Season 2 Three couples unite

I love the dynamics of the Irina Jack relationship. I think that she questioned why he would come to her for help and brought up the topic of their marriage because she was trying to stop him from falling in "love" again. If you can describe their relationship as having any love. Looking back at the series when she is in the holding cell she has to know that she is going to have to use Jack to get out of CIA custity, and I think she didn't want to hurt him again. I know she was completely horrible to his feelings before she left the CIA custity but I don't know if she could help it.

Yes, the PUNK look is awesome!!

The punk looked pretty cool, she looked rockin', the No Doubt song so added to that.
Syd and Vaughn I thought, should've actually tried it given sufficient care and planning but hey
their date has happened now,so i agree with what you've said about their 'date' in this ep, they
weren't thinking straight.
And on Jack and Irina getting along, this I expected, I think it is both encouraging and scary,
though how they'll deal with the past (let alone the present and future) is something else, but
with them in this episode, they really think fluidly together.
Posted by verdantheart @ Jan 14 2003 said:
but from Vaughn it's too much. What she wants is a more equal, sharing, mutually
supportive relationship (more like what Jack and Irina must have had?).
I really thought that too :D
And I also think Jack would've sacrificed himself for Sydney, indeed his salvation.
Posted by: Kit @ Jan 14 2003 said:
My sneaking suspicion is that there is some sort of head game going on between Jack and Irina. Is
he starting to "fall" for Irina again? It certainly looks that way. However, who is to say he is
not faking this to lower her guard so he could figure out what her end game is? In fact, as a
brilliant game-theorist, he would be expected to do that. And, as another brilliant game-theorist
, she would expect him doing that. My head hurts just think about all this  Guess we shall see.
LoL! I totally agree with those thoughts, all i thin of saying is 'truth takes time' ;)
Posted by: Azalea @ Jan 14 2003 said:
! What I wouldn't give to see Francie's face if she could see what her friend does on her "bank
trips"..LOL.
~
They really just *feel* like husband and wife...And I think most of the credit for that goes to
Victor Garber and Lena Olin for being such outstanding actors.
~
And I also agree about Jack's motives. He knew how much danger he was in. Also, it's possible
that he didn't consider going into hiding because if he did so, he would never have any closure
with Irina. He would never truly know what her motives were, or whether they could build back any
kind of relationship. Of course he wanted to protect Sydney, but I also think he was reluctant to
leave Irina just when he's on the verge of understanding her.
Ditto on all accounts!

I am too obsessed said:
I think that she questioned why he would come to her for  help and brought up the topic of their marriage because she was trying to stop him from falling in "love" again . . .  Looking back at the series when she is in the holding cell she has to know that she is going to have to use Jack to get out of CIA custity, and I think she didn't want to hurt him again.
Ah, but how does she use him without using him? She brought up the subject of her spy-infidelity because it was necessary to get Jack out of his troubles. However, I believe that bringing up this subject (witnessing the pain she causes Jack) caused her some genuine pain.
;)

Back