This Week's Episode of Angel

I was a little disappointed with this week's new episode of Angel. I mean, there hasn't been a new episode for almost two months. And then it's an episode all about... Harmony?!?!? Don't get me wrong. I was still excited for a new episode, and I thought it was a good one. I was just expecting a little more. They teased us with Christian Kane/Lindsay, and then there was no comment about him or Eve. Grrr.... Angel, you frustrate me! But in a good way! :P

i thougth it was interesting, but the idea of it has been done so many times. It was funny, i dont' mind harmony, the demons were cool, like thier screaches and costumes.

i thought it was funny, pilling em all in the closet. It wasnt' bad at all, but not the best.

can't wait till 100th! :smiley:

I think Mutant Enemy does this all the time, though perhaps without such a big gap between episodes--shows something completely devastating, or something completely exciting, then follows up with a "lighter" episode.

Though I think Harmony is funny, and I like her better as a vamp than as a high school girl (!), I still thought it was weird to base a whole episode on a vampire-without-a-soul. It may have been in another thread (sorry, I don't remember where I read this), but someone mentioned this: are vampires capable of feelings? Because that's certainly what the writers seemed to be going for in this episode.

Kind of liked the Harmony ep. It was kind of her "The Zeppo".

But Spike's excuse for not seeing Buffy was kind of flimsy. I know they couldn't get SMG, but the writers could have come up with a better reason, or had him to go to Europe, and return in the next ep.

Silverdewdrop said:
But Spike's excuse for not seeing Buffy was kind of flimsy. I know they couldn't get SMG, but the writers could have come up with a better reason, or had him to go to Europe, and return in the next ep.
ARGH--Spike's excuse made me cringe. Seriously.

I think Spike was definitely covering. He's not the type to open up to anyone least of all Harmony. 20 says he went there but didnt have the guts to see her again. I think he just didnt wanna make her miserable again. Anytime he or Angel is around her she's miserable yet somehow happy. I think Spike's realized he's got some attoning to do himself before he sees her again. He's just not as upfront about it as Angel.

I agree with the points you guys have brought up. Mutant Enemy does seem to follow up a heavy episdoe with a lighter one. It was just a little exaggerated because of the massive break between new shows.

On a happier side, I did enjoy the fact that we got a little more character development on Vamp Harmony. I always kinda wondered what was behind her wanting to take a job with the vampire who has a soul (or one of them... hehehe).

Back