This Time Around

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~Chapter 7</span>

Michael’s reaction to seeing Sydney was a delayed one. All he did was stare at her for what seemed like forever. Sydney began to feel unsure about coming over; before she had come over he looked happy...now his face mirrored that of dead persons…lifeless and white. If Brook hadn’t interrupted their stare down they would have stayed like that for quiet a bit longer.

“Well this is umm awkward and exciting now isn’t It.”? Brook stated looking from Sydney to Michael who were still starring at each other. Out of nowhere Michael broke out into a huge smile while looking at Sydney. Sydney didn’t know how to respond to that either, mainly because that’s not something she expected. She awkwardly smiled back. Michael moved to give her a hug.
While Sydney was in the bathroom she swore to herself that she wouldn’t fall in love with Michael Vaughn again. She just couldn’t she didn’t deserve to have him. But as she came back to reality and felt Michaels arms wrap tightly around her she felt so safe and so warm and suddenly got a butterfly feeling in the pit of her stomach. She mentally slapped herself for feeling this way already going against her own word.

They pulled apart and were standing dangerously close, part of Sydney was screaming kiss me kiss me please just kiss me you fool and the other was listing all the reasons why that would be so wrong. She leaned in just slightly and was about to make a big mistake when she heard Francies voice over her own thoughts that were now screaming at each other. She jerked away quickly making Michael step back, she began looking at her feet and glanced quickly up to look at Michaels face which looked hurt.

She didn’t blame him because she had just almost knocked him out had she pushed hard enough. She knew she should be listening to what Francie was saying and turned to look at her. Sure enough she was speaking but she didn’t hear anything because out of the corner of her eye she saw Michael staring at her. She suddenly saw a hand waving in front of her face, which snapped her out of her trance
“Earth to Sydney I’m over here!” Francie said from the spot right in front of her. Some how while she was day dreaming Francie had moved from behind the bar and now stood in front of her looking rather angry.

“Yeah sorry Francie you were saying”? She said trying to brush off the fact that Michael was still looking in her direction. He’s looking at Francie Sydney get over yourself!
Francie looked questionly at her then continued with her earlier statement and this time Sydney was determined to listen.

“ I asked how you and Michael knew each other in high school”? Francie finished crossing her arms oh sh*t she knows! Sydney stumbled to find her words not sure if she should be completely honest and if she did then what would Michael say what if she mis interpreted something way back when and he didn’t mean it that way she felt it.

“Umm we were like…”Michael cut her off “she was a really good friend who I dated off and on.” He finished looking at Francie. Sydney felt like crying but held in her tears. Sure they had broken up but just once and it was because Michael moved then moved back, and they were never just friends they were always boyfriend and girlfriend that’s just the kind of relationship they had. At hearing this she knew he was no longer interested in her, or was he ever she questioned herself. Brook must have sensed her uneasiness maybe the look on her face gave it away but she wasn’t sure, she was to busy blinking back tears that threatened to fall.
“Yeah we all had some really good times back then! We still can too! Umm I have a house warming party coming up and I want to invite you all.,” she said waving amongst them. “Well it’s not really a house warming party just a bunch of friends hanging out and eating.” She said smiling. Sydney had to laugh at the comment Brook just said knowing she was trying her hardest to break the brick wall that had formed around us all.

Sydney glanced up at the clock on the wall and saw that she was 15 minutes late for work. “Oh felgercarb! I would love to stay here and talk with you all but I reeeeally need to get back to work I’m already late.” Sydney said only half lying she really was late, but she had no desire to stay and talk the thought of that made her uneasy.

If her and Michael were going to talk then they would do it with out Francie standing there. Sydney didn’t know what to do normally she would have hugged Francie and Brook goodbye but she couldn’t with Michael there because then she would have to hug him.
“Umm Brook, Shawn mentioned the party so I’ll just find out the information from him and I’ll see you there”? She said smiling at Brook.

“You better be there Bristow someone has to help me keep those men inline!” she finished smiling. The comment made Sydney laugh softly.

She glanced at all of them quickly before awkwardly waving and saying goodbye before going to the table her and Brook had earlier occupied. She grabbed her coat and purse and began to walk out the door when she felt a hand grab her arm. She turned around to see Michael’s bright green eyes looking back at her. Seeing him caught her by surprise she thought maybe it was Brook, but she didn’t expect to see him.

“Let me walk you to your car”? He said more as a question than a statement. Sydney just shook her head not finding the words she needed to answer him. He understood and opened the door for her. She felt his hand lightly on her back guiding her out the door and out into the parking lot.

…sooooooo should I go hide under a rock?? Lol not sure I would fit but I’ll try if I have too!! I’m not to happy about how this chapter turned out I wrote this chapter 3 different ways and this one was the best out of them all…so let me know what you think!!!And thanks for waiting.

sydneyluvsvaughn4eva said:
hahahaaaaaa me first! no hiding! loved it!
[post="1149333"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

sydney_alias_vaughn said:
that was great,
really good chapter
no need for hiding
can't wait for more
update soon
again
thanx for the PM
Molly
[post="1149335"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol are you guys sure??? ok i guess i wont hide after all...maybe write another chapter soon?? :angelic:

WOW that was freakin awesome, why does everyone go hide after writing a fantastuc chapter, i don't get it!! Anyways, awesome, UPDATE SOON!!! PLLLLLLLLLLLLEASE! So addicted :smiley:

Thanks for the PM!

No hiding!
That was great
you should write another chapter soon, like now
Man, I hope Vaughn retracts that statement about them just being friends
Cayse they are soulmates!
I hope he asks her out when he is walking her to her car!
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please!

awww. i hope its not all akward between them. why did Vaughn say they dated on n off in high school? they were clearly together. he nearly proposed at the airport!
great update. but we need to know what happens with them. thanks 4 the pm.
~kaitlyn

AGH ANOTHER DAMN CLIFFY!!!!
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY SAY TO EACH OTHER!!
hope vaughns not over her
cant wait for more
thanks for the pm

Tanya :beret:

i know cliffhangers keeps us coming back for more, but i want to know what happedned now :D ... great update...pm me when you update please

WOW WO WOW WO WOWWOW WO WOW WO WOWWOW WO WOW WO WOWWOW WO WOW WO WOWWOW WO WOW WO WOWWOW WO WOW WO WOWWOW WO WOW WO WOWWOW WO WOW WO WOW
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! UPDATE , HEY AND THANKS FOR MY PM

ams4alias said:
That Was Amazing I can't beleive you left us hangging like that

Amazing Story Can I please get a pm? Thanks
[post="1149636"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

NEW READER!!! :woot: i like getting new readers it tells me i'm at least doing something right :D i'll add you to the pm list ;)

Back