This Little Light of Mine!

Rics

Cadet
Hero’s Journey’s minimap is fully integrated into the services system, having features for easily advertising your services, as well as making it easy to locate others whose services you want. When players open the services dialog, they can either toggle their own service beacons, or filter for those that they seek. Characters with active service beacons are displayed on each other player’s minimap with icons indicating the type of services being provided. This lets players take advantage of various locations in and around towns to “set up shop."

While the service are nice--albeit nothing to stand in awe over--I find the "beacon" system integrated into the minimap to be the most exciting. This will really help to single out the services you need rather than having to spam the chat channels and send tells. Complete with a toggle mode so we don't have to live through a minimap lit up like fireflys when we're not searching for service.

Nice little feature. I remember the days of EQ when there were no bazaars or such, where we had to stand around shouting our wares. *shiver* Never again please! lol

Just hope there is a mechanism to prevent the minimap from getting saturated with little dots in areas that are congested with avatars.

Originally posted by Presto@May 24 2006, 03:36 PM
Just hope there is a mechanism to prevent the minimap from getting saturated with little dots in areas that are congested with avatars.
Well it did say you could just turn it off if you weren't looking for a service. If you are looking for a service, say Repair, then you can tell to only show those that are offering that service and that will only be people that have expressly gone in and turned on their "for hire" flag.

This is a really cool idea, I will rejoice when I no longer see.

"SELLING UBER FLAMING SWORD OF PWNAGE!! 1505G!"

"SELLING FIERY, ICY, LAVA, ROCK, AND ARMOR ENCHANTS!"

Just a nice little feature to do all that for us! :D

Originally posted by JonDDA@May 24 2006, 08:50 PM
This is a really cool idea, I will rejoice when I no longer see.

"SELLING UBER FLAMING SWORD OF PWNAGE!! 1505G!"

"SELLING FIERY, ICY, LAVA, ROCK, AND ARMOR ENCHANTS!"

Just a nice little feature to do all that for us! :D
Sadly, I don't think we can implement a system that will completely prevent that. I mean I see people sitting around selling stuff all the time in WoW when there's a perfectly good auction house system. Same thing in EQ2 on there it's even worse since people spam the trade channel with stuff they're selling in merchant mode in their inn room. Stuff I could have found by searching if I was looking for it.

Honestly a system like this is well-welcomed in my eyes. I'm looking forward to seeing the mini-map, and all of hte functions that it will represent in my quests inside Elanthia.

Back