Three Days

Title: Three Days
Author: Sydney (Sydney Bristow 2300844)
Rating: PG
Summary: Sydney comes back from Hong Kong and goes to see Vaughn the day of his wedding to Lauren. She makes a wish and somehow...It comes true...
A/N: I got this idea after watching 13 Going on 30 yesterday. The scene where Syd talks to Vaughn is much like the scene where Jenna talks to Matt before his wedding. And of course, the wishing dust is from 13 Going on 30 too!

Disclaimer: I don't own alias or 13 going on 30. I do however own my own storylines, characters, etc.

Three Days

Part I: The Wedding Confrontation

An hour ago, Sydney Bristow was in a car, driving to the Reed’s Ranch in Virginia. A day ago, Sydney Bristow was on a flight from Hong Kong to Virginia. And finally, two years ago, she and Michael Vaughn were still very much together and in love. Sydney once thought that nothing could keep them apart. But that assessment had changed.

Sydney pulled up at the house and parked her silver Chevy Malibu rental car. The huge Reed Ranch stared down at her. It was situated on nearly five hundred acres. Cars were parked all the way up the circular drive way leading to the huge limestone mansion.

She got out of the car and locked the door. What was she doing there? She hadn’t even been invited. Just what exactly was her plan? When Weiss had accidentally told her about the wedding, she flew down there, hoping Vaughn would have a slight change of heart. Now that she was there, she didn’t know what to do. Walking up the long driveway, she spotted a florist carrying a vase of white flowers.

“I’ll take these.” Sydney said without hesitation. The florist shrugged and gave them to her. Sydney carefully walked into the huge house and looked around. She spotted her father and Weiss and moved the vase around to cover her face. Sydney climbed up the stairs and walked past an open door. Inside the room, Lauren Reed, Vaughn’s future wife, was admiring herself in the large mirror, her bridesmaids at her side. Sydney couldn’t help but think that she was supposed to be the one in that room, about to marry Michael Vaughn.

She quickly put the vase down on a side table and opened the last door in the hallway. Vaughn was inside trying to tie the bowtie. He turned around, shocked.

“What are you doing here?” He asked, surprised to see her. Vaughn had left her in Hong Kong after explaining that she had gone missing the day before.

Sydney was close to tears. “You’re getting married today huh?”

Vaughn nodded. “Yea.”

“Why are you doing this? Why didn’t you wait?” Sydney asked for the millionth time.

Vaughn sighed. “Sydney…”

“No, don’t.” Sydney protested.

“I need you to know something. I’ve…Ever since I found out that you were alive, I’ve felt things that I didn’t think I could feel again. But the truth is, I’ve moved on. I’m marrying Lauren. That’s her family downstairs. We love and care about each other.”

Sydney tried to nod as if she understood.

“Did you ever even love me?” She asked, forgetting about her plan to be civil. Desperate times called for desperate measures and this was definitely a desperate time.

“Syd, I’ve always loved you.” Vaughn told her.

Sydney sighed. “Michael, if you really loved me as much as you said you did, you would’ve waited longer. And if you really did love me, I would be the one in the room down the hall, wearing a wedding dress, not Lauren.” Sydney stated, crying now.

Vaughn knew that she only called him Michael when she was being extremely serious. He saw that she had started to cry and his heart broke all over again. “Please, Sydney, don’t cry.”

Sydney bit her bottom lip to keep from crying even more. “I’m alright.” She said weakly. “I want you to be happy, so happy.” Sydney said sadly and she turned to go.

Vaughn swallowed. “And I want you to be happy.”

Sydney turned back around, still crying silently. “Good luck with your life, Vaughn.” And with that, she walked out of the house, leaving Vaughn alone with his thoughts. He knew he couldn’t really marry Lauren. She was just something he was using to try to fill the hole in his life that Sydney had left.

Sydney walked outside, not really caring who saw her anymore and sat down on the side porch step. She watched as the flower girl threw what was supposed to be ‘Wishing Dust’ instead of flower petals. The cool fall breeze blew some over to where Sydney was sitting as she closed her eyes and tried to forget about Vaughn. I wish we made it to Santa Barbara. Sydney thought as the Wishing Dust blew through her hair.

Love this so far. 13 going on 30 (or Suddenly 30 as it is called here in the great land of Australia) is one of my favorite movies and I can't wait to see where you go with this.

Can I get a PM when you update please.

Love all your stories.

Thanks

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

you can't leave it there. PLEASE update soon - and coud i get a pm please :D

phoebs

Back