIZE=-1]Light is Brilliant.[/SIZE]"
[SIZE=-1]Iain Banks[/SIZE]

Beneath the unbearable light of the Kefahuchi Tract - a huge, fulminating ocean of radiant energy deep in the galaxy - three objects lie on the barren surface of an asteroid: an abandoned spacecraft, a pair of what look like bone dice, and a human skeleton. What are they, and what do they mean?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0553382950/?tag=coolscifi-20

kr236rk

Scout
Read the 'Empty Space Trilogy', found it intriguing if rather bleak. The denouement left me hungry for more.

Tom

An Old Friend
youre missing a big thing. i think its the best SF ive read in at least two years. An inventive, brilliant book that I recommend to all. make a point to check this one out
Why?
What was so amazing about it that hasn't already been told?
Some people will argure that the Bible is a brilliant and inventive book.

Then I just need to ask why it is mandatory?
If I don't read it what do I "not" qualify for besides having reference to discuss the details?

kr236rk

Scout
Good idea to give fairly objective reasons for what you like or dislike about a book, any book.

kr236rk

Scout
There's a lot of the Strugatsky 'Zone' in Harrison, but the Zone has a core; Harrison's nucleus I found difficult to determine.

Top Bottom