Three New Videos

Thanks to Andragon for pointing these out to me in IRC.

You see, we DO talk about stuff in there!

Check out the main page for these cool new vids from E3

Woot! I've only watched the first so far (I'm at work and thusly bandwidth-limited), but I do have a subject I wanted to ask. I've noticed that both videos I've seen have been from 3rd person. Quite reasonably this could be because they want to demo the game and show the character.

But my history with MMORPGs has made me conclude that I best enjoy those games where I can play in 1st person most of the time. That is why, I believe, EQ and Oblivion have been two games that held my attention. I need 1st person to be part of the world, but not all games have playable 1st person.

Does anyone know if HJ staff has addressed this subject anywhere?

Downloading the 2nd and 3rd videos now.

The first one, while pretty, didn't tell us much. What, for example, was that glow surrounding the player?

Im working on a smaller version. 90MB - xvid codec. Not sure if I will find the time to upload it tonight so u might have to wait until tomorrow. Our friends from heros hall will keep u updated :smiley:

*drools*
Need Mortar!

In the first movie we see the interface and the inventory screen in action. I don't like the design of it, nor the colors. Looks more like a Sci-Fi MMO.
Hope we can change all that. Read about it somewhere that it's supposed to be xml. Would be wonderful.

And, erm, sorry, I have to say it.
"Mooortaaaaaaaar Cooombaaaaaat!
:smiley:

Yes! I can't wait to see all of the other tools Gearknights will have for themselves. I might just ditch my old character idea and go with gearknight.

Gearknight BFG ftw!!!!! :D

The video's are awesome. The game looks to be in such a complete state that I can't believe it will be long before they open the game for beta. It looks so sweet.

Well, that just shows that things work inside the world... Not that they have all the abilities and items and wyr or PVP figured out yet. Though most games usually would have done that before their game looked this good.

Czi

Hey! That's my character dressed in black in the one video!

You see him cast Harm and then Web.

In the third video you get a glimpse of Teleport Backstab.

I've yet to watch the 2nd one.

The sparklies surrounding the one character is the affect created from the combination of Wyr that give "super jump".

Any more questions?

Originally posted by crisisfox+May 19 2006, 10:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crisisfox @ May 19 2006, 10:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HJ-Royce@May 19 2006, 10:45 AM
Any more questions?
I love you, and can I buy you a beer? [/b][/quote]
Sam Adams... draft or bottle.

Back