Politics This just in: Christopher Reeve dead at 52

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
Click here for the news release.

Not a good day... -_-

OK before someone says it, I wonder if this will stir up the controversy even more in the Presidential election when it comes to stem cell research.

I don't know what to say, I just feel bad for him...

I saw this this morning.... it is terrible news....

he actually died of heart failure that was the result of an infection. The infection possilby came from a bedsore.... And ms.katejones, a bedsore is something you get if you don't have alot of movement.

And I hate to see politics discussed in respects to Christopher Reeve dying -- but sadly, it is inevitable.... :(

freakforalias said:
I saw this this morning.... it is terrible news....

he actually died of heart failure that was the result of an infection.  The infection possilby came from a bedsore.... And ms.katejones, a bedsore is something you get if you don't have alot of movement.

And I hate to see politics discussed in respects to Christopher Reeve dying -- but sadly, it is inevitable....  :(
[post="1024846"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thanks for the answer. Yeah, it is sad.

freakforalias said:
And I hate to see politics discussed in respects to Christopher Reeve dying -- but sadly, it is inevitable....  :(
[post="1024846"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It IS inevitable... that's why I brought it up cuz you know they're gonna talk about it like crazy anyway. And it's not right...

ivand67 said:
It IS inevitable... that's why I brought it up cuz you know they're gonna talk about it like crazy anyway. And it's not right...
[post="1024857"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know.... it' sooo not right.... and it's already starting.... Kerry has brought it up already and I'm sure Bush will as well..... :( :( :(

The world has lost a truly great person. Reeve did fantastic things for spinal cord injuries... not just research, but the fact that life isn't over for you if you become paralyzed. To me, he is a symbol of hope.

I believe that stem cell research is incredibly important. I mean, before it happens, all the risks involved must be calculated, but I think research should be government funded. The country can't acknowledge that cancer/other diseases/paralysis is a problem without wanting to do something about it. Some people say that it is the doctors "playing God" and it shouldn't happen... but if you believe in God, then don't you also believe that everything (including stem cells) was created by God?

In an unrelated note, I've always had high respect for Reeve because he never blamed his horse for the accident.

Back